Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    WWE tragedy
    WILKES-BARRE, Pa. – A night originally designated Mr. McMahon Appreciation Night turned deadly when the WWE Chairman’s limousine burst into a fiery explosion just moments after Mr. McMahon stepped into it. Permanently uprooting the world of sports-entertainment, the Chairman has been presumed dead in Wilkes-Barre, Pa.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/mcmahonpresumeddead

Watching Smackdown now....they are talking about it. Trust, you watching???

Outsourced Program Manager Affiliate Eagle's Avatar
    This is unbeliveable. I've been a long time WWF fan and stopped watching right after the when it became WWE. I think it looks suspcious...
    Emilio Yepez
    Affiliate Program Manager
    www.lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    PH: 305 389 8955
    AIM: affiliateagle
    Email: emilio@lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    Follow Me On My Twitter

Programs Managed - Join Now! | Navarro.com|| OneWayFurniture | OnlyKidsHangers | EverythingHangers.com | RejuvByCaci.com |

They say they haven't found any traces of his body.

Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    Sorry to spoil your fun, Connie, but this turned out to be (not surprisingly) part of the WWE "in-universe" storyline and the actual person didn't die.

From Wikipedia:

"On June 11, 2007, WWE aired a segment at the end of RAW that featured McMahon (in character) entering a limousine moments before it exploded. The show went off-air shortly after, and WWE.com reported the angle as though it were a legitimate occurrence, proclaiming that McMahon was "presumed dead."[5] Although this was the fate of the fictional Vince McMahon character, no harm came to the actual person (that is, his death was part of a storyline)."

Also more info on this is here. The WWE is not only a form of entertainment ostensibly posing as a sport, but they've got their own little faux universe going on in their fans' heads and they can't seem to get enough. Like crack or heroin, I tells ya!

have they been talking to taxbrain on how to create viral marketing?

LMAO

but the FBI seems to not be laughing as loud
    http://www.wrestling-edge.com/wwenew...t_from=&ucat=1

You can't believe everything you see in Wikipedia. People can go in there and write anything.

True enough, but this is clearly a hoax (though the WWE would more likely call it a "storyline"). There's an abundance of sources, including the second source I linked to above, that have explained this since the story broke on the 11th. My guess is that McMahon will miraculously come back; they'll "find" him and he hadn't been in the "fiery explosion" in the first place. He's far too integral to the WWE world to go away.

But Vince had been having premonitions, he was acting really strange that night. I think he forsaw his demise. I wonder why they haven't found any traces of him yet. Could a limo have that much gasoline in it to burn that hot?
    His daughter Stephanie just had a baby a while ago too, poor little kid will never know grandpa.

Ok, I'll play.

Yes, it's such a tragedy! It's so intriguing that Vince might have predicted this horror. Who perpetrated this murderous act? I agree with ya, flamingoworld... I don't think a vehicle like that could have enough gas in it to create that kind of explosion without any warning of impending fire. A car bomb? Maybe rigged to explode when the rear seat cushion in the limo was sat on? Could also have been be an IED set off remotely by cell phone or radio transmitter by someone really mad at Vince.

Quote Originally Posted by flamingoworld
    You can't believe everything you see in Wikipedia. People can go in there and write anything.
    I never believe anything in Wikipedia, it's fake.

I believe everything in WWE, it's all real.

Yeah, I keep watching tonight, seeing all the comments by the wrestlers after commercials. I can't believe all the fans laughing. I know Vince was a jerk, but geez, have some respect for the family!

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    I was changing channels about an hour ago and saw their own news conference type report, caught the back end of the report. They kepted saying 'the show must go on' then brought in the 50's convertible with the girl on the roller blades, no don't care for the dudes, lol. Looked suspicious and still does. Would have been all over the news last few days if it were true.

Or is it?

Perhaps a coverup?

did you see the video...it's like the whole wwe is in on it they all watched him walk to his waiting car... Connie your right he knew he even tried to go the other way...it was all a set up and they all let it happen

do you think it was radio activated or triggered by his shutting the door?

I'm guessing the gas never even blew i bet that was all bang!

Um..... Connie.... Nevermind....

If you really want to grieve for someone, Sherri Martel passed away today
    http://news.google.com/news?um=1&tab...rtel&scoring=n
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

haha Nature Boy. I am watching you wrestle Edge right now.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbshouse
    have they been talking to taxbrain on how to create viral marketing?
    I'm pretty sure this one is real... an unbelievable situation, clear visual evidence, independent news corroboration, statements from various credible parties close to the situation attesting to certain facts, action and eye candy. I've always thought that WWE was fake, but now I'm not so sure?

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    WWE , one of the weirdest SOAP Operas to grace the air waves.......my kids love..... I can't stand it....... but you have to credit the actors with some pretty amazing acrobatic skills.

Cheers

chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    There are two sources of accurate information I trust...

The National Enquirer and the WWE. To stage an antic like Vince actually blowing up in a limo in order to promote viewership is NOT something that the WWE would ever do, and frankly I am offended that anyone would imply such a thing. That kind of sensationalism is not their way of doing business.

I have no doubt that everything that Vince and the WWF, WWE. WWW, (or whatever name they use now) is actual and anyone who thinks otherwise is just plain naive.

Vince is gone, and regardless of what some here might believe, I'm sure there is a perfectly logical reason why they were not able to find any sign of his remains in the vehicle. I'm also convinced that there is a perfectly logical reason as to how a 300 lb man can launch from the top rope and land full force with his knee onto his sprawling opponents throat and the guy shakes it off without injury.

The search for Vince may end up as fruitless as O.J's unrelenting search for the real killer, but either way, a truly meaningful, deep, philanthropic role model is with us no more, and I for one want answers!!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Quote Originally Posted by ALH - AmeritrustRx
    That kind of sensationalism is not their way of doing business.
    Yet Vince made the decision to do it...

I used to enjoy wrestling more than anybody, but if this was real, there is NO WAY it would be shown on national television, especially in replay on their various shows. It's viral marketing at it's best... and it's working for now.
    Scott
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

Alan, you summed it all up very nicely. I wonder how they will go on.
    Maybe Vince's daughter and her husband Triple H were behind this. Stephanie was just promoted, maybe not promoted high enough for her liking?

I wouldn't rule out Vince returning though. They already have Undertaker, who died and came back.

Wow, I am glad I am going to be in NY this week! I hate Carlito, might have to take an apple along to spit in his face, but Kane is cool!

Tuesday, June 19 2-4 p.m.
    Jacob Javits Center, New York City, NY
    Meet Carlito from 2-4 p.m.

Wednesday, June 20 2-4 p.m.
    Jacob Javits Center, New York City, NY
    Meet Kane from 2-4 p.m.

Quote Originally Posted by flamingoworld
    Meet Kane from 2-4 p.m.
    You can always come to Tennessee and go to his and his wife's seafood restaurant. I live about 20 miles from there, and he used to shop at the grocery store I worked out back in day when he went by the name Unibomb in Smokey Mountain Wrestling. He's one BIG motherf'er!
    Scott

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    perfectly logical reason as to how a 300 lb man can launch from the top rope and land full force with his knee onto his sprawling opponents throat and the guy shakes it off without injury.
    You had me worried right up until I got to the above bit Alan.
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast