ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Just what I need. Another merchant who converts only a few small sales, and have found myself trying to get to their minimum.
    Now they pull this $100 amount CRAP out of the blue, but won't allow non US to direct deposit. I am so steamed at the stunts some merchants pull on us. And we have no alternative but to put up or shut up

The minimum payment threshold for Direct Deposit payments is only $10.

· Direct Deposit payments are secure and instantaneous--reaching your bank account 3-7 days faster than paper checks.

· Beginning with Q4 '02 payments, the minimum payment threshold for check payment will be increased from $25 to $100.

· Beginning with Q1 '03 payments (sent after March 31, 2003), we will charge an $8 processing fee for all checks sent. There is no charge for Direct Deposit or Amazon.com Gift Certificate payment. The $8 charge does not apply to Associates with billing addresses outside the U.S., because Direct Deposit is not available to them.

Find out more about Direct Deposit, or visit Payment Options to make the switch now. Please note: If you anticipate earning less than $100 this quarter (Q4 '02), you must switch to Direct Deposit or Gift Certificate payment in order to receive your quarterly referral fee earnings.

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.

ABW Ambassador
    Is this Amazon?
    My advie is promote them more. They are my top merchant since they dropped parasites. In fact they rival my total CJ income (which includes about 50 active merchants). Active = 1 or more sales every month.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

ABW Ambassador
    lets see report shows 5 items shipped. Actually 3 sales. So almost 1 a month on average as you state. I have put up more stuff for them. Sales to click through is pathetic. They don't convert well at all. Commission $3.64. My kids can inherit the $100 by time I get there.

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.

ABW Ambassador
    WW
    Sorry to hear this. Don´t know what to say other than go for niche toy markets. That is how I am making my money with Amazon. Currently on 6.5 % interest - won´t reach next level. Amazon are likely to make me as much money this month as CJ made me last month. Cannot compare to this month as CJ are ... lets just say doing well for me...

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

ABW Ambassador
    Toys are where I have added more stuff as late as even a few days ago. Google seems to have really liked my spiderman scooby and clifford pages so I have added even more links from amazon and others on some of the pages. I still don't hold out much hope. The gift certicate isn't an issue because of having to pay duty clearing fees etc for anything coming across the border. Would eat up too much of ther commission.

ABW Ambassador
    I can understand your frustrations as a non-us partner. HOWEVER, this feature has been long coming and is well received by most all US affiliates.

As stated by another, if you are not making at least $100 in a quarter it is probably not a good partnership for either of you...And if this is the case concentrate on another partner that you can rake in some cash!

Ciao

ABW Ambassador
    Will see if I cut my losses and leave money there with them or not.
    However, last time I checked money tranfers were available to send world wide.

WW

ABW Ambassador
    Well as I hit reply I was noticing someone already said this ... if you're not doing $100 in commish in a quarter even... is it worth it?

--
    The Newer Nicer Joseph [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    I'm sorry to hear they did that at the end of a quarter with no warning.

Don't listen to these big shots telling you to get out if you're not making $100 in a quarter. I did not make that much my first quarter either.

But if you decide to leave, maybe you can get the commission in the form of a gift certificate and give it to someone who can use it.

Well for me they convert like a miracle(14:1) and min $100 is good for me as I have to pay silly fees to my bank for checks so bigger better hehe [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] What I'd like to see now is DD for UK accounts but we have to wait for that I guess..
    I suggest you to make a renovation to your site

He who steals a minaret prepares a proper
    cover beforehand, said of someone who intends to do something illegal.

14:1??! Mine is 72:1.. conversion SUCKS at the moment. It feels like something is leaching off the transactions again.. last quarter was fine.

________
    Please leave my port 137 alone.

My conversion is also great with Amazon, 1 item sold per 10.15 clicks. (I cannot see the sales, only items)

While it seems like a not very good affiliate for non-US affiliates, it's convenient and faster for US affiliates as they said: "We're excited to announce a long requested feature".

I'm a non Us affiliate - I can't see what the problem is really - If you are not making $100 it will roll up for the next quarter - you will get paid eventually.

Most non US affiliates are going to get landed with hefty charges for cashing dollar cheques anyway - if amazon keep sending you $25 cheques you will end up losing 50% of your commission in charges!

I'm curious about DD not being available outside the USA - what happens if you are a top affiliate - say earning $100K per quarter - do amazon really post a cheque for 100 grand?

Cheques do get lost in the mail - I should know, I used to be a postman!

I am not fortunate enough to have this problem yet - but I can dream!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I'm curious about DD not being available outside the USA - what happens if you are a top affiliate - say earning $100K per quarter - do amazon really post a cheque for 100 grand?

Cheques do get lost in the mail - I should know, I used to be a postman!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And now we know how you can afford to give away rooms [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Game on!!!!

Popdawg

I'm sure you are only making a friendly joke about missing cheques - at least I hope you are!

Mind you, the lousy money they used to pay us for getting up at 4.00 AM, 6 days a week, it is no wonder that some postmen are tempted!

I'm glad I don't have to work in the 'real' world anymore!

$100 or more is a sensible amount for a check.. it costs me about $8 to process the check myself so that's a big dent out of anything smaller than that.

________
    Please leave my port 137 alone.

Dynamoo.. you are with the wrong bank! I switched to RBS and they charge £7 a deposit however many cheques, cut my costs a lot

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread