I don't even know where to put this, because I don't know what's wrong.
    I recently upgraded to WinXP. Everything was working fine for a week, then all of a sudden, I can't reach LS or CJ. BeFree works fine. I can't reach the sites to log in, except through back doors, and graphics hosted on LS and CJ servers are not showing up....and not just on my site, wherever I surf. When I click on the blank graphic, or even the site URL I get a blank page. (The page cannot be displayed)
    Initially I thought it must be some parasite. I ran Ad-Aware, and found the usual crap there....Gator, fastclick, etc...nothing new or unusual. I combed my registry and found some some references to Wurld Shopping, and deleted all instances according to the instructions here in the Parasiteware forum.
    Then I thought it must be some funky XP security update, but I can't figure out if it is or not.
    I have changed my browser security settings every which way, changed browser settings every which way, and no go.
    Anyone have any ideas? I run Ad-Aware a couple of times a day. I am at my wits end.
    Even more worrisome, is if this is happening to me, what about other people, ie potential purchasers.
    I really need to get to the root of this, for myself but also to determine if this whatever it is could affect others.
    (FYI - I can see everything on my site and elsewhere just fine on other computers - and reach LS and CJ, just not on my computer)

Thanks for any and all help

Have you downloaded Kazaa or KazaaLite? That may be the problem...

ABW Ambassador
    Listen to sambay, sounds like your hosts file has been mucked up. Kazaa lite has been known to do this.

IamJaloppy

Yep, thanks --- found it, Kazaalite [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread