Tips for an green affiliate program manager
    Greetings,

I'm fairly new to the Affiliate world, but have been diving in quickly. I work with a startup company who has a phenomenal service with no competitors...We've jumped onto CJ and have had small successes and have brought our EPC from $4 to over $100 in just 1 month, so I think there is some merit here...

What are some tips to get top affiliates, and even more so successful affiliate partnerships?

Phil

http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=412 is the part of ABW to start studying.

Geno

The resources I recommend for merchants are in my signature.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Thumbs up Thanks Geno
    I'll get reading...Just got your book actually, always up for some reading. Should come in a few days via amazon.com (I'm in Seattle and have to support the hometown company, plus I have an account with free shipping).

Looking forward to getting my feet grounded...then the sleeves rolled up

Cheers!

Phil
    Affiliate Executive
    Phil.andrews@earthclassmail.com

Hi Ehphil,

I bought this book, A Practical Guide to Affiliate Marketing, it is great.

Michelle

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehphil
    Greetings,

I'm fairly new to the Affiliate world, but have been diving in quickly. I work with a startup company who has a phenomenal service with no competitors...We've jumped onto CJ and have had small successes and have brought our EPC from $4 to over $100 in just 1 month, so I think there is some merit here...

What are some tips to get top affiliates, and even more so successful affiliate partnerships?

Phil
    Get an OPM, get a forum here, go to Affiliate Summit and meet affiliates face to face and ask them what they want to join your program.

And be sure to read the parasite forum since you are in a parasite infected network.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Ditto to what everyone else has recommended so far.

There is no "magic bullet"

Learn, keep learning, keep your eyes on the trends out there and on here.

The best lesson is a simple one...

Treat affiliates like business partners (minus the constant bickering I have with mine )

Go out of your way to give them the tools they need, the creatives they need, and the service they deserve. Reply to their emails quickly, answer the phone as often as possible and return voicemails quickly. Get on IM and be there for them at least 5-6 hours a day at a minimum.

If you are looking to be a great affiliate manager and make your affiliates love you, take everything I said and crank it up a notch. Give them your cell phone, answer their emails at 11:00 pm, stay on IM for 12 hours.

Lastly...

LISTEN to them. They will tell you everything you need to know. How do you run an affiliate program? You give them what they want.

What is best for my program is not always best for yours. The guy spending $500 a day on PPC knows what is best though!

Good luck and congratulations on what seems to be some great success so far.
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

thanks for the tips verry help full

Thanks!
    Thanks everyone for your tips.
    Last edited by MichaelColey; July 2nd, 2007 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Removed Manual Signature

As an also-pseudo-newbie, I can't add much to what has already been contributed, but I can tell you this: do exactly what you're doing right now.
    Ask questions - and this is one of the best places to do it.
    After you've asked your questions, listen.
    And after that, do it.

All the know-how in the world isn't worth much if you don't apply it, so take the advice you get here and in Geno's book, and put it into practice. You'll find a balance between the "ideal" and the "practical" quickly enough.

--Dan

What's a parasite?
    I'm sorry, I'm so new here. But I keep on seeing the word "parasite" as I'm browsing through these forums.

I'm a brand new affiliate manager so I'm not exactly caught up in the details, and I'm stuck here at the office while everyone is away at the Affiliate Summit.

I'm assuming parasite means for people that just want to push offers without offering reciprocal traffic?

or is it something worse?

Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

I also remember reading a thread about parasites and it has everyone’s personal definition about what the parasites are, but I can't seem to find it.

Does anyone else know what thread I am talking about?

Thanks Haiko!
    wow! i just clicked on the link and read the Parasiteware! Banner.

That's really not cool, such bad business. From my understanding, relationships in this industry are key in this business, and I don't understand why someone would want to risk that relationship with such shady technology.

What I love about this industry, especially for someone in my position, are the possibilities of forging strong reciprocal and beneficial connections that help everyone involved.

Such a perspective is so much more different for me than from the cutthroat high pressure Fortune 500 environment I came from.

Best Regards,

Roland

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread