The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Isn't our Network info supposed to be "Previleged" ie - Secret??
    Miles Kimball was on Performics - 'bout a month ago they said they were closing down

I knew Walter Drake was on CJ - and they're the same company - so I applied to Miles at CJ a few weeks back. I'm still "pending", even though Miles was also deactivated at CJ.

Spent days removing links - and cursing under my breath.

Today, I get a private email from someone at Linkshare. Miles is now at LS, I was a top performer, swap out links now.

I look at merchants in LS - Miles is not there.

On a hunch, I go to the Build Links section, and yep - I "belong" to the Miles program at Linkshare!!

First, I want to respond with "Have Miles send me a check for $500 for the manhours spent removing their links - and another $500 to rebuild them"

But more importantly, how does Linkshare know what I did at Performics - and with who??????

Internet Cowboy
    Don't think for a minute that networks don't share information among themselves. It happens and it happens regularly. I am not saying they give each other our Tax ID numbers, but they do talk.

I hate the way they have us delete everything then want us to add it all back. Had someone let me know, I could have inactivated and changed out links ( MUCH less work) SUPER UGH!

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    No one's mentioned their new lower commissions, which were brought up here:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=91260

Also as discussed in other threads, WDrake and HomeMarketplace (I don't know about Miles Kimble) CJ product links all went belly up (yet again) a few months ago, and it took them about three months before new links were available. That produced considerable down time for their products and required re-doing all products once already this year, and now for a second time in less than six months (plus now for lower commissions).

And how come they notified affiliates they were leaving Performics weeks in advance, but never uttered a word about leaving CJ?
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Son of a you-know-what!!

re: the other thread!

CJ didn't notify me about Walter Drake!!! Now I have to do the same thing all over again!!!!!!!!!!!!

re: Miles K commissions: They were 15% at Performics, less at CJ... and only 6% now at Linkshare.

But the cookie duration is the kicker:

Return days: .208

So if the customer takes a minute to ask his wife what color frame to buy... we lost the sale!!

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    how does Linkshare know what I did at Performics - and with who??????
    If you were a top performer, it's likely you were included in a list along with other top performers prepared by the merchant and provided to Linkshare.
    But the cookie duration is the kicker:

Return days: .208

So if the customer takes a minute to ask his wife what color frame to buy... we lost the sale!!
    That's about a 5 hour cookie; i.e. .208 x 24 hours.

Odd.

I was just approved for Miles Kimball...

on Commission Junction!!

Now I have MK on TWO Networks that I won't put a link up for. (The merchant, not the networks)

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread