Which network besides Shareasale?
    Hi,

I have several affiliate accounts and also have 2 merchant accounts with ShraeaSale and I like Shareasale and their services. Now I want to extend one of site's member base and thinking to open a CPA based merchant account on some of the other affiliate networks. The problem is that CJ is out of my budget (also I don't like them as an affiliate) and other networks usually have lots of bad reputation or bad terms. For example I read maxbounty's terms and they are decreasing $50 from your balance every month even if you don't generate any sale. For some this may not sound bad but I accept this as a typical hidden fee, whether low or high I don't care, I don't like hidden fees.

So what is my option? Are there any affiliate networks out there who accepts merchants between $500-$1000 budget? Or is it better just to buy one of shareasale's featured program options to increase my affiliate base?

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Let us know when you join a cpa network so we can avoid you like the plague.

http and a telephoto
    The best thing to do is spend the money on an Outsourced Program Manager to recruit affiliates for you and make recommendations to improve your program. Networks don't recruit affiliates, you are responsible for doing that yourself. No matter what network you are on, you still need to manage your program yourself.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    Let us know when you join a cpa network so we can avoid you like the plague.

Is it you on the photo? Your heart is full of love and you are also very helpful. We need more people like you here.

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    The best thing to do is spend the money on an Outsourced Program Manager to recruit affiliates for you and make recommendations to improve your program. Networks don't recruit affiliates, you are responsible for doing that yourself. No matter what network you are on, you still need to manage your program yourself.
    Loxly, thanks for your kind reply. I know that networks don't recruit affiliates but when you first join to a newtork, they usually make your site featured (they list you under the newest programs) and this is an advantage to get some attention. Also new merchant means new affiliate base besides the ones I have at Shareasale.

Quote Originally Posted by Mybest
    Is it you on the photo? Your heart is full of love and you are also very helpful. We need more people like you here.
    Is it you behind the personal attack on my heart and character? Your brain is full of jello and you won't stay here because you can't stomach tough, realistic answers. We need fewer of your types here, but I personally welcome you to be stupid here, others can learn from it.

Is it you behind the personal attack on my heart and character? Your brain is full of jello and you won't stay here because you can't stomach tough, realistic answers. We need fewer of your types here, but I personally welcome you to be stupid here, others can learn from it.
    "Let us know when you join a cpa network so we can avoid you like the plague" = tough, realistic answers ???

You are also welcome. Just a friendly advice, if you don't have anything to say, don't say anything because people are coming here to get help about their problems and share other people's experiences, not to listen your "tough, realistic answers".

I din't understand why did you post such an unrelated answer to my question. There is no need to be hostile, I am very happy that I am not as aggressive as you I wish you luck, but now let's return to the subject.

The subject was: Are there any other networks similar to shareasale? In short I am looking for:

1- Merchant set-up fee up to $1000 max
    2- No hidden fees.

Thanks in advance...

Hi MyBest,
    Running a program on more than two networks is a high wire act. The problem is that often two affiliates will get credit for a sale (2 cookies from two networks). Then you're in a tough position... Take a hit and pay both full commission (you 'loose") or one or both of the affiliates gets a reduced commission (they "loose"... and then one or both leaves your program... you "loose"). So it's a "you loose", "you loose" situation.

I second what Loxly says... stick with SAS and get an Outsourced Program Manager (ahem) to do lots of recruiting and promotion.

~Bob

Mybest,

Your responding to Donuts' words and not the meaning.

Here you have an affiliate basically telling you that most affiliates will avoid you like the plaque if you spread your tracking across multiple networks and open the program to a chasm of errors and a lack of transparency.

As for your Q, go the OPM route and grow the program with the existing tracking on SAS.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker
    Hi MyBest,
    Running a program on more than two networks is a high wire act. The problem is that often two affiliates will get credit for a sale (2 cookies from two networks). Then you're in a tough position... Take a hit and pay both full commission (you 'loose") or one or both of the affiliates gets a reduced commission (they "loose"... and then one or both leaves your program... you "loose"). So it's a "you loose", "you loose" situation.

I second what Loxly says... stick with SAS and get an Outsourced Program Manager (ahem) to do lots of recruiting and promotion.

~Bob

Rainmaker, thanks for the information. I never think about the cookie problem. If everyone says the same think, this must be something serious. I will stick with SAS and try to recruit new affiliates.
    Last edited by Mybest; June 21st, 2007 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    Mybest,

Your responding to Donuts' words and not the meaning.

Here you have an affiliate basically telling you that most affiliates will avoid you like the plaque if you spread your tracking across multiple networks and open the program to a chasm of errors and a lack of transparency.

As for your Q, go the OPM route and grow the program with the existing tracking on SAS.

Haiko, so you mean that I misunderstood Donuts' words. Yes it is possible because English is not my primary language. But he used the word "plaque" which doesn't have a good meaning in the dictionary.

I assume that this is completely my fault (and my limited English) and I apologize from Donuts.

Thanks for the replies. First, I will open a new topic at SAS' forum and ask other merchants if they have any experience about SAS' featured programs. Than will decide what to do...

By the way, does this cookie problem still occurs if you select a network who uses directrack for tracking the leads? It seems to me that their system is a little bit different that the others.

No need for apologies, but Haiko is right about what I meant. Adding a CPA network would likely move you backwards from where you are. Instead, since you're just at SAS, apply for Exclusive SAS Merchant status there - it's something I certainly look for in merchants.

And the OPM idea is absolutely a good idea. If small language issues, time zone management, experience in general and affiliate recruiting are things that concern you, a decent OPM will solve all of those. In addition, their reputation and relationships and presence here (pick an OPM found on ABW!!!) lend a lot of power to your program. It's a shameful thing, but the typical CPA network will say they offer these very same things to you - but you'll get something esle. SAS has a great handle on affiliate cleanliness, through policies and enforcement, add a parallel CPA network and that is completely negated.

Good luck to you!

Forums of the Outsourced Program Managers (OPM) at ABW:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=332

By the way, does this cookie problem still occurs if you select a network who uses directrack for tracking the leads?
    Yes. Every system/network sets it own cookie (and can't read other's). Realistically, the only way to avoid duplicate commissions, and bad feelings, is to stay with one network.

~Bob

Joke's on me...

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=91155

shortly after his posts above, he's posting about his signup with a cpa network and it being a joke...

Warning to OPMs... caveat emptor.

Looks like I'm done here.

Good luck anyhow.

http and a telephoto
    Agreed Donuts...
    Deborah Carney

Joke's on me...

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=91155

shortly after his posts above, he's posting about his signup with a cpa network and it being a joke...

Warning to OPMs... caveat emptor.

Looks like I'm done here.

Good luck anyhow.

You are doing the same thing again...

I applied to that program as an affiliate. What is the connection of that post with this one? In this post, I am asking about merchant accounts. The other post is related with cyberbounthy's affliate program NOT merchant program...

Agreed Donuts...
    There is nothing to agree as he misunderstood the other post... In the other post, I am asking if anyone has any experience about Cyberbounty's veritag image which is given to affliates when you apply to their program. This topic is about merchant accounts.

Whether you're in as a merchant or affiliate, makes no difference to me. If you agree that joining a CPA network as a merchant is unhealthy and unwise, why in the world would you be interested in being their affiliate?

You are doing the same thing again...
    So are you.

At least we're both consistent. :-)

http and a telephoto
    You did not make it clear that you applied as an affiliate at the network. It seemed to tie into these posts. You may want to be clear if you are a merchant or an affiliate and what direction you plan to take.
    Deborah Carney

Whether you're in as a merchant or affiliate, makes no difference to me. If you agree that joining a CPA network as a merchant is unhealthy and unwise, why in the world would you be interested in being their affiliate?

Because you don't have to open a merchant account on every affiliate network which you are an affiliate.

Most sites have more than one affiliate account. You can be an affiliate of CJ and Sharesale at the same time, right?

But being a merchant is different. That's why, at first, I asked if it is a good idea or not to have more than one merchant account.

Opening afiliate accounts doesn't require any investment. So I always search for new affiliate networks and try them. What is so bad about this?

The problem with Cyberbounty is that they required me to place an image on my site. This is the first time I saw such a think so I came to this "Affiliate Marketing Forum" to ask if other members have any experience about this so called "veritag" image. I don't know yet if they are "unhealthy and unwise" but I am trying to collect some information if you give permission

You did not make it clear that you applied as an affiliate at the network. It seemed to tie into these posts. You may want to be clear if you are a merchant or an affiliate and what direction you plan to take.

Loxly, sorry for that if the other post is not clear. I can not edit it as the "edit" button is not available anymore.

The veritag is something given only to "affiliates" to verify their traffic (this is what they claim) so I thought that should be enough. But as I see, lots of people also don't know anything about this veritag thing.

http and a telephoto
    They are unhealthy and unwise, do a search on CPA networks. Also, any site that wants to place a pixel on an affiliate site I would run FAR away from. They don't need to be datamining from affiliates.
    Deborah Carney

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread