We hear a lot of complaints, concerns, whining, disappoinments for all reasons, from affiliates against merchants.

I'd like to know what kind of problems, complaints, disappoinments etc. do merchants/affiliate managers have againts the affiliates in general.

I just believe most what of what you will tell might really help us.

Affiliate Manager
    No one brave enough for this one yet?

;-)

I dislike it when an affilait makes it harder to help them. I can't give specific examples (which is a real shame- you could have a few laughs) but the biggest culprit is an affiliate who takes advantage of the time of my team. These are the affiliates who demand specialized reports, a full evaluation of their site, web position submission or reports, webtracker assistance for keyword purchases and sustom banners - and three months later still don't have a site up and won't answer email. Repeating this cycle more than once is even worse.

On the flip side- I love an affiliate who does ask for the extra help and then puts it to use and send me a note to tell me about increases and ask for more.

As a general rule also- I think you should do business with people and companies you trust and respect. Otherwise, you are wasting valuble time and emotional energy. This goes for affiliates and merchants.

Jessica Hutson
    Manager of Affiliate Relations/Development
    Interactive Affiliate Network
    http://affiliate.travelnow.com/affiliates/home.jsp

I'll be brave! I am still a "newbie" merchant around here(2 months?) but I have learned alot. I was brought in by a colleage who alerted me to morpheus merchant black list on here..

My main complaint is a general one. I read ALOT of the forums around ABW..about every topic and many of them refer to merchants "as thieving..in bed with parasites, purposefully stealing from affiliates by willingly working with these companies, etc etc" I am not quoting verbatim..just general comments.

I suppose these type of comments are truly warranted against SOME merchants..but I think we really need to stop this us vs them mentality and also stop assuming that merchants are really all willing participants with these parasites..most of us are not..and until we were alerted to them by diligent affiliates...we really had no clue...

and lastly..the other merchants who are active here will agree on this one..is since we are here every day working with all of you on cleaning our programs of parasites..we should be getting top billing on your sites..not the merchants who are either willingly or unwillingly working with them.

Anyway..that is it for me! I really do appreciate my affiliate network..and i love the ones who do take time to contact me and show an interest in what works and what doesn't..

my 5 cents..

Patty Altaffer
    Affiliate Manager
    AKA Gourmet(www.akagourmet.com)
    patty@akagourmet.com

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by patty@akagourmet:
    My main complaint is a general one. I read ALOT of the forums around ABW..about every topic and many of them refer to merchants "as thieving..in bed with parasites, purposefully stealing from affiliates by willingly working with these companies, etc etc" I am not quoting verbatim..just general comments.

I suppose these type of comments are truly warranted against SOME merchants..but I think we really need to stop this us vs them mentality and also stop assuming that merchants are really all willing participants with these parasites..most of us are not..and until we were alerted to them by diligent affiliates...we really had no clue...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    With all due respect, Patty, and we do appreciate the merchants who share your views and your actions, and many people have told you that, your views do not represent a significant number of the larger merchants. This parasite issue is controlling our business. Please try to put yourself in the affiliate's position. How would you feel if you were seeing a steady decline, month after month, as so many of us are? How would you feel if your competitors were popping up on your website attempting to steal your customers from you?

We have been lied to repeatedly. A number of people here spent a tremendous amount of time and money from their own pockets to organize the 11/7 meeting only to wait a month and have absolutely nothing come from it. This is an issue that could lead to the total demise of affiliate marketing if the big players don't stop it once and for all.

This issue will not go away without the diligence of those here and if that means saying the same thing over and over, well then that's just how it will have to be as I see it. The more pressure we place on the networks and merchants, the better.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BiddingForTravel.com:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by patty@akagourmet:

I suppose these type of comments are truly warranted against SOME merchants..but I think we really need to stop this us vs them mentality and also stop assuming that merchants are really all willing participants with these parasites..most of us are not..and until we were alerted to them by diligent affiliates...we really had no clue...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    With all due respect, Patty, and we do appreciate the merchants who share your views and your actions, and many people have told you that, your views do not represent a significant number of the larger merchants. This parasite issue is controlling our business. Please try to put yourself in the affiliate's position. How would you feel if you were seeing a steady decline, month after month, as so many of us are? How would you feel if your competitors were popping up on your website attempting to steal your customers from you?

We have been lied to repeatedly. A number of people here spent a tremendous amount of time and money from their own pockets to organize the 11/7 meeting only to wait a month and have absolutely nothing come from it. This is an issue that could lead to the total demise of affiliate marketing if the big players don't stop it once and for all.

This issue will not go away without the diligence of those here and if that means saying the same thing over and over, well then that's just how it will have to be as I see it. The more pressure we place on the networks and merchants, the better.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto!

Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-)

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread