3 9.09%
  • Spam is only when it's off topic

1 3.03%
  • Me like spam, especially with mustard

2 6.06%
  • One is too many

23 69.70%
    How much = SPAM?
    Let me know how many emails or post you would class as spam. We can all agree on the same bulk emails we all receive each day. But where does it start. If you read a post or saw an email that had only been sent to say 6 poeple and didn't even have a link to a website, would you class it as spam?

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    A single unsolicited email or posting which is focused around an advertisement, or phishing expedition, is

See more definitions of spam

p.s. You left all the real definitions off your poll.
    Last edited by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound; June 28th, 2007 at 09:54 PM. Reason: add postscript
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador
    How many? One.

Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    ALLAFFILIATEPRO IS A SPAMMER
    This poll makes one think he's proud of it.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

AllAffiliatePro: apparently you just don't get it. You posted a commercial advertisement on a forum where commercial advertisements are not allowed except in a paid section. Several people responded politely, but you brushed them off. After you were criticized further, you tried to defend yourself by claiming that your solicitation was a generous offer to people who'd been mistreated by your competitor. Then you tried to defend it as a "one-off" single occurence post -- and others responded pointing out that you'd made identical posts on 4 or 5 other forums.

Now that you've proven that you are a spammer and a liar, you are trying to distract everyone by pretending that the issue is really "how many emails does it take to be spam?"

Spam is NOT about volume. A single unsolicited commercial email, sent only once, to one person, is still spam. A single commercial post in an online forum, in violation of the forum's rules, is spam.

You are a spammer; you are unethical; you are a liar; you are scum.

Quote Originally Posted by markwelch

AllAffiliatePro: apparently you just don't get it...

Spam is NOT about volume. A single unsolicited commercial email, sent only once, to one person, is still spam. A single commercial post in an online forum, in violation of the forum's rules, is spam.

You are a spammer; you are unethical; you are a liar; you are scum.
    Mark is as detailed as ever.

Geno

P.S.: No wonder why most of the voters in this so-called 'poll' voted for "One is too many".

P.P.S.: It must be an honor to have this many votes in a thread with an average rating "Terrible". :-)

1 solicitation post is spam.

2nd post claiming it "was not meant that way" is weasel water.

Starting separate thread to pose as "innocent" is most likely criminally insane.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    here is another thread

humm?? interesting topic

Oh wow, nothing brightens up a slow Friday afternoon than a hilarious trail of threads from a tenacious spammer.

I bet that's one newbie who (gathered he doesn't get himself banned) won't be getting any privileges anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by AllAffiliatePro
    Let me know how many emails or post you would class as spam. We can all agree on the same bulk emails we all receive each day. But where does it start. If you read a post or saw an email that had only been sent to say 6 poeple and didn't even have a link to a website, would you class it as spam?
    WOW! Another noob that breaks the rules on post#1 and then spends the next 13 posts trying to justify his bad behavior. Hmmm, you haven't figured it our yet? Or are you just so arrogant that you think that you can sway us all to your way of thinking? or are you so stupid that you just don't get it?

Wouldn't it be easier to SHUT UP and take your lumps? Why is it that every spammer thinks that the rules are not meant for them or that you are smarter than everyone else?

Your poll is a joke. Even though you tried to slant it in the direction you wanted it to go it appears that you didn't get the results you wanted. The main question that was missing is "What is your tolerance level for morons that break the rules".

Haiko, boot this tube, he's not funny anymore. He's pathetic.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

AllAffiliatePro has already been booted.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Internet Cowboy
    But I thought he was going to be educated?

ABW Ambassador
    Te He

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    Different person.

But it does illustrate how the response can make a huge difference.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

-rematt
    Last edited by rematt; June 29th, 2007 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Never mind.
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

I'm all for helping people out and getting them to see the light. Sometimes just a little coaching and patience is all it takes. Sometimes people just aren't aware they crossed a line.

But trying to explain anything to someone who just doesn't get it is like teaching a pig to sing. If they can't understand after people have made an effort to help them, they never will.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    Yes, that was someone else, so it's a wrong, I told ya so.

FWIW, I called the CEO of the network to discuss the issue and after a brief time for due dillegence, he called me back with said employee who then re-apologized and promised not to spam ABW again. We'll see.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Nice try Buddy!!! I new something was up when the actual definition of spam was not in your poll!

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    wow, a nice OLD thread about spam....

It is funny that the poll was never fixed. I looked at the choices and laughed before I saw the date.

Quote Originally Posted by Niche Marketer
    Nice try Buddy!!! I new something was up when the actual definition of spam was not in your poll!
    Hey Niche Marketer, I think most of us have better things to do than reading worthless old bumped threads. Please use discretion with your posts...

Thread Closed
    Last edited by Boomers; October 2nd, 2008 at 03:40 PM.

X

23. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread