ABW Ambassador
    Hope things are going well for everyone. My question is, what percentage increase do you typically see due to Christmas shopping? Or in other words, how much of a decrease in income do you expect to see when Christmas shopping is over and we get back to a "normal" month?

Also when does Christmas shopping stop?

Just want to be prepared so I dont get too disappointed when it is all over. Presently every day seems like Christmas [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

You're darned right.. stuff is certainly shifting. It's gotta end soon though because of delivery lead times, I guess the week before Christmas will be pretty quiet.

________
    Please leave my port 137 alone.

ABW Ambassador
    But how much extra revenue is generated by this shopping spree? Double a "normal month", more?

Maybe it is difficult to tell with December as we are only part way through.

Maybe an easier questions would be, how much higher your November was to a "normal" month.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

Our orders are through the roof. Almost every day is ridiculous.

The good thing for us is that there is only a tiny lull of about 2 days after Xmas, and then the 'After Xmas' bargain hunting kicks in.

Our 'Up to 50% Clearance on Brand Name Intimates' area usually kicks butt, and then everyone begins buying Valentine's Gifts.

We should be a very strong merchant for each of you all the way through the middle of February.

Double down on your Intimate Apparel pages now, so that the Google god will be kind to you in January and February.

Thanks,
    Michael

Michael
    973-621-6211 x 5040
    michael(at)barenecessities.com

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Doggonit, haven't made a sale yet for ya. Workin' it, though.

"The internet is an audience of one, a million times over." -Peter Guber

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    My sales doubled in november-now. Pretty much all across the board, independants, cj and my own program. Linkshare didn't do a thing for me, though, not one sale. Gotta work on that!

"The internet is an audience of one, a million times over." -Peter Guber

Strangely, although I've had a huge growth in the two sites I run that sell giftware-related stuff, my eBay stats have really taken off.

________
    Please leave my port 137 alone.

ABW Ambassador
    Expect about double for most items, but remember that the month is essentially cut in half with the 15 to the 20th being the ending of the shopping month for the "most" part.

Of course it depends on what you sell, etc. I would expect a 50% increase in the NET sales.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Sales (in dollars) for the period of the 1st-10th are almost double last month's! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] There's also more stuff selling.

The "even rocks would sell at this time of year" effect has kicked in. Stuff that goes nowhere all year has gotten up and started to dance! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] And stuff that usually sells well is selling even better. This includes stuff I never would have thought of as Christmas stuff!

I would expect this to roll until 3 days before Christmas at some merchants, because those particular merchants can ship Express and get a delivery in, even that late. All I have to do is put their last ship date writ large on their pages when I start to see the slowdown, and these express-shippers should pound in sales as desperate people order there just because nobody else can deliver anymore.

There are distinct dropoffs at merchants as they hit their published "last-ship" dates. It's like a faucet going off! But not off completely--there are some people who will order despite having to "give a picture and a promise", so to speak. Plus, certain recipients make it clear that they would rather wait and get what they want, than "settle" for something that happened to show up on time.

As for January, it depends on the product. Certain products will jump up and run marathons, while other items will go back into their caves to hibernate for another year.

It's the most wonderful time of the year! ~From a "Golden Era" Christmas Song

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread