Angry Gateway - Anyone get an email?
    Our Gateway links haven't been working and I just finally found out they have been closed for about a month on Befree and not yet live on CJ. I see many other affiliates still have them up. I checked with everyone that works for me and they didn't see any email. Did anyone get notice of this?

ABW Ambassador
    Got an email back in May:

post # 5

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=85216

"Due to some recent technological problems with the affiliate program, Gateway
    has decided to shut down the BFAST program and focus on re-launching the new
    affiliate program on the Commission Junction network. We hope to be live on the
    CJ platform in the next few weeks.

We value each and every one of you as partners and appreciate your willingness
    and understanding as we’ve faced these challenging issues, and our hope is that
    we can continue to work together on the new platform in the near future.

Please keep an eye out for additional messaging of the new launch date and
    necessary steps for the migration.

Thank you,

Initiative
    (Agency of record for Gateway)"

Well I don't know how we missed it. I do know I am not the only one, see lots of other affiliates with them still up.

Still up (with broken BeFree links) on my site. I missed it too. Pulling them down right now.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I don't recall notice, thanks Connie for the heads up!

ABW Ambassador
    I would say it's likely the email missed you rather than you missed the email. As I noted earlier this year at http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...hlight=Hotmail I stopped receiving all email from BeFree last fall. Of course it took a while for me to realize it and then I changed the email address in my BeFree profile to a Hotmail address and it's been fine since. If those of you who didn't receive the Gateway email also haven't received email from other BeFree merchants, I would recommend that you change your email address in your BeFree profile.

Glad I am not the only one who missed it, usually I catch stuff. I think Best Buy is about all I have left there now.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by flamingoworld
    I think Best Buy is about all I have left there now.
    You also have Expedia which is still on BeFree. Did you receive their weekly email sent out early this morning?

Yes, I checked and we did get the Expedia email.

mustve missed it too.. removing them now.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    I would say it's likely the email missed you rather than you missed the email. As I noted earlier this year at http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...hlight=Hotmail I stopped receiving all email from BeFree last fall. Of course it took a while for me to realize it and then I changed the email address in my BeFree profile to a Hotmail address and it's been fine since. If those of you who didn't receive the Gateway email also haven't received email from other BeFree merchants, I would recommend that you change your email address in your BeFree profile.
    I stopped receiving BeFree emails months ago as well. I figured it was due to merchant negligence but maybe not. I just changed my email, so hopefully I'll start receiving something now.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I still receive emails from BeFree and the last one I got from Gateway was to the effect that they would soon be migrating to CJ. Since then I haven't received any further notification from them. Strangely enough, all Gateway's direct product links are still tracking through BeFree for me. The only links that go to a dead page are the generic banners and text links.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread