Arrow About the Quick Database of all available coupons.
    Is there a way to get the SAS datafeed of all available coupons from my merchants by FTP, now?

If not, are there any plans to do it in the future?

The main reasons I finally decided to post these questions, are that now that I have created my own PHP-MySQL tool to display any, or all of my SAS merchants coupons, I have noticed that in order to keep the all the coupons updated, and not display those that have expired, one must first log into SAS, download the x-xxxx.txt pipe delimited file to the Hard-Drive, and then upload the same file to the server before it can be used, but since other than just the option to change the name of the x-xxxx.txt file to something else, since no other modification to that file is needed, I don't see why it can't be just grab by PTP like any of the other regular datafeeds.

Before anyone say that I can get the same feed in .xml format by subscribing to an RSS Reader, I already know about that other option.

But, I already tried some of those third party RSS Readers, I even tested a couple, that in order to use it for just the dealdatabase.xml, it was still requiere to upload a bunch of extra files to another directory on the server, I don't see a reason to upload all that crap, just to show what I can show with just one PHP file.

Also, I think that if all I want is to show the current coupons and deals from my SAS merchants directly on my pages, then why would I want to get it from Yahoo, Outlook, etc?

Anyway!

If (that x-xxxx.txt file can be available by FTP, now or in the future = "good") {
    } else {
    If that x-xxxx.txt file can't be available by FTP for technical, or other reasons, that's ok too, but I would like to know now, so I can start working on a work around tool.
    }

Thanks for any input!

Mr. Sal,

Using a cron job and a php script you can download the file directly to your server and and have it auto update your site every day, ever 12 hours, every hour if you want.

I know I'm not providing the details of this, so the post may not be that helpful, but hope this give you an idea how many keep theirs always updated. Let me see if I can find the thread that tells how.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

7 Days A Week Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    Ron,

I have 8 posts on that thread, that's not what I am looking for.

I already got my datafeeds by FTP and some with cron job too, but the thing I am asking is about the x-xxxx.txt file, that file can't be grabbed by FTP from the same place where the other datafeeds are.

In order to get that file, the only way I see it now, is by login into SAS main page first, and then look for that link, and then download that file and then........

But, thanks for your help.

Ahhhhhhh, I see. Well, that information would be most helpful to everyone if you find it. I was not sure I was on track or not, just thought I'd throw that out just in case.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread