What's the biggest PR increase you have ever seen?
    I am asking because I ran a few PR predictors and saw my new site is going to go from a 0 to 5.

Was wondering what the biggest PR jump everyone else has seen.

I do know that PR Predictors are wrong often but I hope it holds true.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    i have done some testing and it went from a 0 to 4 in 2.5 months for a new site.
    congrtz on PR 5..

Well I don't have a 5 yet still a 0 but the predictor sites I have used are giving me a prediction of a 5.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    well, i will take my congratz back

i am not sure how accurate these predictor sites are as PR is determined by lots of factors from back links to content.

Personally, I have not been able to push my test site over PR 5. What is the URL for those predictor sites?

I've done 0 to 5 several times, but considering my original site is a PR6 that was fairly easy. I don't give PR much credit though because I've had PR5 sites that don't rank worth a squat. The relevance of the PR seems to be much more of a factor now. Also something that's become really important is the frequency of your URL in blog posts. You can have a PR5 that never gets mentioned in blogs that won't rank at all, or you can have a PR2 that gets a ton of blog attention that ranks extremely well.

Anyway, as a sidenote I recently removed a PR6 link to one of my sites that wasn't ranking at all. Then about 2-3 weeks later the site started getting some SERP love, go figure...

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I never thought I'd say this, but...what Snib said.
    The SEs are crazy.

Although *this* is sure weird:
    Anyway, as a sidenote I recently removed a PR6 link to one of my sites that wasn't ranking at all. Then about 2-3 weeks later the site started getting some SERP love, go figure...
    I always thought that even if the linker was penalized (it's possible for a site to have PR6 and be penalized and/or filtered), the linkee wouldn't be affected. But that sounds like the link was working against you! I wonder what made it a problem?

As for what my biggest PR increase was, I think it was from 0-4. But it's been so long since some of my sites first got their PR that I don't remember their debuting scores.

ABW Ambassador
    Probably has nothing to do with that.

"Anyway, as a sidenote I recently removed a PR6 link to one of my sites that wasn't ranking at all. Then about 2-3 weeks later the site started getting some SERP love, go figure..."

Getting a link from a PR6 page is good. I don't see how it possibly can affect you in a negative way.

As far as the original questin. 0-5 is real good. My last new site and others usually start at a 4. There are probably some that start at a 6 here and there and maybe some more but those are usually some major web properties type stuff or something that has had some major coverage with lots of good links in.

Sometimes I'll generate a PR5 simply by publishing a press release on PRWeb.

The pickup is generally decent even for a low interest piece, plus you are guaranteed links on a couple authority sites, e.g. Yahoo News.

Quote Originally Posted by HardwareGeek
    That site is helpful. Thanks for the link.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    I keep getting "unsufficient backlinks" for sites with that tool (they say minimum 100), even ones that have over 1K links, and others that are PR5 on the homepage and PR4 on the interior pages, one PR5 on all of the pages of the site (it's actually close to a PR6).

There was a time when a brand new site starting out with PR0 could go right up to PR4 on the homepage within the month, with only one single link from a PR5 page. That's the biggest jump I've seen from only one IBL.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread