Affiliate Marketing - Old Guy Giving It A GO...
    Hello everyone! I am very new to affiliate marketing, infact I haven't even started yet, I am 50+ and wanted to give this a go, I have read many articles on affiliate programs but have never tried, I bought some web site sofware a couple of months ago and just now have gotten enough confidence to try and build a real site. Anyway, I just wanted to ask you experienced affilate gurus what in your opinion is the best items to market., I ask for no trade secrets or any secret info, just honest opinons. You see...I don't know what I am doing so it wouldn't matter if ya did tell me something I wouldn't know what it was. Thankyou for any suggestions you may have, I don't know if I can do this, but I will give it a go.
    Kind Regards to all!
    ARKY
    PS - I have plenty more questions but will ask later if I get a response to this question.

From one old guy to another -- welcome, Arky.

I've been fiddling around at this trying to make affiliate marketing work for a few years now and haven't had much success. So all I can offer would be encouragement. I'm turning 60 in August and I ain't ready to give up yet!

I just went back to a modest little "day job" to bring in a paycheck to cover most of the bills.

But I'm having a lot of fun learning about it all. Also, you'll not find a finer bunch of folks online than the folks here. Most of 'em are willing and able to advise those who show initiative and are trying. Good people all.

I would suggest what many others will, too: use the search function here and read, read, read everything you can on all the forums. Then ask questions. As most folks here also will tell you, there really isn't a "book" or "ebook" out there to teach you how the business works -- mostly because it's always changing.

But keep reading here, working on everything you can try, and ask questions.

Once you get that first sale, you'll understand what a "high" this business can give you!
    Generate more fake news.

I gotta day job too!
    Thanks WriterGuy, I know about the dayjob, 32 years and still going....whew!
    I appericate your response!

Welcome to ABW and the world of Affiliate Marketing!

Sandee
    Sandra Martin
    sandeebottom at hotmail.com

Welcome to the family. I recommend reading through this forum heavily, as you can find information on just about anything you want. If you ever have a specific question, feel free to ask it!
    Chris Sturgill
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals." - H. Simpson

Thanks BeachBDM for the welcome, we'll see about the other!

Belive me I have read and still reading, a bit over whelming, because this person says one thing and that person says another...I think ya just have to pick out bits and pieces, try and put them together and see what ya come up with. So far thats waht I am gathering.

ABW Ambassador
    63.5 here and loving it.
    Read, Read, Read

Arky, gotta love that name, welcome to ABW!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Hey Arky - welcome to ABW. Absolutely, research the archived threads on topics to which you may have questions. You'll get more response and info if members can see that you've taken time to search the ABW version of FAQ before posting questions that may have been asked 20 times already.

At first you may feel overwhelmed. I know I did when I first started in. Now I just feel "whelmed" (that must be a word LOL).

Best of luck with your learning efforts. I look forward to seeing your first site and to hearing about your "ice breaker" 1st sale as an AM.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Talking
    I'm 65.5

You'all are just kids.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I'm 45 and just starting step-parenting. My job is the easy stuff! I got 20 more years before I retire. There is no age on the Internet.

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Welcome to ABestWeb. You've been given some excellent advice here! It can be overwhelming, but so is everything that was once new.

In no time, you will be cruising around here, know who's advice to heed and will have an overwhelming desire to squash anyone who tries to spam.

Be sure to participate, start here for information on new programs before you join up and ask questions if you can't find what you need through the search function. Best of luck to you!
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

Hi Arky, and welcome to ABW!

This forum is packed with so much information, it's very easy to get overwhelmed. Just take your time and read as much as you can. If there is a question you have that you can't find with the search button, just ask.

Hey Arky, welcome aboard.

When I saw the title I knew I'd have to chime in. I turned 60 five months ago. (Hey, BurgerBoy, who's just a kid? )

Advice has been given about reading through ABestWeb and that is, indeed, good advice. My only addition would be to find something in which you have an interest--something that you LOVE. If you are passionate about what you are promoting/developing/selling then the tasks you face will not be called "work" - but will be an exciting challenge.

That was my approach when I started building a couple of niche travel sites back at the turn of the century (always wanted to use that expression). I just (last week) left my Day J*b to do this Internet "thing" for a few years until I begin thinking about retirement.

And, yes, it is possible to earn a good income with Affiliate Marketing.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Arky,

I'm 53, started in my late 40's. You'll find a lot of us here!

Welcome Aboard

Man! I appericate all the good info and advise, and thanks for making me feel welcome.
    I also see affiliate programs with RSS feeds, I have read what those are, now when they talk about uploading this and that to get the feed, I am lost, I can barely get through this website software, but I'm still readin'.....on everything. RSS is over my head, I will startout with a... hmmm, something easy. Well gotta get ready for the day job...Everyone have a good day!

I just thought add my 2cents to the "Old guy" thread.

Wlecome to the forum from a 57 year old "kid".

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread