Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Red face Printable Coupons, Online Coupons and Price Comparison What to do...
    I have a couple of question about coupons, I cant seem to find too many sites that offers printable coupons.

I have seen sites for printable coupons that has pampers, dove and other major house hold brands. I tried looking for them in CJ and LinkShare but I couldnt find it.

Are there any other sites I can look at that has printable coupons for house hold products?

Also does anyone know about Price Comparison program to use? I have seen sites with those too.

Thanks.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I have seen sites for printable coupons that has pampers, dove and other major house hold brands. I tried looking for them in CJ and LinkShare but I couldnt find it.
    *Name of place immediately disappears from my brain*
    Anyway they were on CJ a year or two ago, and I don't remember them leaving.

I just checked. It's Coupons.com. But the only thing they have listed at CJ is their CouponBar. That program, however, does offer a 75c payout if someone regs at Coupons.com and prints a coupon.

Since they have a Bar, it may have some unsavory aspect. Search ABW to see if they were able to put out the fires that surely erupted...

well I was thinking about printable coupons being printed from my website or something like that. is there such?

ABW Ambassador
    There's some other threads about it:

http://forum.abestweb.com/search.php?searchid=907321

I remember seeing some sites using Smart Source i think it was, kind of like a cobrand for it. Keycode had something where you could link to some merchants and got paid when someone made a print. You have Coolsavings which has printable coupons and get paid when someone signs up. Should be some more in some of those past threads.

Wow thanks! I'll definitely look this up. Does anyone know about price comparison engines? Say you wanna buy a MacBook then theres list of a few sites that has MacBooks then you can compare prices. Hows that done?

ABW Ambassador
    Some people build them on their own and I think there are also cobrand type situations. Also stuff like:

https://partners.shopping.com/APIPro...B9EB99EA4B9B0A

Printable coupons are usually very low-earning compared to online coupons, which is the primary reason coupon sites don't promote them.

As for price comparison, it's a monumental task to do right and I'm not sure of any prepackaged software that will do a good job of it. You can partner with some of the larger price comparison sites, but they pay PPC rather than percent of sales and it's a relatively low payout.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Oh..I thought its the same as online coupon.

What is co-branding? is it like the one in clickbank?

I also heard that you can request for exclusive deals from merchants, I suppose its when you've been with them for a long time and have generated a good amount of revenue for them.
    Last edited by marketingnoob; June 26th, 2007 at 05:53 AM.

ABW Ambassador
    "Printable coupons are usually very low-earning compared to online coupons, which is the primary reason coupon sites don't promote them."

A lot of top coupon sites do, I have a section for them on my site. It's a good draw into the site and those visitors might make there way to other parts of the site, the parts with affiliates links.

I have asked my Dad for money so I can start my website and he only gave me enough to get it going for three months. I don't really know how long it takes to generate income when it comes to coupons and article based websites. I hope I would get at least enough to make the site going for another three months after that. I have read that it took a while for a site to actually make money and its about keywords, advertising and good content. I am not sure if I am on the right track, but I do plan to have an article based site with google adsense and a few relevant advertisers with my chosen topic and a coupon based website on the side. How long did it take you to generate at least $50? Given the fact that theres a lot of affiliate websites around theres a much bigger difference with the competition now than back in 2000.

ABW Ambassador
    With your new coupon site, there are a couple of things. First it's extremely competitive. Then it's a new site and with any new site, it's going to take a little time getting indexed and for it to rank. Probably longer than 3 months. It can be done but it's going to take some time. The article site don't know. As with any site it's going to take some time to build it up, start making money. I launched a new one late last year and it's getting better. Started it off with some PPC, press release. That got some links in to get it going.

I guess three months wont be enough to at least get $50 out of it.

ABW Ambassador
    When is the 3 months up? If you can get some traffic in that time, you can get some sales. You should check out Squidoo, you can build up some lenses and make some money and/or drive some traffic to your site. With Squidoo alone you should be able to make $50 in 3 months. A lot of those pages (lenses) get indexed pretty quickly by Google. Thread on that:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=90548

ABW Ambassador
    Are you getting any traffic yet? Have had your first sale?

Also don't forget about those get links up bonuses some merchants have.

i have the name of a deal site where u can find out online deals and coupons..........but am not sure that if i write the name of that website here it will not be considered as affiliate URL........

ABW Ambassador
    We all know about coupon sites this is an affiliate marketing forum. Some people have coupon sites in their sigs, very easy to find -

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...q=coupon+codes

I am planning to put up the site within this week and the three month count will start from there. I am trying to plan very carefully coz I don't want this to end up as another disappointment.

Don't let it end in disappointment. Plan for it to be a success, and if it isn't a success at least let it be a learning experience.

You can start a site with either money or time. You don't need both. If you go the cheap route, you can register a domain for a year for $8 and you can host a site for under $10 per month. That's about $100 for a year. Everything else, you can do for free. If you can't earn back that much (and probably many times that muhc) in a year, go back to the drawing board.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Aside from GoldenCan can you suggest other Coupon sites I can sign up for and can I get coupons from multiple sites?

As for co-branding is it ok to get products from multiple merchants and put them on one website?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Don't let it end in disappointment. Plan for it to be a success, and if it isn't a success at least let it be a learning experience.

You can start a site with either money or time. You don't need both. If you go the cheap route, you can register a domain for a year for $8 and you can host a site for under $10 per month. That's about $100 for a year. Everything else, you can do for free. If you can't earn back that much (and probably many times that muhc) in a year, go back to the drawing board.
    Better yet, sign up for web hosting with one of your affiliate merchants. They'll pay you between $80 to $100 commission which covers your first year's hosting fees.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by marketingnoob
    Aside from GoldenCan can you suggest other Coupon sites I can sign up for and can I get coupons from multiple sites?

As for co-branding is it ok to get products from multiple merchants and put them on one website?
    As far as getting products links from multiple merchants, yes you can do that. And you can use things like GoldenCan to help out. As far as coupon cobrand sites there are places like MyCoupons that have that.

But, those cobrand coupon sites are never top coupon sites. The ones that really make money are those that do it on their own. Lot of work to get started and keep them up to date. And as far as cobrand, goldencan etc. it's third party type stuff, so if they go out of business and you've built your business on it or around it, that's going to affect you to. Try to do as much as you can on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    You can start a site with either money or time. You don't need both.
    Let me just clarify this and say that you do need one or the other (and it helps to have both). If you're looking for a quick buck without expending time or money, there's a thread about that. It just isn't going to happen.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Quote Originally Posted by marketingnoob
    I guess three months wont be enough to at least get $50 out of it.
    Keep in mind that many affiliate programs take upwards of 2-3 months to actually pay you. The really good ones pay within 30 days of the end of the month, but this isn't to be expected. And yes get web hosting under an affiliate account. That way you'll get a commission to pay for your first year of hosting. There's no reason you should have to stop after 3 months.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Quote Originally Posted by RickPlmr
    Better yet, sign up for web hosting with one of your affiliate merchants. They'll pay you between $80 to $100 commission which covers your first year's hosting fees.
    I am allowed to do that? Sign up first as an affiliate before I get the website?

wow! that would be awesome.

Sorry if I had to vent why i am so tight with budget and why I keep on looking for the lowest price possible in my other thread. If I haven't had that problem the site will be up and running by now. It's just I believe so much that this works and could even be better than a "corner store". Sure competition is tough but I still think it's worth it but my parents doesn't. I did consider getting free hosting but I'm thinking that it might give a negative impression and it will make my site look like a fly by night which is the last thing I'd want to happen.

And as for coupons, I am wondering if I can get coupons from coupon bar, gold can and alike to put on one website.

And for the co-branding: if i can put products form different merchants also on one site.

If all those are possible them I am up for an online store and coupon site.

Not only "can" you, but some web hosts *encourage* you to do this. Here's a snippet from an approval email I recently received from StartLogic:

"If you are looking for a reliable web hosting company for yourself you can do so through any of our banners from your site and that way you make a commission on your own account."

Go for it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast