Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    Yahoo PPC conversions are not happening
    Over the last couple weeks I finally got Yahoo tracking information enabled. Now that I can track it, I see that I'm not getting any conversions. Not good. Clicks from my keyword combos appear to be good and relevant (the Yahoo tracking code shows the actual queries), clickthrough rate from ads to my merchants for my non-DirectToMerchant campaigns seems decent, but no one is buying anything.

Bear in mind I'm still on a "test run" with Yahoo so I only spend a max of about $15/day so far (average about $10), and therefore not a high volume of clicks. But it's spread out over several products/merchants, and enough clicks that I should be getting sales after several weeks of clicks. I have Content turned off account-wide and I also have Advanced Match turned off so I have better control of the exact kwds my ads show on.

Is anyone actually making real sales from "Panama" (Yahoo Sponsored Search)? Specifically affiliates, as perhaps merchants have a better time of it.

ABW Ambassador
    I just started again a few days ago. Let it run dry back in December. Spending about what you are, starting real slow. Picked about 4 of my best converting ads from Adwords so should know this week how the conversions are.

Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    Thanks Trust... let us know how you do!

ABW Ambassador
    I think Donuts does quite a bit with Yahoo and should be some others that can provide better input. Will post back later this week, see if anything works for me.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    It's a mixed bag. My conversions there for affiliate sites are pretty good--for some campaigns. For other campaigns, the results have been lousy (and sometimes costly).

The key seems to be to watch very carefully until the pattern is established, and turn off the campaigns that don't work. Yahoo does have an uncanny ability to draw dud clicks, so there can be campaigns that bring lots of traffic and no conversions.

One of the things to watch for, in all cases, is that the traffic they send isn't coming in off some irrelevant terms their algo dreamed up in broad-match mode. But, with guidance, broad match can sometimes be a great thing by finding variants I wouldn't have thought of. When I start a new campaign, I watch the log files to see the referring terms, and just do negative-match on the irrelevencies Yahoo comes up with. Eventually I weed 'em all out.

Keep in mind that the first week or so will get more than average of dud clicks, from competitors checking out the new listing. But after that you should be able to tell how it's going to work for that particular campaign.

ABW Ambassador
    Just had my first sales roll in for 2 of the campaigns I just started. So that parts good. But it looks like Yahoo/Panama didn't quite get that real time reporting or close to it was a good thing.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread