Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I finally convenced Sal Herman the Pres. of Holdup Suspender Company to re-open his patented suspenders to a select group of affiliates. For 2 years at CJ (prior to EPC) his www.suspenders.com site averaged 1 sale per every 15 clicks from affiliate links. He closed the program because he couldn't recruit quality affiliates when buried amongst all the 1800 merchants. He got 1 sale per 25 clicks from SE traffic without the overhead.

I just completed, and tested last week, a very unique way to track sales with a in-house program. All the coding for placing the link cookie and tracking sales starts right from the secure shopping cart program. This completely thwarts all the parasite hijackers and even defeats the AdBlockers from interferring with the affiliate banner and text links. All orders are immediately confirmed to the affiliate via secure e-mail right from the checkout confirmation page.

Sal doesn't want a mass of non-producing affiliates but feels after reading the posts here to allow all ABW members. He will use the service to also invite content and merchant sites geared to suspender wearers like seniors sites and such... No e-mail campaign spamming will be tolerated, but opt-in lists work just fine with the linking code. Starting payouts are 10% of total sales with a $25.00 minimum ..paid monthly from his payroll department. Top producers can call Sal at 1-800-700-4515 ext 20 after they show some sales to negotiate a better commission rate.

PPC keyword bidding has been OK'd as long as affiliates stay away from Overture to protect his yahoo listing..big deal! Hell ..I sell from 15-30 orders a month from my low traffic Cybermall on some promo links as his retainer webmaster.

Take a close look at the program and signup ..link: http://www.suspenders.com/affiliate.htm I will work on full and half page storefront displays like TigerDirect does for the ABW crowd. You can use the code on multiple web sites and easlity create your own landing pages. Feel free to copy the product images (imbedded with your affiliate tracking link) and pre-sell text from his site.

WebMaster Mike

Someone PM'd me as to their reversal percentages. Must be that time of the month at CJ.

They have less than a 1% reversal rate on sales for the last 4 years. This is due to a CC fraud trap at the shopping cart from their merchant account provider. The buyers love the products and the phone staff there treat them with kid gloves on order mistakes (wrong Color,model or clip finish) and ship exchange/replacement free of charge. No one has ever requested to use the lifetime warranty, due to a broken clip or badly constructed suspender. They are the best made suspenders you can buy at these prices. Most are made in the Far East with cheap clips that break or won't hold after a few uses.

Holdup Suspenders is a small family run Company with great service that used the web to grow from 72 Men's shops carrying their brand to over 1600 in 48 states over the last 2 years. http://www.suspenders.com/directory.htm for retailer listings. Those store owners have to sell quality and re-order on a regular basis. All materials used a USA made and come in many styles 1"-2" wide in patterns and solid colors.

WebMaster Mike

Affiliate sales are already showing up. Get your applications in as this niche' product does convert, even on limited traffic sites.

WebMaster Mike

Thanks Mike. I signed up but there are certain fields I could not fill because I live in Canada,hope it works.
    Gerry

Where Do You Want To Be Tomorrow?

I got your applicaton Gerry and forward you the affiliate ID and instructions. You should e-mail me your complete mailing address since it only showed the City.

WebMaster Mike

Some ABW members with overseas traffic have asked about Holdup Suspenders restriction to shipping to USA destinations only within their shopping cart. They originally shipped worldwide, but got hit by a lot of CC fraud attemps or complaints that the actual cost freight bill was too high.

I Talked to their President today and he confirmed they do process and ship a lot of orders Overseas and to Mexico,Canada and military APO boxes if the customer sends them a e-mail request. He has agreed to open up the shopping cart to accept orders and calculate the shipping costs into Europe, So. America and other countries like Japan -Australia -Britain etc. Only restrictions will be those blacklisted due to frequent stolen CC numbers like Malasia, the Balkins and Nigeria etc. etc. They only charge the actual freight bill on these type orders to keep the costs to consumers down.

WebMaster Mike

Want an affiliate program that is parasite free with a 20/1 click to sales conversion ratio? Try Holdup Suspenders. Their custom affiliate linking code cannot be hijacked and affiliate IDs swapped in transit by the likes of Whenu/ShopNow, Kazaa or Morpheus. They offer no coupons or special offers to feed any Duperaffiliates and do not allow in any opt-out e-mail marketers who have the potential to send out UCE spam.

No dilution -no parasites -no competitor products -no diversion tactics -no payment delays= a winner.

WebMaster Mike

Hi Mike,
    I'M ALSO FROM CANADA.(Nanaimo, B.C.)
    I hope I will be approved for the affiliate program.
    I was very pleased with what I saw at this site.
    I know just in my west coast area of CANADA alone there would be a huge potential for this product!

Ed Lachance

http://www.planetgoldilocks.com
    WHERE EVERYONE IS A WINNER

Goldy;
    I'll probably get forwarded your application tomorrow to send you your coding instructions and welcome letter. Your right all those Paul Bunyan types in Canada love to dress up in suspenders. Holdup has a huge customer base in Alaska too. Surprisingly some are girl bikers & Skiers or those women who like the unique look the suspenders give them. They get real upset if us guys say their just for men.

WebMaster Mike

Mike. If this program is successful it could be the way honest merchants will have to go to avoid scumware. Did you receive my email?

Where Do You Want To Be Tomorrow?

You guys are both on board the Holdup Suspenders program. Look for the linking instructions in your e-mail box. It took me a few trips to Raleigh NC to get the shopping cart hosting company to integrate the simple affiliate tracking code and destination page into their program. Smart ex-IBMers run the whole show. The e-mail notice of all sales negates the need for test purchases as some smart affiliates just order a pair for themselves or friends.

WebMaster Mike

[This message was edited by EcomCity.com on September 23, 2002 at 09:38 AM.]

Do they also make fishing wader suspenders?

"Then join hand in hand brave Americans all! By uniting we stand, by dividing we fall." - John Dickinson, 1768

Jim
    JAREC & Associates
    U.S. Sportfishing News

"Do they also make fishing wader suspenders?"

Several of the Coverall type wader manufacturers have asked Holdup to wholesale them their no-slip- clips for use in their waders. Nothing in the world comes close to their holding power for a clip-on clasp. Right now the company hasn't done this fearful that mfgr. will resell the patented clips to other suspender manufacturers. They have many ID badge manufacturers seeking the clips for that use too.

The Hip waders and also all brands of hunting & skiing pants work best with their Jumbo clip line of 2" wide suspenders. www.suspenders.com/jumbo.htm

WebMaster Mike

Looking for a high conversion niche' merchant who is 100% parasite and Duperaffiliate free? Join Holdup Suspenders affiliate program where their is no competition targeting your traffic.

WebMaster Mike

Well Holdup Suspenders has done it again. New Patent for their Double-UPs suspenders. They now have in stock the traditional "button down" suspenders preferred by lawyers and businessmen. These have the no slip-clips and eliminate having to sew on suspender buttons on all your pants. These will be great sellers since no one else in the world can make them. www.suspenders.com/doubleups.htm ..just completed the pages. Signup for this program that converts better than any other your can join.

WebMaster Mike

Okay Mike, you have my attention now. I'll get onboard and promote them. We should be able to do some numbers here.

Thanks for the information. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

"Then join hand in hand brave Americans all! By uniting we stand, by dividing we fall." - John Dickinson, 1768

Jim
    JAREC & Associates
    U.S. Sportfishing News

You'll do great with the program Jarac. For your own curiosity take a look at the small database application I made for them showing their retailer outlets. They had 72 when I advised them to use the net to get more men's shops. They jumped to 800. They they added the Outdoorsman -contractor and other 2" wide suspenders to appeal to skiers -bikers -hunters and the big man. They opened up sporting goods & hardware stores to their line and now have 1800+ resellers.

try your state www.suspenders.com/directory.htm and you'll see this merchant is a no brainer. If you don't believe me ask Todd at CJ what their average conversion rate was over the 2 years there without the 50 new products. It was 1 sale per every 15 clicks from affiliate banners.

Merchants lurking here will never be able to duplicate this. They are to tricky to not try and divert 80% of those sales.

WebMaster Mike

Mike,

I submitted my app, so I'll wait to hear from you. This sounds good...especially with the wider sku's.

Jim

<font="Comic Sans MS" size="2" color="000080"><i>"Where a conversion is no accident, it's a miracle."</i>

Jim
    JAREC & Associates
    <b><a href="http://www.ussfn.com">U.S. Sportfishing News</a></b></font>

Jaric I approved your app. and several others. You can easily link to any page on the website and use the images there too if you think that would encourage clicks. Sample to place into your affiliate HTML code to land on the general 2" wide hunting suspenders would be to add the landing page to the URL code string...

The string u=www.suspenders.com& would be change to www.suspenders.com/outdoorsman.htm with no spaces added between the URL identifyer u=www.suspenders.com/landingpage&

The cookie attached to your link is set at the secure shopping cart server before the shopper lands on the page and applies to any product sale and is locked for 7 days.

WebMaster Mike

ABW Ambassador
    Just curious Mike...are you the affiliate manager for suspenders.com ?

-wayne

Hep ..I wear that hat and the webmaster title too. Sal or Judee Herman cut the checks.

WebMaster Mike

ABW Ambassador
    Mike
    I know you say you send an email when a sale is made, but is there any way to to see if anyone has clicked through and not purchased? It would be helpful in knowing this info so the page could be tweaked if results are poor. Do you plan on adding a stats page of some kind?
    Cazzie

We're looking into a Server stats program for initially monitoring and reporting the clickstream and let the affiliates log-in and view their own referring URL stats. The shopping cart people are also looking at a simple report to show referral clicks and redirects which is offloaded outside their secure NOP center servers. No one but an authorized verified cart licencee is allowed to log-in due to the exteme number of CC accounts stored there.

I'm trying to convience them their cart/e-catalog customers would want to pay a small fee for affiliate enabling their carts. There is no way for the merchant to disable sending the affiliate their copy of a booked approved sale as that is a real time function. They verify all CC charges and usually never get more than 2% declines. Only bad CC charges came from Overseas traffic trying to buy 200 suspenders on a stolen card.

WebMaster Mike

Mike,

We're up and running here at USSFN. Thanks for the quick response. I like the idea, in theory at least, or receiving credit for phone orders.

I agree with Cazzie in that having that information available would be very helpful. It would also be better if the 2x4 tab included the text "Outdoorsman Series" somehow or at least give mention to the series somewhere other than the very bottom of the page.

"Where a conversion is no accident, it's a miracle."

Jim
    JAREC & Associates
    U.S. Sportfishing News

[This message was edited by jarec on October 18, 2002 at 08:16 PM.]

Wayne I'm both the AM and site designer. Sal Herman or wife Judie cuts all the checks.

Interesting newsflash in Yahoo Biz posting...

Brace Yourself With an Innovative New Fashion Statement From the Hold-Up Suspender Company
    Monday November 18, 10:01 am ET

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/021118/dem012_1.html

WebMaster Mike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast