ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Turn off ABW (only temporarily)
    Look for your mail program, then click to open outlook or(mailwasher ?)
    Click on check mail.
    See my two e mails on some hold up link questions?
    I am not going live with about a dozen pages on them till I figure out my concern.
    Answer mail
    Close mailwasher.
    Return to ABW
    See that was easy huh

Just kidding, but please can you check into my questions?????

WW [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.
    Give a man a fish he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish he spends the day drinking beer in the boat.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by walleye warrior:
    See my two e mails on some hold up link questions?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL, Make that one email, in my experience, 50% of the mail sent to Mike doesn't make it through [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] It happens.

I like those contractor suspenders - hopefully once the page(s) hit the radar some sales will be trapped by the "no slip clip" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I hate checking my e-mail. Wading through 134 spams from my friends in Korea and China, added to the USA spamm farmers I did find your noble requests and answered the all in my normal verbose way.

I even helped a Holdup Suspenders affiliate, who didn't know he had a problem, when I saw him with a great SE keyword placement. He coded his destination link to a non-existant domain....www.Holdup Suspenders.com with the space between the company name. I know how you affiliate gurus work so the above example has been registered.

Webmaster Mike

"Anyone can make a dollar, it is when you make sense that it starts to add up."...does your eBiz plan make sense?

ABW Ambassador
    Glad to see you waded through them and found I wasnt beig filtered out. You need to fix that info on the page Mike. If I can find it and get confused I am sure others may be also.

Your 11 pages just got loaded up. Will look at some PPC's shortly.

WW

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.
    Give a man a fish he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish he spends the day drinking beer in the boat.

I need suggestions on how to better explain it.
    www.suspenders.com/banners.htm

c=merchant cartID u=destination landing page a=affiliateID & e-mail sales notification address

Webmaster Mike

"Anyone can make a dollar, it is when you make sense that it starts to add up."...does your eBiz plan make sense?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    I need suggestions on how to better explain it.
    http://www.suspenders.com/banners.htm
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's clear as is, but if you wanted it cleaner, there's no real need to explain any of the variables that don't matter to the affiliate.

SAMPLE CODE:
    Under the sample code you could put:

Affiliate Variables:

ANYPAGE.htm
    You could list available pages here home.htm, formal.htm etc. or just say to browse the site for pages that interest you such as home.htm, formal.htm...

AFFILIATEID
    Insert your assigned ID here.

EMAIL
    Insert the email you signed up with here.

Example: AFFILIATEID = 1234 EMAIL = 5678atmail.com

CORRECT USE OF ABOVE EXAMPLE:

http://www.cartserver.com/afl.cgi?c=...ILIATEID^EMAIL

Landing pages are important so if you run a bridal shop use www.suspenders.com/formal.htm and if your audience is hunters -bikers or skiiers use www.suspenders.com/jumbo.htm or just choose a product page and pilfer an image and link the image to that page. Creative affiliates can get better than a 1/20 conversion ratio if the shopper gets taken right to the detail/order page.

Webmaster Mike

ABW Ambassador
    Mike the problem is the the banner page shows the code as I see it and just one letter is a bit confusing orr out of place
    Info;
    Your e mails say use this code.
    a
    href="http://www.cartserver.com/afl.cgi?c=p-1591&u=www.suspenders.com.htm&a=useridandemail"&gt;
    Click here for great deals on patented Holdup Suspenders

Hold UP affiliate page shows this
    a
    href="http://www.cartserver.com/afl.cgi?c=p-1591&a=www.suspenders.com.htm&a=userid and email"&gt;
    Click here for great deals on patented Holdup Suspenders

Notice after 1591& it shows an a after the &

Your banner page shows code should read coded as 1591&a

However your e mail and your confirmation today again reads as to code it 1591&u. It appears maybe a typo on the banner page??????
    WW

WW I might be going blind or MS frontpage search page function doesn't work ..or your pulling my leg.

I see no occurence or this HTML string..
    afl.cgi?c=p-1591&a=www.suspenders.com.htm&a=userid and email

in all cases it should be u=www.suspenders.com

maybe you have an old cached page on your system, or your browser font sees "a" instead of a "u"

Webmaster Mike

ABW Ambassador
    Maybe I was seeing things???

Now I can't figure out WTF I was talking about either.
    If I do you will be advised of it.

Sorry

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    in all cases it should be u=www.suspenders.com
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's "u" for me, in both your email and on the site that I've seen.

...He coded his destination link to a non-existant domain....www.Holdup Suspenders.com with the space between the company name.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its easy! Do a search and replace for 'suspenders' to add the brand name and you get www.Holdup Suspenders.com

At least that is how I did it...

Today's "Stupid Mistake du Jour" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Doc

"There comes a time in the affairs of a man when he has to take the bull by the tail and face the situation."
    - W C Fields (Tille and Gus)

The customer is always right. I change all the "u's" to "a's" posted it. Then changed it back to the way it should be. u=URL a=affiliateID

Nice thing about working direct with the manufacturer is your never in a out of stock condition.

Webmaster Mike

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread