Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    We wait and we get empty promises, or that a fix has been done. Read Gordons latest post!

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...871#3256049871

It's about time we do something! This has gone on to long. The networks are not going to help, that should be obvious to all. Sure maybe we can convert a few merchants but that is just a drop in the bucket. All the moaning and groaning and bantering back and forth is getting us nowhere! We are talking it to death. We need action and we need it now. Evidently we will have to look for legal means to stop this. Lets get organized and get something going. Many have posted ideas, lets jump on one of those and get started!
    Cazzie

I agree, Cazzie.

We're well into the Holiday shopping season right now, and nothing has been done.

It's a scandal!

Andy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

Totally agree with every word of Cazzie's post - everyone read, re-read and read it again, especially this bit: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Evidently we will have to look for legal means to stop this.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I haven't posted here much lately as I'm on a mission to give up w*rk by the end of March, so extremly rushed at the moment but that doesn't stop me from being extremely concerned on the scumware issue - it's on of the biggest threats (currently probably the biggest threat) to all of us and the only real way to stop it is to somehow take legal action to make scumware illegal.

Don't fear the cookies

I am feeling very very sad to see that the participation of asking people to participate to fight this Issue is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    saaaaaaad!

What would it take before we can all act as a group?

Allot of people are just going through threads and seeking information on how to build better site and how to get more traffic and users buying from their site!

But the Parasite doesn't seem to hit in their system or nerve that they are not participating to contribute and fight this scums!

To really get this Predators out our website/s is to Participate!

Some will get tired of me asking to participate and sorry to say I will keep asking and asking untill everyone can see that we don't get a chance to win and more of us will not be around if we don't fight back "STARTING RIGHT NOW"

Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-)

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>What would it take before we can all act as a group?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Show affiliates how they can make more money and kick the parasites ass at the same time.

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    I think as a smaller off shoot group from here or based on people from ABW and maybe some other boards working together will start the ball rolling. Obviously the November meeting was a start and will proceed from there in my opinion. This issue is not going to be stopped dead in its tracks unfortunately and I forsee it taking more time before it is finally resolved. Wishing it would or could be stopped immediately but realistically it won't be no matter how much we try to kid ourselves. Ya, that sucks, but such is life, it isn't always fair.
    6000 + voices in here can't all be brought together as one. This was witnessed during the flame wars trying to get the meeting papers participants and agenda set, thus my feelings it will end up as a small more organized group getting things started vs trying to get all of us to agree on the same points of contention. There will always be varying opinions based on how we feel the best course of action should be, and not the belief there is no trust as has been posted in here previously.

Each of us in our own ways or capabilites can help out this issue. I have posted previously I will help out any way I can, even with somewhat limited resources and other issues at home that are going to limit what I may be able to do, but I will help as I am able to if called upon.
    WW

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by happypoon:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>What would it take before we can all act as a group?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Show affiliates how they can make more money and kick the parasites ass at the same time.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How we all gonna make more money when the Predators are taking it away from ALL OF US???

To just ignore and go on their own business(affiliates members not participating) is not going to help them in the long run!

To make more money we need to fight this scums out of the picture!

Only Few Members are willing to help with all they can and the others are just gonna sit and wait to collect what ever we (the ones that trying their best to fight the parasites!) gain in this fight!

Shame Shame Shame!

This just showed me that we do have more problems than Parasites and that is to those that is not doing anything to fight!

and just taking the good advice and learn so much from this board from good elite Affiliate that is trying to do the best for our own sake!

Shame on you all that just drive by to see what is going on!

Geez that is really freaking sad!

To who ever can start something that would help this thing don't give up, and we can all achieve great things on this fight!

to the ones that supporting to fight God Bless you!

To the one's that is not in to our fight yet?
    Come on in you are all welcome to Participate to what ever you can!

Everything that can help will greatly appreciated and we will all gain something!

Money will not be around for all of us in the future if we all don't start now!

Para sites will always be a problem simply because we can't get our acts together. We don't stand with each other instead we stand against each other. It's funny too because as I see it real help is offered and at that time is when all sorts come out of the woodwork with their childish accusations and rah rah about rights etc etc.

I laugh for every sale stolen when it doesn't have to be that way. Imagine an army with a 4 star general that none of the troups will follow because their feelings were hurt. When they get slaughtered it's only because they asked for it.

We have the power starting with abw to wipe out parasites by starting a legion of affiliates that will take a solid stance yet it will never happen.

ABW Ambassador
    Good post Heyder....

What we have here, is a failure to communicate (to borrow a line from my favorite movie of all time).

Factually, this is a civil war, a fight amongst ourselves; affiliate against affiliate.

What we need is a General Lafayette and his country (business) to step in on our side against the other. I believe that Lafayette will be Stephen Messer, and I think he will be the only one to actually fight with us against the parasites, AND, the other three networks who are still playing around with their Code of Conflict... er... Conduct.

All of the talk about raising cash to sue the bastards makes sense in an emotional fashion, but the fact of the matter remains that we would have to come out with a suit under RICO statutes; in that, our counterparts (and contemporaries), continued an unlawful enterprise, or abetted that selfsame unlawful enterprise - knowingly, wilfully, and with malice and forethought.

Obstinatedon

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.

Mahatma Gandhi

Never say Never :-)

If we all consistently asking all to participate and not arguing we can accomplish allot!

If we all put our idea in one table and not scattered all over the place,
    We will win!

If we all ask and post every where in this board to go to one Designated Forum to participate we can get more people to join and fight!

Do not give up and keep asking around this board to participate! That will be a great deal to accomplish and gain a better understanding that we are all in trouble and not just the small people!

And slowly get everyone in to that Designated Forum to offer what help they can!
    ---------

Haiko,

Is that okay with you?
    Can we have a Designated Forum for Contribution of what ever everyone can offer.

We need to start this and let's all put aside what ever hurt feelings or sarcasims we have in our mind!

We can all start a fresh New Year knowing that we can be an Organize Group!

Hello Everyone. I am starting all over again with affiliate marketing after having a terrible go of it last year. At that time I had never heard of parasiteware, but I knew that my clicks were really up there...with no sales. I thought that I was doing something wrong.

Since I am "new" at this, I cannot offer much, but I am willing to help wherever I can. I know that this problem is hurting the "senior affiliates" more than it is me at this particular time...but I know it will hurt me from the start.

Besides wanting to become a serious affiliate partner... I also want to be a serious, helpful lifetime member of this board. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Yes, I am learning what I need to know about earning an income from this board...but I am also slowly getting to know all of you as "affiliate friends" as well.

This problem will not go away overnight, and we must work together for the good of all concerned. I also know that every one of us has to make a living NOW...the best way that we can. I am looking right now for the best merchants for my website that does not go along with these thieves-so please, be patient with some of us...we are not "feeding" off of your experience and knowledge for nothing. It is just that some of us are new, and are trying to get our bearings in this new world.

Carpe Noctem (Seize the Night)

Nova,

Participate in what? A lawsuit? I think not. Why would anyone sign on to such a thing when absolutely everything about parasites including our possible strategies is being discussed in the open, albeit by well meaning people?

True strategies and plans most likely are being discussed in private away from prying eyes on this board and probably on others between people looking to end this.

What can most affiliates do? Make their sites so valuable to merchants that the thought of you dropping them would send cold chills up their spines.

Welcome Dragon Dame,

Yes I can understand that we are trying to make a living NOW and I am not saying that all is a
    Free Loader. :-)

I myself is very new and only depend on Affiliate Marketing and this board have help me in allot of ways!

My Partner has given me allot of help and that is why I am 100% for fighting this issue the best way I know how!

I can't offer allot (money wise!), but I can keep asking everyone to give their support to solve this problem together!

Because I truely believe that if we all come together, I will be gaining allot more than what I have now for my self and my family!

I sure can't do it my self so as the few members here. but if we all come aboard to fight the battle we can win the war!

Thank you for your support. :-)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SpecialK:
    Nova,

Participate in what? A lawsuit? I think not. Why would anyone sign on to such a thing when absolutely everything about parasites including our possible strategies is being discussed in the open, albeit by well meaning people?

True strategies and plans most likely are being discussed in private away from prying eyes on this board and probably on others between people looking to end this.

What can most affiliates do? Make their sites so valuable to merchants that the thought of you dropping them would send cold chills up their spines.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Participate on what ever everyone can come up with so we can fight this battle!

and comment like yours will not help to gain a good thing for all of us!

But you are still welcome to join what ever we all come up with and you will feel better in your self that you did participate!

True strageties might be forming and if you are ask to participate , will you?

Nova,

Yes, if I am asked to participate I will but in the meantime I am working to make my sites valuable to the merchants I promote.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SpecialK:
    Nova,

Yes, if I am asked to participate I will but in the meantime I am working to make my sites valuable to the merchants I promote.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am doing the same thing I have work and done all I can to promote the merchants, but the sales is not coming the way it should be and some never had a sale, (but you know you have clicks and not a single sale :-( ) because of the thieves leaches on my hardwork and to all!

What ever we can all come up with to fight this will not need allot of physical work (IE: taking a shower, cleaned up put good clothes and go drive.)

But to know who and how many will participate will help!

To ask people to help out in any way I can,
    I will keep doing it and so as others!

and if everyone will ask each other and come up with great solution that is an achievement I would like to be part of!

Because I will make more profit in the future because of it!

ABW Ambassador
    I would ask every person who has posted in this thread: have you submitted your own complaint to the FBI yet? If you haven't done that yet, you're not serious, you're just a whiner. That doesn't take group action, it just needs you to get your act together and DO it. The standard submission forms don't work well because they don't have checkboxes that really fit the situation. So, work through the forms as far as you can to see the kind of information they request, then go back and write a sensible, well-organized, non-emotional letter to submit through the comment box. Describe clearly clearly and unemotionally how you think you have been/are being ripped off, and by whom, and submit it through the comment box.

This does not preclude any other group action that might finally come together.

----------

On a different line of thought entirely:

If someone is getting zero sales, there is something wrong besides parasites. Some affiliates did some research for me before my presentation at the Nov. 7 meeting, and set up tracking scripts on their sites to see what percentage of their traffic was infected with assorted scumware. Results varied; at the time (late October/early November) the worst results were in the range of 20% of traffic being infected with something or other capable of either intercepting traffic or overwriting links directly. That is a substantial percentage, but it would NOT account for anywhere near 100% losses.

If you are getting zero sales, something else is wrong besides parasites. Could it be that your targetting is off? Could it be that your sales copy needs tweaking? Could it be that your site simply sucks?

Parasite issues are real, it's legitimate to be angry, and there's a lot we need to do (somehow ...) but don't let that blind you to other problems that might be easier to fix!

Buckworks I think you are right on the money.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by buckworks.com:
    I would ask every person who has posted in this thread: have you submitted your own complaint to the FBI yet? If you haven't done that yet, you're not serious, you're just a whiner.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not the FBI, but I sent this to a couple of U.S. Senators, (err, one U.S. Senator, my other one resigned in disgrace after taking illegal campaign contributions, so I figured he wouldn't be much help) and a couple of State Senators:

The Honorable Senator __________:

I'm concerned with the advent of software by various parties that intercepts the links between small Webmasters and larger manufacturers/retailers for the purposes of claiming credit for the sale and receiving the commissions due. This article in the NY Times of 9/27/2002 explains the situation better than I can, so I'd appreciate it if you would scan same and consider whether there is any potential political action that would be possible to thwart this phenomena.

NY Times Link: New Software Quietly Diverts Sales Commissions (link left off since it's pay per view by now)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Heyderâ„¢:
    Buckworks I think you are right on the money.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seconded - if/when the parasite issue gets cleaned up, I fear many people are going to be disappointed that their sales don't transform overnight.

Are you Crazy?

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> If you haven't done that yet, you're not serious, you're just a whiner. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry but I REALLY take exception to a blanket statement to this and sorry Elisabeth, but especially from you.
    Many here have come forward and voiced concerns or have added information as they see fit. And yes some have come on and blatantly screamed as loud as they can over and over about someone is stealing my commissions just to be heard. At the same time though, some here are also not familiar enough, computer literate enough, have the ability to generate a valid and justifiable complaint to the authorities based on complete facts vs just blindly stating someone is stealing fom me to do this.
    I have to consider one who of the above who may not feel comfortable doing such a complaint.
    I also don't think you will find me doing any whining about stolen commissions. Yes this whole issue needs to be fixed. I hate the fact my own money is a target just as all of us here feel. I have listened, posted reasonable, hopefully well though out posts to try to help without coming across as a so called WHINER as you have stated. So have others posted like this and are not whining.
    Unfortunately a complaint to the authorities would do no one good if I am not competant enough to make a PROPER complaint.
    I have however stated many times in here I will help as I can if needed and capable of doing so. This offer has and will stay on the table.

WW

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> but I will help as I am able to if called upon. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> may not feel comfortable doing such a complaint. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> 6000 + voices in here <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are not 6000 voices in here. There are a few dozen voices and the rest are mere watchers.

I'm calling upon you now, Walleye Warrior: I challenge you to get over "not feel[ing] comfortable" and invest twenty minutes or half an hour to write what you can and submit a formal complaint. It's a specific, positive, low-risk action that you CAN take, now.

It doesn't have to be written like a computer science PhD dissertation to be useful ... it doesn't have to be textbook perfect to add weight to the file.

The FBI are aware of the issues, and raising the profile of that file can only be a good thing. Every extra letter about it will help.

Write what you can and send it in.

------
    Here's something else to consider ... next time you're updating pages, add a line of code that calls Andrew Clover's detection script. It will only make its presence known if a visitor is infected; it will tell them about their problem and some ways to clean it up.

One user here, one user there getting cleaned up is a small deal, but again, every bit helps.

Read about it here: http://doxdesk.com/parasite/

Affiliate Manager
    I highly encourage everyone to begin sending email and letters, and making phone calls to BeFree, Commission Junction, LinkShare, and Performics. We had a meeting on Nov. 7th to talk about the ParasiteWare issue. It has now been over a month and I do not see a "Code of Conduct", "Rules of Engagement", or an "Industry Standard".

I would love to see ABW rally behind this to put a bit more pressure on the networks. It has been a month and we need some results now. Please contact the networks and ask for a decision to be made.

I think that is the next logical step...

Thanks,

Shawn Schwegman
    Overstock.com
    801-947-3119
    shawn@overstock.com

ABW Ambassador
    I did have his scripts on some pages. I then discovered one weekend I went and tried to view the pages and they were causing SERIOUS delays in my page loading. Whether it was my putting them in wrong or for other reasons I don't know, but were removed because of it.
    I wish the parasite issue was my only battle right now. The formal complaint is one I just can't handle right now so respectfully I have to hold off for the time being on that part of it. Does it make me a WHINER?
    WW

ABW Ambassador
    Elisabeth
    Can international people contact & complain to FBI or similar? Do they want to hear from us? If so, let me know how I can do this. I am not US based and don't know the procedure.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast