Can I safely say this...
    I am now using the datafeed for a few merchants (thanks to mobilebadboy for his script) and promoting one merchant using adwords.

I tested the link on my site product page leading to the merchant site and it does track and show up at SAS.

Can I safely say that it will track my id for any sales on the merchant site once leaving my site.

I am asking because, before using the datafeed, I have a few sales once a while within a month, i.e clicks at adwords landing on my html pages.

Now for over a month after having the adwords click landing on my php datafeed pages there are totally zero sales and moreover there are increase in the adwords CTR.

I cannot do a test purchase because the price is over $100 and I have no use for it.

I had written to the AM but there is no reply for over two weeks.

Is there anything wrong with my implementing the datafeed.

Is there any other way that I can test or track when a purchase occurs.

Thanks
    Richard

Tax Paying Member
    I don't know enough to give you a direct answer to your question..but.......

Is there a way that you could maintain the old with the new...ie, 2 different pages on your site?? At least until you are satisfied with the new system.

When I have something that is working, I try to keep it. I will build a parallel, but different page or site for the new.

Just an idea.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Hi Witzer,

I still maintain the html pages but for adwords my keyword landing page is now directed to the new php pages.

I am thinking of moving the landing page to the old html pages but using the new php pages I am having more ctr and average position is around 5 for most keywords.

Thanks
    Richard

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    A few sales to none is not necessarily a trend you can attribute to the datafeed. Conversion rates are often seasonal. For example, Feb and March can be good since people get their tax refunds. I think once click thrus are showing up at SAS in your reports, it is going to track if a sale is made.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread