Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    http://froogle.google.com/froogle

Still not shown in the main google page ....but will be soon...I am soooo shocked ...

$> cd /pub
    $> more beer

They are all affiliate stores. Does Google really expect affiliates to spend money on googleads when this competition pops up?

Time for a new battle.

The greedy get greedier.

okay I'm a little freaked out.....

first, its a great search engine for bargains

second - will I be losing my Google traffic?

Maria at ItsRainingBargains.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Froogle does not allow merchants to purchase space within the results on the left-hand side of the page <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Yet ... but ok good
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> If you sell services or custom products that do not have fixed prices, use your website only to promote an offline business, or are an affiliate marketing site, your site content may be crawled by and included in Google's web search, but it will not be included in Froogle. Nor will Froogle accept a data feed under these conditions. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Not so good.
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> If you are a Google AdWords advertiser and have requested that Google distribute your ads to our partner sites, they will automatically appear on Froogle. There's currently no way to have your ads appear only on Froogle and not our partner sites or Google.com. Google Premium Sponsorship ads do not appear on Froogle <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    good I guess
    This should be interesting.

Game on!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gearshopper:
    It looks like affiliate stores intermingled with their crawl of stores.

Notice the tracking on this link?

http://froogle.google.com/froogle_ur...DF:1170216:FOG

Does Google really expect affiliates to spend money on googleads when this competition pops up?

Time for a new battle.

The greedy get greedier.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hehe, this ain't good... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

"All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then Success is sure."
    - M. Twain

I have a feeling some of us are going to take a serious hit here....

"Google crawls billions of webpages every month, so you'll likely be included automatically in Froogle's index of sites."

So how do we trick googlebot into thinking we sell these products [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

The application is really good for a beta ...

Think it will improve drastically once more merchants begin to provide datafeed...

I think the most hit will be the electronics affiliates ...

$&gt; cd /pub
    $&gt; more beer

It's called "Froogle" but I just did a search on "down comforters" and nothing that came up on the first page was on sale! In fact one listing was for a comforter from Martha Stewart for $298! If they are just listing products, its really no different I guess than Yahoo shopping.

Maria , this is just a beta ...

I bet most of the main merchants will contact google for supplying datafeed before this weekend...

If google have their hands in a datafeed then the search will be more and more accurate and with more price choices

$&gt; cd /pub
    $&gt; more beer

I did a search for one of the books that I promote from Amazon. The first link to that book was for an obvious (apparently not to Google though) affiliate site. The buy button pointed to a page on the affiliate site that redirected to Amazon. Might be a way to get listed. It doesn’t look to me that Google is trying to become the next super affiliate as they crawl these sites and include them free for now, but it does look like a definite attempt to screw affiliates. Who knows, maybe when Google runs all affiliates out of business, then they’ll start inserting their affiliate code in results.

Jason
    “That’s the song I’ve been sangin for years, that’s the way the wild wind blows” – Robert Earl Keen

One of the more active affiliates on this board has a affiliate site listed [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Taking a quick look, this looks scary once/if it catches on. The parasite issue pales in what this may mean to affiliate marketing as it is right now.
    WW

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.

I really wish I didn't see this tonight because now I'm not going to be able to sleep! Any voices of reason out there? Are we all doomed? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

I don't post here a lot any more for a number of reasons, but this one may need a lot of attention on everyone's part.

For the past hour I've been going through Froogle basically seeing the last year's worth of work pissed out the window. At least I had enough presence of mind to continually update my resume over the past year, so that won't be a big problem. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I think a lot of us are going to find that our business will suffer a heavy, heavy blow when this Froogle thing goes active.

Time to start thinking outside of the box again.

CodeJockey.

I've always tried to concentrate more on my newsletter and subscribers than on my site. I did not want to depend on search engine traffic for my sales, and it looks as though that strategy may pay off for me. Froogle can't take my subscribers from me who enjoy my newsletter.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    I think a lot of us are going to find that our business will suffer a heavy, heavy blow when this Froogle thing goes active.

Time to start thinking outside of the box again.

CodeJockey.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Time to think about starting our own stores ...hey think positive ...this froogle gives a level playing field for all merchants regardless of the size ...

$&gt; cd /pub
    $&gt; more beer

Actually a lot of the items I saw were not from affiliates but actual merchants like the Yahoo stores and many others. This is gonna be really ugly!!!

My fear is that they will start including some of the items into their main search listings.

How is this different from Yahoo shopping? That has existed for years and we are all still here...

ABW Ambassador
    go to http://www.webmastworld.com under Google News, a thread started about this, someone asking GoogleGuy what exactly is the deal. Someone said the affiliate links are not Google, so far.

Sales are everywhere, Sales are mine.

Thats were i find this news and posted it in abw TrustNo1

$&gt; cd /pub
    $&gt; more beer

ABW Ambassador
    GoogleGuy said
    They don't add any affiliate links. That they are not doing that. That they don't charge any fees, or give any preferential treatment in search results.

Time will tell.

Sales are everywhere, Sales are mine.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> How is this different from Yahoo shopping? That has existed for years and we are all still here <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is true.

I think that the ones who will NOT benefit from this move are those of us who use product codes on their sites. Comparison shopping sites such as for books, cds, clothing etc., may find that their traffic may dwindle somewhat, especially from Google.

From my point of view, the main differences between Google search results and Froogle search results is that the Froogle results only show the sites that actually sell the item you're looking for, or give prominence to in the search results. The Google results could have affiliate links in the results... sites that refer you to sites that actually sell the item in addition to to the sites that actually sell the item.

The Froogle site clearly says 'beta' which probably means that it won't be long before they stream the two results together.

I'm guessing at that point, a lot of us may be practicing "Want fries with that?"

CodeJockey.

ABW Ambassador
    If you are worried about this as a potential lethal bullet to your income, then you are too dependent on spamming Google anyways.

There is no way they can do a comprehensive shopping site as useful or appealing to consumers as an average affiliate can without devoting millions upon millions of man hours. Google's whole m.o. is to do things automatically with spidering and other technology which is good for a search engine dealing with billions of web pages, but totally lacking when it comes to what an average marketer can do.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast