Red face Any tips on getting the right web host
    I have searched for a couple of articles about getting the right web-host and so far its goDaddy that gives a reasonable price, but the problem is it only host 1 website (i have placed an order yet). I am planning to have 3 websites. I heard that there are some service provider that host 2 websites in one plan but some i have visited are a bit expensive for a beginner like me. I don't think it would be practical for me to spend to much since im still testing the water. The reason why I wanted to create two website is so I can cover the things i am interested about while still keeping my self in line on each target market. I don't want to have a website that is too general. I plan to keep two website atleast for a year and hope it goes well.

The basic plan i looked at cost less $4/month just for reference.

Are there any website that offers hosting for 2 domains around that price?

Also since I'm starting up is it wise to get the whole one year hosting plan rather than paying every month?

What are the main things I should look for on a webhost plan?

Quote Originally Posted by marketingnoob
    The basic plan i looked at cost less $4/month just for reference.

Are there any website that offers hosting for 2 domains around that price?
    We offer unlimited "add-on" domains for $5.99/mo. The way "add-on" domains work with our control panel (cPanel), is the web site files will reside in a subdirectory of your main account (i.e. http://yourdomain.com/addondomain), but the domain is still accessible via its URL (http://addondomain.com). Add-on domains will be the cheapest solution for what you are trying to accomplish.

Also since I'm starting up is it wise to get the whole one year hosting plan rather than paying every month?
    Sign up monthly at first, then you can switch to annual payment if you like the host. Although some hosts make you sign up for a multi-year deal in order to get their advertised price.

Look for the features that you need. For example: If you will be using database driven web sites, make sure the host offers enough MySQL databases with their plan.

Also look for a reliable host that has been around a while, don't go for the cheapest 500GB mega plan you can find. You don't want a fly-by-night company which may be overselling its resources, and in turn could go belly up within their first year.

I don't want to have a website that is too general.
    Good strategy. Make each site focused.

I plan to keep two website atleast for a year and hope it goes well.
    You'll have to buy your domains for a year anyway, so that's a good plan.

No. A host who looks great when you sign up might not work out for you later on. Keep your options open; if you do a monthly plan, you can always switch.

Reliability and responsiveness of tech support for when problems happen.

Good luck.
    [URL=http://themoneyforums.com]The Money Forums[/URL]

I trust you can find many, many threads on this topic. Personally, I have a couple of my sites with 1and1. They have competitive pricing and offer multiple domain packages in your budget range.

A good thing about their service is that they have a toll-free number. I have called twice and each time a real person answered (and pretty much right away).

ABW Ambassador affiliatemakeover's Avatar
    My advice, don't go cheap on a webhost if you're serious about making money online.
    Jim Kukral
    You will love my book: Attention! This Book Will Make You Money

GoDaddy is light on features and heavey on the price when compared to other web hosts like Hostmonster, BlueHost, or Lunarpages.

Hostmonster lets you host an unlimited number of add-on domains on the same account (not that you would want to, but it's fine for a handful of domains). Lunarpages has excellent support and lets you host 10 domains on the same account.

I've used Hostmonster and Lunarpages and like them both.

Thanks for the quick response. I checked the hosts you've suggested and most of them offer free-domain, i do have one domain already i wanna keep it and still get the other domain. The problem is when i signed for my old web host my domain was registered under their company name not mine. I've talked to them already and they said that i need to pay to have it transferred.

I made a mistake before of not carefully planning what i wanted to do with my website so when I signed for affiliates I got overwhelmed with all the companies listed on linkshare and cj.

I guess it really isn't as easy as it look like, it takes a careful planning. I'll take your advise to sign up for a couple of months first and not settle for really cheap hosting plan.

I am leaning towards -articles- and coupon feeds so that shouldn't take up much bandwidth.

Thanks!

I use Nettica - not the cheapest, but very reliable...as affiliatemakeover said, if you are serious about making money online, then do not go for the cheapest option...you need to ensure reliability and user-friendliness - at the end of the day, none of them are hugely expensive, and for a couple of extra dollars, you can get a vastly improved service.
    I also highly recommend SquareSpace as a web-building platform - great for beginners and experts alike - whether you are an HTML-whizz, or have no HTML knowledge at all...you can read more about all my experiences on my website, as I am someone who has learnt as I go along - learning by my mistakes mostly, but this has brought me quite a long way in a short time!

i have checked hosting monster and it says 5.95 if i sign up for 24 months. =(

Check out ICDSoft.com reasonable and has almost everything a starter would want...
    - Sunil

[SIZE=1]The impossibility of today is a hint of what shall be...[/SIZE]

i have checked hosting monster and it says 5.95 if i sign up for 24 months. =(
    And your point is...?

What, were you planning on shutting down your website after just a year?

Quote Originally Posted by RickPlmr
    And your point is...?

What, were you planning on shutting down your website after just a year?

No I plan to keep it for as long as I can but I am at my Dad's mercy I have been begging him to give me at least enough to make a site go for a year. It's what I have always wanted but he doesn't think it will work. I've been trying to get as much information as I can because I feel like I have no room for mistake. I know it will work if other people were able to do it I don't see why I couldn't all I need is patience, a lot of hard work and to learn more. And every time I try to make him look at the information I gather he wont even bother he just asks how much. All the sites you've given are really great, but I'm just a girl begging my Dad for a budget and I really really really want to make this work. I wont be here pestering and bugging strangers if I don't.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread