Angry Lexington Law/Progrexion What's this all about?
    My question really is does CJ approve of this kind of promotion going through their email system to affiliates? My first reaction is that it's going to be one of those things where they tell just enough to hook you, and then try to sell you some package. Am I just cynical or is this legit?
    About 30% of Internet commerce is driven by affiliate marketers.
    But 90% of marketing affiliates make barely enough in commissions to pay their water bill.

WHY?

It’s not their fault. Anyone can put together a group of affiliates. But few companies take the time and effort to create a powerful cadre of affiliate marketers and provide them the specific, proven action steps that drive more business.

At Lexington Law/Progrexion, we don’t think our affiliate marketing is successful unless the program produces a healthy revenue stream for you. And we’re going to show you exactly how to do that.

On Thursday June 28th at 2:00 EST you can attend a F*REE training webinar, and learn from “super affiliate” Russell Brunson of DotComSecrets, Inc.and the Lexington Law team the closely guarded secrets for raking in huge affiliate checks.

Russell took $20 and a simple idea and created DotComSecrets, Inc, a multi-million dollar online company driven by affiliate marketing. He normally charges $1000 an hour to train the top affiliates in the world…BUT simply by registering for this Lexington Law Firm/Progrexion webinar, you can learn his affiliate tactics absolutely F*REE.

Give us 1 hour – we’ll give you the affiliate marketing secrets that will take your affiliate program to the next level, better your cash flow and boost your bottom line.

REGISTER NOW!
    If this link does not work copy and paste this address in your browser dotcomsecrets.com/affiliatetraining.htm

To your success,

The Lexington Law Affiliate
    Management Team

P.S. Webinar slots are limited. If you want to be in the 30% of affiliates who are making all the money, REGISTER NOW!...

REGISTER NOW!

If this link does not work copy and paste this address in your browser dotcomsecrets.com/affiliatetraining.htm
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; June 26th, 2007 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Removed incidental hotlinks

I got it also, deleted it as soon as I was done reading it.

My guess is there is a product/training that will be sold during the "FREE" webinar.

I'd hope CJ would not allow this, but L.L. probably sold it to them as a value-add service to affiliates.

ABW Ambassador
    It's spam and no doubt a violation of CJ policies. Since Lexington Law has to pay CJ to send email blasts, I suspect Brunson paid LL to have access to CJ affiliates' email.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I am saddened to see that the new AM at Lexington Law's marketing firm is running the MLM scam: http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=88163

The previous AM is now the VP for Russell and calling all of his ex-buddies trying to hook them up with Russell. Don't fall for this tactic.

Chuck,
    I can't get into that link for some reason, probably still too new.

Could you post a quick synopsis of exactly what this is about?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    That is an AM only forum but here is a summary of what was posted:

Russell Brunson ever heard of him??
    An AM from our RMAMA networking group went to work for this guy who is a self proclaimed super affiliate. They are pitching a program to train your non-performing affiliates and are obviously trying to sell their $500 full course. It sounds like total snake oil but I am giving the AM the benefit of the doubt.

Quote:
    Brunson appeared on the cover of Millionaire Blueprint and has worked closely with other big name internet marketers like Mark Joyner, Joe Vitale, Mike Filsaime, Perry Marshall and John Reese. He is also a member of the coveted Dan Kennedy Inner Circle.

I haven't heard of one of these so tell me the obvious, this is self created hype!!

They create an email that you send out to all inactives, you send it out once and a reminder 5 days later. They take over the registered affiliates, dinge them several times and give them a 90 minute bootcamp. At the end they hawk their $500 full course.

I was side-tracked all day on a project for a client and this is the first chance I've had to check back. Thank you all for clarifying. I thought it was hype, but wasn't positive since it did come through the CJ email system.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick
    Quote: Brunson appeared on the cover of Millionaire Blueprint and has worked closely with other big name internet marketers like Mark Joyner, Joe Vitale, Mike Filsaime, Perry Marshall and John Reese. He is also a member of the coveted Dan Kennedy Inner Circle.

I haven't heard of one of these so tell me the obvious, this is self created hype!!
    When I first started out in am, I signed up for a free newsletter from Mark Joyner. I read it occassonally, and never found anything usefull in it. I believe he died a couple of years ago.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Stay as far away from Lexington Law as you can.

Progrexion is a marketing company. They actually own the Lexington Law trademark and domain name. They con attorneys to risk their license by putting a law firm entity behind Lexington Law. Lexington Law itself is NOT a law firm. Look on their Web site, they list all the law firms that receive a commission for putting their professional license on the line. Lexington Law gets away with avoiding some credit repair laws because "they are a law firm." Lexington Law is NOT a law firm. It is a marketing brand. While the "paralegals" are officed in their main law firm front, they are trained, paid for, and treated as Progrexion employees. Their paralegals are nothing more than telemarketers that are put through a paralegal training program as part of their telemarketing training.

Progrexion also owns CreditRepair.com and PureCredit.com among many other domains they use for SEO schemes and picking up additional market share. Look on the Lexington Law Web site and click on the Affiliate link. It takes you to a form that requires you to enter your contact info, then they dump you into CJ where you have to enter it all again. It is obvious that the reason they do this is to gather the info CJ won't share with them. The email you received probably came from this list, which is NOT an optin list and clearly breaks can-spam laws.

One last thing to consider. I don't know if this is standard practice for the company but I would assume if it is done in a few situations, it is probably business as usual. Once you sign up and provide your contact info, they try to push you into the creditrepair.com affiliate program. Look at creditrepair.com. It is a huge affiliate site, Lexington Law and Credit Attorney (another Progrexion property) being the credit repair merchants that creditrepair.com is pushing leads to. The problem for affiliates is that you only signed up for credit repair leads. If you send them a credit repair lead and they "reject" it as a duplicate lead or for some other reason, they will go right down the list peddling this lead to some other program until they sell the lead. Since you are only an affiliate for credit repair leads, you are not paid for leads they sell to another company. They make money from your traffic, but they only pay for "good" leads, or those that qualify for one of their in-house credit repair programs (Lexington Law or Credit Attorney).

Considering that affiliate sales are a HUGE part of their business, it seems to me they would treat their affiliates much better.

BTW, their AM came into the position with zero affiliate experience. When he started, he didn't even know what HTML is. He had no concept of the relationship between affiliates and merchants. What a joke.

As far as Russell Brunson goes. He is a list builder. He is an Information Marketing guy. He has no idea how to promote products and services without building a list of spend-happy biz-op junkies. He has nothing of value to non-IM affiliates. In fact, he recently got into offline list building because even biz-op junkies are getting tired of the onslaught of Information Marketers beating up their inboxes.

All these IM guys know each other and they all leach of each others lists and momentum. They brag about lists of 200k+ subscribers, but what they don't tell you is that all the other IM gurus have the same 200k+ subscribers on their lists. So its really just the same 200k+ biz-op junkies on all their lists and most of their customers are broke from buying their $1500 programs and that's why they are going offline to find more suckers for their programs.

ABW Ambassador
    Another promotional email from Lexinton Law.

Dear xxxxx,

January was a HUGE month for us here at Lexington Law. In fact, for the month of January, I wrote our top affiliate, Ben Moskel, a check for over $60,000.00.

That means he now has over $60,000 in cold-hard cash sitting in his bank account.

Let me give you some quick info on Ben:

* He does not use any special techniques.,
    * He generates most of his sales using simple, $5 web templates.
    * He is nobody special—just a regular person like you and I.
    * In his first month with us, he made only $70 in commissions.

In just 12 short months, Ben went from making $70 a month to over $60,000 a month.

Wouldn’t it be nice to know how he did this?

Well today is your lucky day.

Ben has created what is considered by many to be some of the best affiliate training material on the planet. He has already trained thousands of other affiliates with his proven, down-to-earth methods to generate piles and piles of cash.

Bottom line: his students are some of the most successful affiliate marketers on the planet.

Would you like to see some of his training materials?

Click Here To Get Your Training Materials

Sincerely,

xxxxxxx
    Lexington Law

ABW Ambassador
    CJ/VC already promotes zango, miva and worse. Now they spam their affiliates with this?

I just got it... so any CJ related ams want to explain to me why I shouldn't just dump ny CJ programs already? How desperate are they to approve this crap?

Ditto, got another also. I was willing to forgive the first time as everyone is entitled to make a mistake. But it appears they did not make a mistake and are willing to lower their program to a level of 'huckster' with these actions.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

Progrexion must be hurting. LexingtonLaw.com went from 200K unique visits in January 2007 to around 100K unique visits in January 2008 (Alexa Numbers).

Since they can't make money with credit repair, they are being affiliates for other products. Their affiliate site, creditrepair.com, is getting more traffic than LexingtonLaw.com. It seems to me that Progrexion is moving away from the credit repair industry and focusing more on the sub-prime space as a whole.

They are throwing in offers from Information Marketing scam artists as an added revenue stream. A company this confused about who they are is not likely to be around for long. I wouldn't invest any time or money in the credit repair space. If the big dogs in the industry are backing off, something is up. I certainly won't waste my time with a company like Progrexion from an affiliate standpoint.

I, for one, am sick and tired of receiving their crap and am pretty dismayed that CJ is letting them send it out through their system.

So, I just copied the entire email and pasted it in a "Contact Us' form at CJ, complaining about being spammed by Lexington Law.

I anxiously await their response explaining why they have no problem with Lexington Law sending this to CJ members who are not signed up for Lexington Law's affiliate program.

Of course there would be an easy solution. I didn't know that you can opt out of receiving email individually from any advertiser on the CJ network, whether you have joined their program or not.

All I had to do was go to the Lexington Law Firm detail page at CJ. Uncheck the "Receive Mail" box in the "Mail Settings" and then Update the Settings.

This is good to know in the future when any other programs decide to abuse the system.

ABW Ambassador
    I learned of the opt-out link from CJ customer support last year after being disgusted with Lexington Law's emails as well. I immediately opted out and hadn't received any more of their emails until the one that came out last night. I just double checked the CJ advertiser detail for Lexington Law and I'm still opted out, so apparently it doesn't work 100% of the time.

By the way, all emails that go out through CJ's messaging system have a link at the bottom to opt out for that advertiser. I didn't realize that until recently. Take a look.

I also got this email today - sent to me through the SAS email system as an affilliate. I wrote an unfriendly reply and cc'ed SAS.

CJ is now looking into this issue, as I've been told. Always helps to send a nice spam complaint notice, as I know they pay attention to those.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread