Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    4 major affiliate networks pull the rug out from under their affiliates
    The whole thing here:

http://digg.com/business_finance/4_m...eir_affiliates

You think the incentives marketing comes to an end soon?

ABW Ambassador
    I thought you said major Those are just some CPA networks.

"Well, it looks like anyone who works with Clickbooth, Hydra media, PerfectPayCheck, and Netblue will need to pay close attention to their in-box for the next few days: All 4 have all decided that they will no longer welcome incentivized traffic. Could this be the beginning of the end for affiliates everywhere?"

It's the end times, run for your lives, pt. 322.

ABW Ambassador
    Ya, THE END

ABW Ambassador
    As Trust indicated, these are not major affiliate networks. Further, there is no source provided.

Maybe the title would be better described as "Are CPA Networks No Longer Allowing Incentivized Publishers?"

Internet Cowboy
    Incentivizing people to fill out a lead and pretend to show interest in buying a product that they are not interested in buying is not a sustainable business model.
    Yep, the end of affiliate marketing is here.

I thought the end was last week or did I miss that memo
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Thumbs down PerfectPayCheck - is fraud!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    I thought you said major Those are just some CPA networks.

"Well, it looks like anyone who works with Clickbooth, Hydra media, PerfectPayCheck, and Netblue will need to pay close attention to their in-box for the next few days: All 4 have all decided that they will no longer welcome incentivized traffic. Could this be the beginning of the end for affiliates everywhere?"

It's the end times, run for your lives, pt. 322.
    PerfectPayCheck has close my account and don't pay me 21 000 $. It is super fraud in NET.
    If Incentivezed programm End - then spam email program have big start.

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    Wow $21,000 is rough. I was not paid $3600 once and it made me extremely upset. I had a colelction agency get it and they got half.

I would consider getting a lawyer and fast or usisng a bill collection agency if you have some documentation. Signed contract and sales info.

I would do it fast too so you you can be the biggest pain and get your money.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by andbeyond
    Wow $21,000 is rough. I was not paid $3600 once and it made me extremely upset. I had a colelction agency get it and they got half.

I would consider getting a lawyer and fast or usisng a bill collection agency if you have some documentation. Signed contract and sales info.

andbeyond, this isn't web design or seo services. This is operating as a sub-affiliate under an affiliate type operation that functions in the capacity of a CPA network. Valid leads are paid for, if there is such a thing. This isn't a "business arrangement" like design where you can get redress for services rendered, this is the smelly, hairy armpit of the affiliate industry - and fraud is rampant.

If a sub-affiliate is sending bad leads, they cannot collect in any way if their account is closed and payment is withheld, because there is no way possible they can document the source of the traffic to verify that they were not fraudulent leads. The advertiser paying for leads sure knows, having to pay money for worthless leads isn't too palatable to them.

If you pay me and 49 other people 5 bucks apiece to spend a few minutes filling out a form for a quote, that's 50 people who have no interest other than the 5 bucks, and that's 50 worthless leads that the advertiser is stuck with.

http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...3&postcount=13

7 diggs and the story is password protected. Yeah, big news.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I've found the end!

It's here

But before you go don't foget to save your copy

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    andbeyond, this isn't web design or seo services. This is operating as a sub-affiliate under an affiliate type operation that functions in the capacity of a CPA network. Valid leads are paid for, if there is such a thing. This isn't a "business arrangement" like design where you can get redress for services rendered, this is the smelly, hairy armpit of the affiliate industry - and fraud is rampant.

If a sub-affiliate is sending bad leads, they cannot collect in any way if their account is closed and payment is withheld, because there is no way possible they can document the source of the traffic to verify that they were not fraudulent leads. The advertiser paying for leads sure knows, having to pay money for worthless leads isn't too palatable to them.

If you pay me and 49 other people 5 bucks apiece to spend a few minutes filling out a form for a quote, that's 50 people who have no interest other than the 5 bucks, and that's 50 worthless leads that the advertiser is stuck with.

http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...3&postcount=13
    O Ok I didnt know what it was. CPA to me means "action" as in buying something.

I guess I should know what all these things are or look it up before posting.

ABW Ambassador
    It's actually a good question, because what happens in a case where a network hypothetically doesn't pay for leads that were fine and gotten within T&C? I can't picture how anything could be documented, especailly with an incentive situation.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    they just up and decided to stop with incentives... and next these shatworks will decide to stop using adware to pop over shopping carts... and they'll decide that transparency is needed and allow the main networks access to all the subaffiliates...

they are being pursued by the ftc and states AG's... decided my butt.

next we'll hear how azoogle "decided" to clean up their act...
    http://blog.affiliatetip.com/archive...orney-general/

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    the end is near... for scammers and poppers and the unethical. the days of untamed cheating are numbered.

Affiliate Manager
    Thank god, the world will be a better place

Quote Originally Posted by arie1985
    You think the incentives marketing comes to an end soon?
    That would be great (no offense intended to you, Arie), but somehow I doubt that it will. There's a lot of money in it. That industry faces a lot of scrutiny and legal issues (as it should). Many in that industry are truly scummy. If anything, I would expect it to eventually move offshore, like online gambling did.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I don't think it'll be the end of incentive marketing, but there will be changes. I predict more networks will jump on board with a ban of some type, but the ban won’t be total. As much as these 4 networks are deemed smallish on ABW, the overall numbers for incentive traffic are quite large, so this is a big enough change.

Many board members here share the opinion that all incentive traffic is bad, but that's not always the case. There are many situations where the incentive model works well, where merchant, affiliate and surfer are happy with the deal. Not all advertising campaigns are built to monetize incentive traffic effectively, but a smart merchant can make a profit from incentive traffic if they work the model correctly (particularly for trial based offers). Pay pubs with incentive traffic a little less to account for the drop off rate of surfers just looking for the freebie, offer the newly acquired incentive surfers retention bonuses for staying on with the offered services past the trial period, make the terms of the trial contract very clear to discourage the freebie seekers, charge a minor trial fee for further weeding of the freebie-hunters. Most importantly – monitor the sources of traffic to weed out the good pubs from the bad.
    [font=verdana][b][size=3][color=red]Are you familiar with [URL]MaxBounty.com[/URL] yet?[/color][/b][/size][/font][font=verdana][b][size=1][color=black]
    • Over 120 merchants with CPA/CPS programs seeking affiliates
    • Over 4500 network publishers seeking programs to advertise
    • Earn $100 per merchant and 5% per affiliate on the second tier [/b][/color][/size][/font]

I never hear of those

Incentive marketing can work if the two products are relevent. Maybe incent publishers can make a bold note in their t's and c's "If you cancel this product right after you sign up for it, someone will come to your house and punch you in the face repeatedly"

I remember that a few years ago, every one was talking about that PPC search traffic is coming to an end because of fraud and cheating affiliates. What happened? Nothing. PPC engines just made some regulations to their terms and kicked some little affilates out of business and continue to do their business. As long as there is a web site out there which needs "x" kind of traffic, there will be no end.

I don't understand why the first reaction of some people are always let's stop it because there are fraud. Fraud is everywhere. It's not the problem of incentivized traffic. It's the problem of advertising in general.

Google is testing now "CPA" type advertising because of the click fraud. But will this end fraud? No, because these cheaters will find a way to cheat google's new system too. As soon as Google launches its new program, thousands of cheaters will also launch their own. So, what's the difference? If you run an incentivized type program there will always be a risk that subscribers will cheat. If you run a cpa program, there will always be a risk that the affiliates will cheat. Whatever you chose there is always a risk.

Why should affiliate networks stop all incentivized traffic instead of trying to concentrate on ways of making their traffic more quality? I am sure that these advertisers are not "mad" to invest more and more money on incentivized traffic each year, if they were not making any profit.

Affiliate networks must force their affiliates to require proof of identification from their subscribers and to control their traffic regularly against fraud. If Clickbooth, Hydra media, PerfectPayCheck, and Netblue can not do this, it's their problem.

Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by Mybest
    I remember that a few years ago, every one was talking about that PPC search traffic is coming to an end because of fraud and cheating affiliates. What happened? Nothing. PPC engines just made some regulations to their terms and kicked some little affilates out of business and continue to do their business. As long as there is a web site out there which needs "x" kind of traffic, there will be no end.

I don't understand why the first reaction of some people are always let's stop it because there are fraud. Fraud is everywhere. It's not the problem of incentivized traffic. It's the problem of advertising in general.

Google is testing now "CPA" type advertising because of the click fraud. But will this end fraud? No, because these cheaters will find a way to cheat google's new system too. As soon as Google launches its new program, thousands of cheaters will also launch their own. So, what's the difference? If you run an incentivized type program there will always be a risk that subscribers will cheat. If you run a cpa program, there will always be a risk that the affiliates will cheat. Whatever you chose there is always a risk.

Why should affiliate networks stop all incentivized traffic instead of trying to concentrate on ways of making their traffic more quality? I am sure that these advertisers are not "mad" to invest more and more money on incentivized traffic each year, if they were not making any profit.

Affiliate networks must force their affiliates to require proof of identification from their subscribers and to control their traffic regularly against fraud. If Clickbooth, Hydra media, PerfectPayCheck, and Netblue can not do this, it's their problem.
    Hi from jj100 (http://uniqwork.com)!!!
    This is the best Post on this forum about fraud/imperfect networks. Thank you.

Exclamation
    Quote Originally Posted by andbeyond

Hi, ask Perfect about CD1172. Within Mar, 1/2 Apr I have in my stats 21 000$, If 25% - fraud (Ok!), then where is other money for good leads. PerfectPaycheck&Pantera... - elementary fraud!!!

Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by JP Sauve
    I don't think it'll be the end of incentive marketing, but there will be changes. I predict more networks will jump on board with a ban of some type, but the ban won’t be total. As much as these 4 networks are deemed smallish on ABW, the overall numbers for incentive traffic are quite large, so this is a big enough change.

Many board members here share the opinion that all incentive traffic is bad, but that's not always the case. There are many situations where the incentive model works well, where merchant, affiliate and surfer are happy with the deal. Not all advertising campaigns are built to monetize incentive traffic effectively, but a smart merchant can make a profit from incentive traffic if they work the model correctly (particularly for trial based offers). Pay pubs with incentive traffic a little less to account for the drop off rate of surfers just looking for the freebie, offer the newly acquired incentive surfers retention bonuses for staying on with the offered services past the trial period, make the terms of the trial contract very clear to discourage the freebie seekers, charge a minor trial fee for further weeding of the freebie-hunters. Most importantly – monitor the sources of traffic to weed out the good pubs from the bad.
    MaxBounty - the super network. Thanks Steve, Jessica from http://uniqwork.com

Thanks but I think you misunderstood my post (may be). It's not about fraud/imperfect networks. It's about fraud in general. In my opinion, it's affliliates responsibility to stop fraud but they must be forced (and also supported at the same time) by the affiliate networks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast