ABW Ambassador
    Arrow Nyt ???
    Sat Jun 16 2007 12:46:20 ET

Since the inception of the Web, online commerce has enjoyed hypergrowth, with annual sales increasing more than 25 percent overall, and far more rapidly in many categories. But in the last year, growth has slowed sharply in major sectors like books, tickets and office supplies, the NEW YORK TIMES will report on Sunday, newsroom sources tell the DRUDGE REPORT.

In Page One leads, the paper claims: "Growth in online sales has dropped dramatically in such diverse categories as health and beauty products, computer peripherals and pet supplies. Analysts say it is a turning point and growth will continue to slow through the decade."

There's still hope found at the end of the article:
    John Morgan, an economics professor at the University of California, said he expected online commerce to continue to increase, partly because it remains less than one per cent of the overall economy. "There's still a lot of head room for people to grow," he said.
    US 'returning to shops as online buying peaks'
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

the consensus I'm seeing is that the NYT is lagging in print and online, so it needed to stir some controversy.

Personally by us sales are fine in a whole bunch of different niches.

If you're in B2B, it's even better.

Full story:

Internet sales are not slowing down. The growth rate of Internet sales are solowing down. So, it's still growth but at a slower pace.

Washington, DC
    I read that one too, and I think it is sort of misleading. Why are merchants still dividing their sales into offline and online components, especially when a lot of online sales are made at the virtual version of their brick-and-mortar stores ( instead of Barnes & Noble the store). For me at least, it is much more helpful to look at things in context of the overall retail trend.
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager

ABW Ambassador
    Nunya, Business
    Online sales are fine and grow each year. In 2005 it was something like 81 Billion and expected to be 144 Billion in 2010. That will only increase each and every year as it has every single year. People who shop online and have a good experience will continue. New people shop online every day. Also generations coming up today are brought up with computers/internet in the home and school. They are very comfortable with computers which will be even better once they get credit cards in their hands.

Gee maybe that tech guy at Nortel in 1995 was right when he told me that the "internet thing" was just a fad...
    [URL=]Are these affiliates stealing from you?[/URL]

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread