Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    ....so I'm sitting here typing away on ABW and I see something floating in midair out of the corner of my eye... I turn to look and AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHH!!!

Biggest bleeding spider I have ever seen is lowering itself down from the doorframe to the floor.... now I can't get out of the room!!!!

Which reminds me I need to post a pic of the Python we found in the Garden last month!

HELLPPP!!!

Chris

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    LOL, sorry, can't help ya with spiders, I have an understanding with them: they growl, I run.

"No day is so bad, it can't be fixed with a nap." - Carrie Snow

First it was parasites. Now it is spiders. What is the world coming to? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Every day is a chance to learn something new and a opportunity to teach someone else.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    It's a jungle out there where the best diamonds are found. Surprised you don't had a pet mongoose to test your home office before you enter.

Webmaster Mike

"Anyone can make a dollar, it is when you make sense that it starts to add up."...does your eBiz plan make sense?

Sic the Python on the spider. Or.....start throwing things at it. The monitor should be big enough to atleast scare it away.

I just let the cats have them. One leg here, another leg there. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Kill the spider. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Chris

----------------------------
    Scriptsforyoursite.com - Coming soon
    Featuring datafeed import scripts for Art.com, Coldwater Creek, OverStock.com, Buy.com, TigerDirect and more.....
    Send me a Private Message for more information.

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    I have a few pages that Google didn't spider.
    Now I know why.
    The spider got loose in Thailand. It didn't like the weather here either so it got away there instead.

WW

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.
    Give a man a fish he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish he spends the day drinking beer in the boat.

Spider has run off, which is worse cause now I don't know where it is, it was about big as a CD (leg tip to leg tip that is)

Cheers

Chris

Chris Sanderson
    Mondera.com Partner Management
    90 Return Days : 100% Parasite Free : Fast Support : Commission on ALL Sales.

Visit the Mondera Partner Support Zone : Click Here

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    Hmm, I knew I shouldn't have let Igor out of his cage. Been wondering where he went to. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground

Oh no. it's back, it's on the wall about 3 foot away. sitting there...looking.....hungry.....

Sounds like you need a praying Mantis the size of Godzilla to eat that one. Call Orkin or use a shotgun.

Webmaster Mike

"Anyone can make a dollar, it is when you make sense that it starts to add up."...does your eBiz plan make sense?

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Chris,

Now you've got me humming "I don't like Spiders or Snakes"

At least if he's that big, it will be hard for him to hide. Get you a can of Raid and just wait for him to show again. A properly thrown shoe will do the job just as well.

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

Spoken like a real cajun swamp girl.

Webmaster Mike

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Get you a can of Raid and just wait for him to show again. A properly thrown shoe will do the job just as well.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cause you want to p!ss this beast off AND give it a weapon to beat you with!

I suggest fleeing.
    And no, I am not afraid of spiders, I happen to be allergic. I get sweaty, my heart races and I run away screaming like a little girl. It's an allergic reaction. Really it is.

Game on!!!!

ROFL at you guys. Shoot we've got cockroaches that could give that spider a run for it's money. And what's worse, is those big roaches fly! Nothing worse than innocently walking through your house and have one of those son of guns come flying down from the ceiling and buzz you.

I'm telling you, the shoe approach works wonders. Even if you aren't the best aim in the world, it will usually at least maim them, so you can then go in for the kill. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I'll usually let small spiders live, as they help to keep the number of other annoying insects and bugs to a minimum. But the black widows or brown recluses have to go. Mainly because they can send you to the hospital in a blink of an eye.

ABW Ambassador
    Just whack it with a diamond.

Spider hardness only about 1.6

All around the mulberry bush the monkey chased the weasel

Chris, I really don't like spiders, after finding a rather large one in my knickers I'd just taken off the washing line.
    I was putting them on when I felt something papery...got them off in record time to find a spider the size of a man's hand:eek:

I proceeded to throw boots and shoes at it, used almost a whole can of bug spray on it till it was white and it was still rearing up !

It was about that time I started to feel really bad, it scared the wits out of me, but I did the same to it!
    So I invented the spider catcher, it's simple effective.
    Just get a large round tupperware bowl,like a cake container, cut a hole in the center, attach a wooden broom or mop pole to it.
    When a bug comes along, grab the pole, cover the bug with the catcher, slide a piece of cardboard under the bowl and you can take the creature outside;)

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris - Mondera/WSO:
    it was about big as a CD (leg tip to leg tip that is)

Cheers

Chris

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OMG!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] eeekkkk

Oh man, and I thought we had big bugs in Texas!
    Hope you get it!

Vicki [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

But if the arrow is straight and the point is slick,
    It can pierce through dust no matter how thick. dylan

LOL @ Deelz!!!

When it comes to spiders, I usually take Mousejockey's route - catch it in a plastic container, slip cardboard underneath and set it free outside. Something the size of a CD, however... man, I dunno what I'd do. In a million years I wouldn't want to come close enough to something that big to catch it in a container of any sort. ::shudder::

Guess I won't be coming to Thailand anytime soon... not to mention the Amazon - river, not website, that is! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

J

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I've always liked spiders. That one (The one in Thailand) sounds a lot cooler than the little weenies that live in Michigan! I wonder what I'd feed one that's so big? Tomato Hornworm Moths? Rodents?

It's the most wonderful time of the year! ~From a "Golden Era" Christmas Song

[Edited for clarity]

[This message was edited by Leader on December 16, 2002 at 07:28 PM.]

@MJ,

One the size of a hand in your knickers? Now that sounds like something that could cause psychological scars. :::shudders::: It's one thing for them to be on the wall, but another thing entirely if they are cohabiting in your intimate appearal. :::shudders again:::

Chris?? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Akiva Bergstrom
    Business Development
    akiva@essentialapparel.com
    800-556-2937 ext 751
    www.essentialapparel.com

ROTLMAO! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Jeeesh, I haven't laughed this hard in a longg time. Ummm, Cris! Better you than me. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I'm allergic to them also, lol.

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    Umm you mean men are scared of spiders?? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Spider, and snakes don't bother me, but don't bring a mouse within a mile of me,unless you wanna see how fast I can climb on to the roof.

The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]Allergic, dagnabit, I'm allergic [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Game on!!!!

Chris......

spiders can JUMP, you know.....

Colin

mozart-heals.com
    http://www.mozart-heals.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast