Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Outsourced Program Manager Angel Djambazov's Avatar
    Pardon Us We Forgot Our Pants
    I was going to post a thread tonight discussing our launch out of beta. Instead, a bit like that apparently common dream where you find yourself naked at some public event, we are experiencing that dreaded fear of any internet company coming out of Beta: server issues on the first day.

Dan and the rest of the team are frenetically working on it as I write these words. I have been informed that the issues are a "small glitch". We do how ever realize that any problems with our servers, however “small”, directly impact your business and we take that very seriously.

I will keep the ABW community posted of the situation. Thank you for your understanding.
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews
    OPM for Keen Shoes and Graphicly.com

http and a telephoto
    Angel naked....

We all have glitches that happen at the worst times... let's look at this as a good omen cause you are getting the bad juju out of the way early

And I love that you guys are working on it instead of passing it off until morning
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

*blush* Thanks Deb, that helped brighten my evening.

Unfortunately it looks like morning might be the keyword. The engineering team is trying to bring everything back to the status it was prior to the problems getting out of hand. We are churning through the process now but with over 10 million items it is not going as fast as we would like. Will keep you posted.
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews

Thanks for the update
    It's refreshing to know you are working on the "glitch." Please let us know when you are up and running again.

The best reason of all for PopShops is that you guys DO understand that empty pages make us crazy and that server issues take the fun out of every big day!

I was so excited to see that you were out of Beta I wanted to come post something here myself. If you're all working on the problem, then it will come together quickly, so don't despair - just keep the coffee flowing and take a few pix so you can laugh at them in a few years.

Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you know that we are still on this issue and have most shops restored. PopShops.com (the main site) will be down as we continue restoring the rest of the shops.

We know which shops are still affected, but if you have a shop that is not rendering correctly and would like to report it, feel free to e-mail at:

support@popshops.com

That e-mail address is the absolute quickest way to get a hold of us and you will get 1-on-1 attention. You can also feel free to give a call at 425-638-2603 or ping us and one of us will call you back.

Sorry again about the inconvenience,

--JessieJ

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    Angel naked....
    Girl, you are SUCH a pervert... I am glad I don't think stuff like that about people.

Wink
    Popshops is do.......

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    Angel naked....
    Popshops? What's that???

I sort of got totally distracted from everything ...

Sue.

Hey Jessie,
    I can't even get into the main site:
    Sorry, this is just a little hiccup. Please hit refresh or wait a few seconds and try again. We're working on fixing the problem.
    SORRY, I just read the rest of your above post
    PopShops.com (the main site) will be down as we continue restoring the rest of the shops.
    [URL=http://www.cafepress.com/rowdyjrt]Rowdy Jack Russell Terrier[/URL]

Hi Folks,

Just to reitrate, our main focus currently is making all of our users shops live. That should be 90% complete. Making the PopShops tool set live is secondary to that. If a your shop is still currently down, please email us at:

support@popshops.com

That e-mail address is the absolute quickest way to get a hold of us and you will get 1-on-1 attention. You can also feel free to give a call at 425-638-2603 or ping us and one of us will call you back.

Thank you.
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews

Good luck on this Angel. It's a great project....
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

I am able to login to PopShops, but I get the occasional "hiccup" message, too. I checked out the new feature that allows you to see which merchants are on what pages and I noticed some merchants I KNOW I hadn't added because I'm not in their programs. It turns out that somehow I have a few totally unrelated products in my stores now from those merchants. I'm assuming that's part of the "glitch", but thought I'd mention it in case it hasn't been brought up thus far. Unfortunately, I deleted the items before coming here to find out about the problems going on.

I also noticed that when upgrading to Pro or Enterprise version, there is only a monthly option and not annual. I'm holding off on upgrading til that gets fixed too, but I'm certainly upgrading! PopShops is a great tool that I plan on using a lot.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Thanks Meadowmufn,

I've noted your issues and forwarded them to our support alias. Most appear to be related to our Naked Angel problem.

- Jessie

I'm missing a feed on 3 of my shops. Should I just wait to see if it comes back online later today? I wasn't sure if you were still fixing things or not.

Thanks,
    Beth

Hi Beth,
    We're still working on them.

Thanks,
    - JessieJ

Ok, no problem, I'll hang tight

Beth

Hi Folks,

I wanted to give you an update. The primary problem concerning our servers impacted the mapping of our products from approximately 1am on the 28th. We have repaired the actual problem. The PopShops' interface is up currently and you can see what products are in your shops. I don't recommend building new shops or expanding your shops quite yet.

However, I do recommend login and taking a gander at your shops. For a few users there might be some weirdness with items they put in the shop being missing or like meadowmuffin pointed out items you didn't put in your shop displaying. This is due to the mapping glitch. We will try to bring the affected shops back to the last saved state (prior to 1am on the 28th). If you do notice weirdness like meadowmuffin pointed out please drop us an email with you shop info to support@popshops.com

We will continue to keep you updated as things stabilize and are resolved.
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews

Hi Folks,

So we are in the final stages of clean-up of what has turned out to me a marathon "glitch". Of all of our products everything is back to normal except for some CJ merchants which we are working on fixing now. We are also creating extra safeguards which we are putting in place so something like this will never impact people's published shops.

By the way, sorry for the long delay between posts, I had login problems to ABW which Haiko bailed me out of. Thanks Haiko!

I will update again later today.
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews

Sorry to hear you had a glitch. Hope you get some rest soon, I know how "glitches" cause lack of sleep. Good to know you guys are on top of it. My stuff looks good, all working.

Don't know how you guys populate your stuff, but now that you got it all working CJ is going to help you out by making changes:

http://help.cj.com/en/web_services/R..._June_2007.htm

Just API stuff in case you missed the email.

Quote Originally Posted by Mack
    Sorry to hear you had a glitch. Hope you get some rest soon, I know how "glitches" cause lack of sleep. Good to know you guys are on top of it. My stuff looks good, all working.

Don't know how you guys populate your stuff, but now that you got it all working CJ is going to help you out by making changes:

http://help.cj.com/en/web_services/R..._June_2007.htm

Just API stuff in case you missed the email.
    Thanks for the heads up Mack we saw that come through. We are working with Cindy Timmons to try and make sure any changes CJ makes we can adapt to.
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews

Hi all,
    Just wanted to add that there are also a few non-CJ products that are still being remapped. Again, if you feel you're missing products from any of your shops, drop a line to support@popshops.com and we'll make sure your products get remapped.

The NAG (Naked Angel Glitch) will go down in PopShops history, that's for sure.

- JessieJ

An update on The Glitch situation. We have good news and bad news. The good news is that we know what happened and know how to ensure that it won't happen again.

The bad news is that this evening we're going to put the site on maintenance mode so that we can tie up some loose ends.

What maintenance mode means is that although you won't be able to access PopShops.com, your shops will serve up as usual and will be unaffected.

If you are a PopShops user and feel that you are experiencing anything unusual or that any problem you have or had has not been addressed, please send an e-mail to support@popshops.com. We are working individually with you to get things back to normal and are happy to hear from you.

I also want to say publicly that I have the best team in the world. The PopShops guys (Dan, Angel, Eric, and, well, you know who you are) are amazing.

- JessieJ

Hi Angel, keep me updated

Hi Folks,

Thanks to the engineering crew pulling long hours this weekend, we can start to put the whole NAG event behind us. PopShops is up and operational. Please feel free to login, look around and update/modify/create shops as normal. We are still missing a handful of CJ products and are trying to resolve that today. Everything else should function as normal.

If it does not please please send an e-mail to support@popshops.com . Thank you.
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews

Hi Folks,

In order to install a variety of fail-safes so nothing like the NAG happens again we will be doing a series of scheduled maintenance this week. During that time the PopShops UI will not be accessible, however your active shops will still be live and unaffected by this maintenance. Majority of scheduled maintenance will happen between 9pm and 12pm PST this week starting tonight.

As always I will keep you posted should any other changes occur.
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast