Unhappy Affiliate link hacked
    I am a youtube addict and I also use you tube to check some video tutorials on making a website. I have recently come across a video of some guy hacking a website changing its link ID to go straight to his account without the website owner's knowledge. It's on a different language but it basically shows how he edits the links. Has anyone seen this?

ABW Ambassador
    This video is on YouTube? If so, do you have the link.

I don't think I can post a link here. But you can try to search it in YouTube.

This is terrible! Makes me so angry. If someone is prepared to go to all the effort of hacking into other people's link, why not just make the same effort to set up their own links? It's infuriating!

ABW Ambassador
    I'll try to find it, do you know what keywords would bring it up? First it's a crime, so shouldn't do that in the first place. And then posting your crime on YouTube?

i was trying to search for it again but my PC slowed down dunno if its youtube or me. Anyway try "affiliate hacking" it will have this user with a lot of videos. Just click on that user I think thats the one. I couldn't pull up you tube.

hard to believe...

It's something I stumbled on in Youtube when i was looking at the affiliate videos there. I just got reminded when I saw a discussion about cPanel. I am not sure if it is the same thing. But it is a bit scary for affiliates who actually try to work their way up in the search engine only to find out that someone else will be getting all the credit for it. I cant really post Youtubes url I don't wanna get in trouble for that. You can search if you like theres also one about Amazon. I am not entirely sure if that is possible, I am to change someone else's link. I am no expert when it comes to that.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    If you search youtube for "hacking" you get 94,500 results. I didn't bother checking phreaking and phishing but I'll bet they're real popular, too. These people are clearly not afraid of prosecution, but shouldn't youtube be afraid of their complicity in distributing this crap?

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...&search=Search

Cant find the link in youtube anymore. But its basically a guy changing the link's ID of the Ads on the website, It still the same banner... nothing seem to have changed. I don't know how they manage to change the codes on the website. But I just posted it to let people know.

"source code hacking", "hit generators", "URL bombers"... and likes of it.

There's a lot of scams out there but but like what dezine_design said if you put so much effort in hacking another person's website why put an effort in make an effort in making your own sites with your own links.

NOTE: I don't have enough previlage to recieve PM's or send any. ;(

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread