True confession from a cj merchant
    Being a civil CJ merchant - I do understand that CJ system has its ups and downs. So far they have worked well for us in terms of support, recruiting and other services. However, I must admit... each day I spend nearly 1/4 of my time waiting for search result on CJ publishers' page (enter CID and wait for search result), searching for transactions, pull reports and lastly, logging in...

My only wish is that I rather spend that 1/4 of my day to help publishers make more $$.

Just want to vent as I am about to have it up to my throat today... hopefully tomorrow is a better day.
    Last edited by stefanieyang; June 13th, 2007 at 08:33 PM.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Hi Stefanie,

Pulling reports, searching for transactions, etc are part and parcle of affiliate program management. Can't really comment on "waiting for search result on CJ publishers' page" as I have no idea what are you refering to or whether it is a CJ only feature.

I spent 1/10 of my time approving affiliates. Do I like doing it? No. Is it necessary, YES. If not, I get everybody from spam sites, questionable affiliate to banner farms joining my program.

When I have time, I try to do some research, do free consulting, etc. Welcome to the world of affiliate management and it's never easy but it can be rewarding.

ABW Ambassador
    Have you conveyed your feedback to CJ and if so, what do they say?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    Have you conveyed your feedback to CJ and if so, what do they say?
    we mentioned it to CJ all the time, they never seem to notice to any system errors or lag time.

cj should open job req for a cj platform tester and it can probably be a f/t position.

heading home early today

maybe download everything to excel and manipulate and do your searches in there?

ReallyBigGuy: we constantly review information on individual publisher page that can not be exported to spreadsheet.

Today is off to a great start - our account manager was checking in with us to see if everything is running smoothly and has offered to checking in the issue for us.

I appreciate your effort in checking and trying to resolve the issue. I can see CJ is making an effort in providing good services they promoised.

Toni - you rock!

Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    I think a lot of stefanie's issues are not that she doesn't want to do the work (as some may have read into her first post), but that CJ has been extremely slow so it's frustrating to do those tasks. This goes especially for yesterday, which we all had a tough time with. Yesterday most of my merchants' locked commissions were moved down to Current Balance, and I get the feeling that CJ's system slows down to a crawl for at least one or two days around this time each month while they're doing this balance shifting.

Of course I'm not excusing CJ for this; whatever they have to do each month to move balances from "locked" to "closed" (thus dropped into the Current Balance section) should NOT slow the system down to an unusable lag. If it's going to bog things down, either CJ should build a more robust system, or do these things in the middle of the night. It's just common business sense.

Yesterday's issue was due to the payment processing - I work on the merchant side as well as publisher side, and can say that performance reporting (other than something like a full year's performance report) on decently large programs don't take too much time up. If something takes a while, I'll just start something else with the program while I wait.

Publisher searches don't seem to take too long for me.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread