ABW Ambassador
    If You're A Dell Affiliate
    In case you didn't get the email or forgot:

On June 26th, Dell Home will be updating all creative, except the logo. This update will affect all promotional banners, product images, text, and product banners.

Below is a list of scenarios and actions you will need to take.
    • If your site displays banners (product or promo) using the linking code provided in the LinkShare interface and you are NOT hosting the images on your site: No action will be required on your part. Your banners will update automatically.
    • If you host product and/or promo banners on your site: You will need to log into the interface on 6/26 to retrieve the new banners. Plan ahead so that your site is updated by close of business on 6/26.
    • If your site displays Dell Home text using the linking code and you are NOT hosting the text on your site: The text links will not automatically update. You will need to replace all linking codes for text links on your site. All text must be updated by close of business on 6/26.
    • If you host Dell Home text on your site: You will need to log into the interface on 6/26 to obtain the new text. The text must be updated by close of business on 6/26.
    • If your site contains images, pricing information, etc. from the merchandiser feed: The Dell Home team will send an email once the merchandiser feed is updated, which should be in the afternoon on 6/26.

On a side note besides all that, for those real familiar with Dell. Are Inspiron Desktops new? I always thought they were primarily notebooks but noticed them on the site just now while the Dimensions are pretty much gone, this happened in the last few hours. Since I was searching for a new desktop and was visiting the site everyday. Not sure if the Dimensions are just out of stock or if they're coming back with a new set, new configuration possibilities.

Yes the Inspiron Desktop line is new they officilly launch at 10am EST

The official launch is at 10am at Macys Herald Square the biggest item on the launch list are their new ____

Fudgen NDA's won't let m say more than that.

Anyway me must get dressed as I am attending the dell launch as an invited guest.

ABW Ambassador
    biggest item on the launch list are their new ____

Has to be the Inspiron Deskstops. There is a While Supplies Last Banner and clicking that and it's the C521 Dimensions. So maybe the Dimensions are going away. Anything you can post later would be great.

Press release from Dell:

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/...20&newsLang=en

Ah, Connie might like the Flamingo Pink:

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/a.../26/c9107.html
    Last edited by Trust; June 26th, 2007 at 12:12 PM.

It isn't the desktop but the 8 color inspiron notebooks and the 13 inch XPS the thinnest notebook on the market.

Atleast to DELL at the event the biggest thing were the colored notebook they didn't even mention the DESKTOP until asked about them.

Seems like the Dimension desktops are going to be in retail stores only pretty soon

ABW Ambassador
    I should have got that Dimension when it was available but you can configure the Inspirons pretty much the same way. Yeah, I've seen some Dimensions at Walmart for months already. So guess that's going to be their retail store computer line now and if you want to configure, you can go online and do it with the Inspirons, XPS, etc. Need to go check out to see if they have those new links up yet.

ABW Ambassador
    And it looks like the text links are already not working and I can't figure out which ones are the new ones. The new banners are easy to see but I just need a home page text links and links to the different sections.

Now they're working again but according to that email, you need to pick up new text links. Or does anybody know?

If anyone wants to see the new inspirons jsut go to Macys

ABW Ambassador
    I don't have one of those nearby. But all the new Inspirons have been online since early today.

yeah, I think they went on te site earlier than the annoucement.

I like the jet black and midnight blue. Also the white one but the white one doesn't have that leather feel to it.

I like the XPS M1330 even more.

I threw a crappy post together really fast
    http://www.hardwaregeeks.com/comments.php?shownews=4509

posted from my phone so when I get home i'll fix the errors

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread