Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Angry What's With Walter Drake Deactivation?
    Walter Drake has been deactivated since Friday. They are listed as "Advertiser Expired".

Anyone know what is up with them? (wdrake dot com is still online)

Their parent, Miles Kimble, gave several weeks notice that Miles Kimble, Walter Drake, and the Home Marketplace were closing their programs at Performics, but there was no notice that I ever saw about their programs at CJ, and Kimble and the Home Marketplace are still active at CJ.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Those four programs are moving to Linkshare. There was no overlap, which is disappointing. But i see them in the join programs section at Linkshare, so off to apply and swap links.

Exposures moved as well.

Quote Originally Posted by skishore2006
    Those four programs are moving to Linkshare. There was no overlap, which is disappointing. But i see them in the join programs section at Linkshare, so off to apply and swap links.
    Thanks for the info. I just took a look there, and WDrake and the Home Marketplace, which have always paid 15% commissions through their CJ and Performics programs, are now listed at 10% for LS - a 33% drop!
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

ABW Ambassador
    If you were with them at CJ, drop the AM a note and see if they'll grandfather you in at the former percentage.

Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    If you were with them at CJ, drop the AM a note and see if they'll grandfather you in at the former percentage.
    Thanks for the idea.

I also noticed that Miles Kimble (never an affiliate of mine) lowered their commission from 7.5% to 6%.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I just checked - Walter Drake is already in my Linkshare account (I never applied/didn't even know they moved until I read this)...

but it's pre-programmed with a private offer (which of course we're not allowed to say), but it's comparable to what they had in CJ

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    I just checked - Walter Drake is already in my Linkshare account (I never applied/didn't even know they moved until I read this)...

but it's pre-programmed with a private offer (which of course we're not allowed to say), but it's comparable to what they had in CJ
    Just checked and I've got the same thing from WDrake. Still all this work to do, but at least ......

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Knowing the the parent company bites...

I wonder if the private offers - which are actually called something like "swapping cj links to ls offer"

is a ploy to get us to swap all our links...

when we're done with all that work... they drop us back down to baseline

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    Knowing the the parent company bites...

I wonder if the private offers - which are actually called something like "swapping cj links to ls offer"

is a ploy to get us to swap all our links...

when we're done with all that work... they drop us back down to baseline

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    I was thinking the same thing and would be really surprised if they didn't - in about 60 days or so.

I just checked, and I'm pre-programmed in LS too for Walter Drake. But, The Home Marketplace is still working at CJ, and available for application at LS. What gives with that? My CJ links are working for HMP, and I just swapped the links for Walter Drake to LS. What gives with HMP? Are the CJ links still good?

I think they are allowing an overlap for affiliates to move links from CJ to LS, instead of having the merchant go dead for a while. You should apply to the program in LS, and swap out links.

When i checked my LS account, Walter Drake was already in, and with the same commission that we had with Perfomics. I emailed the AM at Linkshare, and got the same commission for The Home Marketplace that we had previously.

and i already had a miles kimball order post in LS.

I was automatically in for Walter Drake too. However, not for The Home Marketplace. So, early this morning I applied. I received a canned reply that my site was rejected. And it came from contact-at-ls, not from anybody at HMP.

How do I contact the AM? I responded to the canned email, but I have a feeling it is going to get ignored.

Color me impressed. I wrote to the email address for the AM for Walter Drake listed at LS, forwarding the rejection notice I received from LS's system. I received a very nice reply and everything has been straightened out.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread