Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    Save a lot of money on PPC?
    How? By being #1 on the page for your keyword through organic search means. Isnt't that right? If your keyword phrase is "ball breaker" and your site is listed #1 by Google for that phrase, there really isn't need for you to spend money on PPC. Yes? No?
    Last edited by Uncle Rico; June 28th, 2007 at 09:46 AM.

ABW Ambassador
    >there really isn't need for you to spend money on PPC. *Yes*

A major NYC Bank spent A LOT of money to have a study conducted.
    I did some work for someone who read that study.

Ranking in the SERPs and having a rank in PPC did make a diference.

ABW Ambassador
    SERPS can shift. And if you can have nice SERPS plus do PPC and make money for said phrase, why not do both. There have also been studies that show when people see both a natural SERP and a PPC ad for a site for any given phrase, click thru rate is higher.

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    Interesting. Now I just need to figure out how to improve my organic ranking.

Online Marketing Consultant
    yes and no. You are going to get all the clicks from that number one, but if there was no need to use the PPC for it as well, then why would affiliates use those terms and turn commissions. There are still people out there who are potential customers who will be clicking on those instead of just the organic. By not having a bid there you will now loose those sales, unless you have an affiliate to take the keyword for you.

Also, if you aren't there anymore and it converts for you and your competition just as well. Why give up the sale to someone else.

You could also look at it another way though. You are going to get all the #1 space clicks which is great, so why not allocate the funds from PPC to other words which also perform well but you are not showing up top ten organically for.

You actually have a great situation in this particular case. The thing to think about is, where to allocate funds and give up the sales from one keyword while increasing another, or just up the budget and continue to exceed amongst both?

There are other factors to play in as well which could be bad about this, but I have to get back to work. I am sure someone will begin filling those in here =0).
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread