Internet Cowboy
    101Inks.com tracked. But this is a very consumer UNFRIENDLY company.
    So I ordered a replacement inkjet cartridge from these guys. They are on Shareasale, have a coupon, and I have made a few sales with them, so it all seemed good.
    Upon checkout I get a Firefox alert window that a site called leadgenetwork.com was trying to access some information and was not a trusted site. That sent up some alert signals.
    I called their Cust. Svc and was told that those pop-ups are on my computer not their site. (LOL, sounds like they hear that often.) I told the young lady that it was not a pop-up, then she said if the email was from them it would say it was. I never used the word "email". Frustration led me to end that call.
    Still feeling somewhat insecure about what these folks were going to do with my personal information, a few minutes later I called back to cancel this order. A total of 10 minutes has passed since my order was placed and now I am told there is a 15% cancellation fee
    I spoke with someone who identified himself as their manager and was told that they had already incurred credit card fees and other costs with this order, that is why the 15% applies even if it has not been shipped. This person also told me that the site in question that Firefox did not like was another affiliate of theirs. One look at their site and I can see why so many customers call in complaining about pop-ups, but that is not my problem.
    So Mr. 101Inks, keep your 15% and when my statement comes in I will dispute this charge and then it will cost you even MORE to get that handled. I guess them charging to cancel a fresh order COULD help conversions, but my guess is that if you sent your customer to them to buy and they have any problems, your customer will not appreciate your referral in the end.

15% cancellation fee on an order < 10 minutes old!!! What a load of crapola!

Another merchant for the slime bucket! They'll be off my site by the end of the day.

ABW Ambassador
    This person also told me that the site in question that Firefox did not like was another affiliate of theirs.
    Huh? How does that work? Did he explain how another affiliate could be popping on you and alert FF?

Internet Cowboy
    It is because the site in question has a tracking pixel on their confirmation page. For some reason, Firefox didn't like it and issued a warning dialog.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    leadgenetwork.com is a cpa network, so i guess this ain't an exclusive merchant. :-(

in addition, the pixel thing... did / does your firefox alarm over the sas pixel? i'd guess not. i wonder if leadgenetwork.com is using something more than a pixel, collecting data (remember javascript and things like LMI) from the back end... would add new meaning to lead gen...

ABW Ambassador
    remember javascript and things like LMI
    Isn't that something like how Second Bite works, scraping data using JS, except with abandoned carts?

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    did / does your firefox alarm over the sas pixel?
    No. I have never had Firefox alert over a pixel from any other network. And yes, the thought did cross my mind about exactly what information Leadgenetwork got.
    I almost hope I start getting ink SPAM since I will know the source.

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    Isn't that something like how Second Bite works, scraping data using JS, except with abandoned carts?
    Yes. Exactly.

I don't know who they are using to clear credit card orders, but all of the companies that I'm familiar with will allow you to void a sale with no charges as long as it hasn't settled. Uncle Scooter I think that your right about them trying to prop up conversion numbers but I'm curious as to whether the referring affiliate gets the commission on the 15%? LOL!!
    David Carter
    MagazinesQuick.com

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by David Carter
    ...but I'm curious as to whether the referring affiliate gets the commission on the 15%? LOL!!
    I wondered the same thing. And I also know that txns can be deleted before the batch is settled. I have done this thousands of times not that long ago. Just a "wonderful" operation all together.

One would think that if they have had other similar complaints that they just might reconsider their practices. IF only 1 person in 10 complains then there are 9 other people out there not happy about what's going on. If that company continually gets slapped about something they're doing and still refuse to change, they deserve what they get. With so many choices out there, it's hard to understand why companies still act like this
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Rice
    With so many choices out there, it's hard to understand why companies still act like this
    Blind, stupid or arrogant?

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Outsourced Program Manager paladin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    I am told there is a 15% cancellation fee ....
    15% cancellation fee on an order < 10 minutes old!!! What a load of crapola!
    I checked their site real quick and what the they told you on the phone is wrong. They have a 15% restocking fee for returned orders, but do not say anything about cancellations that did not leave their warehouse.

I'd call them back, or email them, and point that out. If they still refuse to refund the 15% you can check your options with your credit card company.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    LeadGenNetwork, a CPA Network that does have 101inks as an offer, is owned by InnovationInteractive (II for short now).

II is also the parent company for ExactAdvertising. Remember them? They've had several adware applications and names in the past including ExactSearch, CashBackBuddy, BargainBuddy, NaviSearch, and BullseyeNetwork to name a few.

Aside from the ExactAdvertisng Search, they also own BrainFox (frequently shows up in AdOnNetwork adware inventory). For you SEM'ers out there, you might be familiar with some of their other search companies like 360i and SearchIgnite. Yeah, I'd trust all my PPC campaign info to them...but that's just me and my own personal opinion.

They own a bunch of other stuff as well.

I've also seen 101inks via LeadGen aff links popping through Zango.

So Scoot it's up to you on whether or not to be concerned.

Maybe 101inks should be asking themselves why exactly Firefox doesn't like one of their "affiliates" (as well as network) when they are sticking code into their checkout process. Maybe?
    Last edited by Kellie aka Ms. B; June 28th, 2007 at 02:47 PM. Reason: fixed a typo before Donuts caught it ;)

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellie aka Ms. B
    I've also seen 101inks via LeadGen aff links popping through Zango.

So Scoot it's up to you on whether or not to be concerned.
    That confirms my thoughts. As for being concerned, I flushed them moved on. A company who treats their customers like that is bound to try to pull a fast one on their affiliates sooner or later.

They are paying these "partners" of their's for popping Zango on their site. I love it!

Oh, but certainly it is not LeadGen doing it. It has to be a rogue affiliate

Thanks Kellie!

Good catch, they also have an in house program as you can see on their page. Hopefully SaS will boot them -- for compliance, of course.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread