ABW Ambassador
    Hotels.com
    I'm not a Hotels.com affiliate, but I noticed that their 7 day EPC is $0.00 and when viewing their 30 day trend, there is no activity since 6/8 or prior to 6/6; i.e. for the past 30 days, there is only activity for 3 days. If you are a Hotels.com affiliate, do you have any commissions reported for any day this month besides 6/6, 6/7 or 6/8?

ABW Ambassador
    I think Hotels.com does not report until a booking is consumed which could be 6 months down the road often.

I used to like Hotels.com PL platform IAN.com. Perhaps IAN is still good, but many IAN affiliates are banned by Google and other major SEs for last 3 / 4 years

ABW Ambassador
    You're correct that affiliates are not paid until after the stay is consumed. Now could you please answer my question?

I just returned from Vegas (and naturally booked it through Hotels.com) how long does it take to post AFTER the stay is done?

ABW Ambassador
    Since I didn't get an answer to my question, I emailed the AM and asked. She responded that they only report commissions once per month. Well, the 7 day EPC (30 day trend) indicates commissions were reported over a 3 day period (as indicated in my first post). If this month is typical, then the commission for your stay will probably be reported around the end of the first week in July which means the earliest you'll be paid is 8/20.

I'm curious as to why you said you "naturally booked it through Hotels.com." Did you compare their rate for your hotel to the hotel's own website rate? Hotels.com (and Expedia which is the same company) is usually higher than booking directly through the hotel. Not always, but usually.

wanting to use my "own link" for the sake of just doing business with my own affiliates,
    I actually paid a little more than going direct, and could have saved 75 dollars
    for the 2 nights I was there. (commision probably not near that much)
    Stayed at the Hilton
    BTW...FWIW...
    It was kind of a break even weekend anyway.....

but you know the saying..."what happens in vegas ...etc"
    ===================
    thanks for the quick reply!!!

ABW Ambassador
    What happens in Vegas depends on what conventions are there at the time.
    I seen rates at the Venetian vary as much as $400 from day to day.

Hotels.com posted on the first!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HARTSIGN
    Hotels.com posted on the first!!!!
    Now on the 3rd,
    I don't understand why the commision was reversed???

ABW Ambassador
    Email Michelle Sullivan at msullivan@hotels.com and ask her, but I wouldn't tell her that it is your personal stay and unless she says the stay wasn't used. Did you have any other stays report on 7/1, and if so, were they also reversed?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    email Michelle Sullivan at msullivan@hotels.com and ask her, but I wouldn't tell her that it is your personal stay and unless she says the stay wasn't used. Did you have any other stays report on 7/1, and if so, were they also reversed?
    no other stays, shouldn't makes a difference who did the stay
    maybe because I posted it on this forum....

It is not alot of money, its just the principle....

There must be a reporting issue. all of our June transactions posted on July 2, then were reversed, and today, they are back in. Check your reports later today, you may see it back in.

Quote Originally Posted by skishore2006
    There must be a reporting issue. all of our June transactions posted on July 2, then were reversed, and today, they are back in. Check your reports later today, you may see it back in.
    WOW, that would be great, lets see how it all shakes out...thanks for the update!!! ..you too Snowman!!!

ABW Ambassador
    The reason I said not to tell her it's yours is to see if she tells you the reservation wasn't consumed. If she did that, then you'd know that wasn't true and only then would you tell her you know that it was consumed because it was your stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    The reason I said not to tell her it's yours is to see if she tells you the reservation wasn't consumed. If she did that, then you'd know that wasn't true and only then would you tell her you know that it was consumed because it was your stay.

that makes sense.......

Quote Originally Posted by skishore2006
    mine never came back in.......

I can't believe Hotels.com reversed a commission without any explanation
    I guess I have to go & pull their links now, if I can't get paid a measly 15 dollar commission I guess I shouldn't promote them...

ABW Ambassador
    Did you email the AM and ask why the commission was reversed?

No, I should have received an email from them when someone decided to reverse it.
    I saw it come up, after waiting 3 weeks for it to track properly, and then POOF, gone

I don't want to waste more time on this, thanks Snowman for your concern...

ABW Ambassador
    Merchants do not email the affiliate when they reverse individual sales.

Quote Originally Posted by HARTSIGN
    I saw it come up, after waiting 3 weeks for it to track properly, and then POOF, gone
    Sorry for digging up this old thread, but I have just spend a few days building links around IAN and then found this possible fraud (again).

HARTSIGN, what happened to your commission in the meantime?
    Does anyone else have similar experiences?

Quote Originally Posted by options
    Sorry for digging up this old thread, but I have just spend a few days building links around IAN and then found this possible fraud (again)...
    I can understand your concern. I have had nothing but a good experience with the IAN program from Hotels.com for quite a while. I seem to do well with their private label implementation.

I had never tried the Hotels.com program through CJ, but not because I don't trust Hotels.com.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Thanks Beachy for the calming words.
    After spending some money I have received several bookings (just to cover the costs ) and I think the worst thing that could happen to anyone sending customers - is a fraudulent merchant.
    We must eliminate them ALL.

If you are getting several bookings at this time of year you will be happy when the middle of January rolls around. In the hospitality industry, the period from mid-October to late-December is typically the slowest time of year. Things pick up by mid to late January and get progressively better throughout the spring.

BTW - and coincidently, I had a nice (3 nights at a Clarion) booking through IAN while I was typing my last reply AND a small (2 nights at a Red Roof) booking through another company at the exact same time. Strange things sometime happen...
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread