Major LS Merchants that allow Direct To Merchant PPC?
    Hey: Does anyone know of *Major* merchants on LS that allow direct to merchant SEM? This is easy to find out on CJ, but no unified place in LS, so I was wondering if others could throw the names out.

I am not looking for third tier vacation sites to promote, only the big names here.

Thanks.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Unfortunately, there isn't a masterlist for affiliates to look through and say "Orbitz does allow SEM while CheapTickets does not*". It would be a useful tool to have though.

You can contact the program manager and ask about, that is as much as I can tell you.

*Cheaptickets, Orbitz were thrown out as an example only.

Thanks. I have tried that before, with no luck. LS just says to contact the merchant. It is funny, I am a CJP over at CJ, but LS won't give me the time of day.

Affiliate Manager davidscookies's Avatar
    Not sure I understand your question, but we take any traffic you want to send us as long as it's legal and ethical as compared to the various forms of online marketing. SEM seems fine to me, just don't copy our product descriptions and it's all good.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    I think he means programs that allow pay-per-click ads going directly to the merchants site.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Ahh, that makes sense, thanks. I don't have a problem with that at all. I'm still debating the ads where people bid on our brand name, but for now I'm fine with it. As for product types (cookies, brownies, cakes, tarts) - no problem whatsoever. I can say from experience that we convert best with PPC on our cookies and brownies, not quite as well on our other products (cakes, tarts, etc.).

I would not let the affs bid on your brand name. Even as an aff, I think that is reasonable. But, my suggestion to merchants is to let us do the rest. Really, I have probably 5 million keywords on Google and do this 10 hours a day. Let the affs take care of the long right tail, if you can't beat the affs in positioning, then I think the merchant is doing something wrong.

Sure, I'm all for it - it's win-win in my book.

SEM is a pretty ambiguous term (natural search, paid search, PPC, PPC direct to merchant?) so I've changed the title to match the direction that the thread took.

Every network should have a central place for merchants to specify their PPC rules. It would save a lot of time and frustration on both ends.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi Kea

Drop me an email (or PM) we have a number of clients that will allow direct to site SEM and PPC as long as it is away from their TMs. A number also provide recommended keyword lists to help build lists too. chris.Sanderson /at/ amwso.com

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread