Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Christian Fellowship Breakfast July 8th at Summit
    The newly formed Christian Affiiate Marketing Association is presenting the Christian Fellowship Breakfast. Here are the details:

What: Christian Fellowship Breakfast
    When: 9:00 am - 10:30 am
    Where: the Trade Room at the Hotel Intercontinental
    Cost: FREE - but registration is required.

Following up on the success of the first Christian Brunch at Summit West, we're gathering again to enjoy great food, good friends and fellowship.

We'll have information on some of the new developments in affiliate marketing in the Christian niche, expose to some great Christian offers, and talk a bit about the new Christian Affiliate Marketing Association (CAMA)

Most of all, we'll break bread together and have a relaxing and hopefully inpirational calm before the storm.

Registration starts at 9:00 am and the breakfast buffet will open at 9:30.

Seating is limited, so please sign up as soon as you can at www.christianaffiliatemarketingassociation.com

Thanks to our sponsors!

IBS Direct, Andy Rodriguez, BooksforChristians.com, SimplyYouthMinistry.com, Manna Marketing and the United Sharing Network
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

Thanks Wade! I'm signed up and looking forward to it!

A couple things you might want to fix:

1) I'm assuming that the "ABW Nickname" on the signup is optional. Many affiliates don't like to maintain their anonymity. You might want to clarify which fields are optional.

2) When I tried to sign up, I got a popup. I assume that's part of the signup process, and I wasn't sure if I got registered or not, so I enabled popups and registered again. (I may be registered twice, in which case you can delete one.) If you can eliminate the popup, you might want to.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Many affiliates don't like to maintain their anonymity
    I always thought it was the opposite.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

Doh! Good catch. I started to say "don't like to reveal their identities" and thought it would be more accurate to say "like to maintain their anonymity", but I forgot to remove the "don't".
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Handle
    Michael, that field is not required.

Also - the pop up is just the confirmation page for the submission of the Aeber form.

We've got about 15 signed up so far

There is room for about 60 folks and we can bump it up a bit as needed.

Make that 16. I'm in.

Wade, I'll bring you a copy of the book too (thanks for your PM).

Geno

Wade,

I signed up but did not get a confirmation email or a popup. I got an email that you sent me a pm but apparently I dont have enough posts to check it (that is really weird).

so hit me on gtalk

carl

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    I hope I have been part of this community long enough to say what I want to say in all sincerity without having a problem.

What I have to say is pretty simple, firstly you don't have to be a christian to exploit the christian market and if that is what you want to do that is a good thing. There is alot of money to get in that market and if you are so inclined I say go for it.

But, on the other hand, "do business as Christians and be a shining light in the affiliate marketing industry" is a big mistake. Not everyone is a Christian and to do business to exclude non-christians will just cost you money. I have no problem with being family friendly. This is a religion nuetral status. I suppose it means , no sexual reference and no gambling reference. All of my sites have been family friendly, but to be overtly christian, just to be christian on a general site is a big mistake.

So I guess what I'm saying is that being family friendly is a good thing, but the extra step of showing your christendom on your general secular site isn't.

P.S.
    I know this post will be moved somewhere, I suppose it belongs somewhere else, but the meeting is what instigated the post and I don't think without the meeting posts this makers sense. I didn't want to just start a topic and make it sound likie I against christianness. I think that is what would ahve happened if I just started a post somewhere else. So when it's moved, everyone remember this was a comment on the pre-summit christian meeting, not something I came to ABW to talk about.
    Last edited by oranges; June 29th, 2007 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Added P.S.
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

@oranges - First of all, just wanted to say that i did not find you post offensive at all and don't see why it should be moved. But I think you misunderstand the breakfast. It is a time of fellowship for Christians. Not a meeting to exploit the christian market.

As far as christian verse family friendly sites, again, I think you are missing some things.

There is a fairly well defined Christian niche and to not market specifically to them would be pretty silly. How well would bibles sell on your family friendly sites? How about t-shirts with scriptures on them? There are people selling them, it would make sense to market them to the niche that buys them.

I want to go to the breakfast and meet some people in the industry who have met Jesus. If I make some business contacts or learn a marketing tip, all the better. But in the end, I am looking for like minded fellowship.

Quote Originally Posted by expo
    Wade,

I signed up but did not get a confirmation email or a popup. I got an email that you sent me a pm but apparently I dont have enough posts to check it (that is really weird).

so hit me on gtalk

carl

Found it in the spam box. all good now

There is a fairly well defined Christian niche and to not market specifically to them would be pretty silly. How well would bibles sell on your family friendly sites? How about t-shirts with scriptures on them? There are people selling them, it would make sense to market them to the niche that buys them.
    That is what I meant by exploiting the Christian market and you don't have to be a Christian to do it. A meeting of marketers to discuss this topic is a good idea and shouldn't be restricted to just christians, but anyone who thinks they can sell these products. Alkthough I suspect that those who are christians probably could do it best :-)

I want to go to the breakfast and meet some people in the industry who have met Jesus. If I make some business contacts or learn a marketing tip, all the better. But in the end, I am looking for like minded fellowship.
    Well if you meet as many people as can, some will be christian some won't be. In the context of affiliate marketing does it really matter which is which? Will you discriminate those who r not christian?

and mostly I have a problem with this quote
    do business as Christians and be a shining light in the affiliate marketing industry
    Business as a good person or business as a moral person or business as a nice person etc are not christain exclusive values. You don't have to be a christian to project any of those values. The only thing that Christianity is exclusive of is believe in Jesus and unless you are selling tshirts with scriptures on them (new testiment only) or bibles proclaiming your personal christianity on an affiliate site is not a good idea.

I still think that promoting family friendliness on your site is a better seller or general merchandise than promoting ones christianity.
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

http and a telephoto
    Moo, it's a brunch for a group of people that want to explore a specific niche. If you wanted to have a cow lovers brunch, no one would be posting like you are right now.

Take a chill pill.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I would personally take offense at a cow lovers brunch.

If that's going to be happening, I will make a big deal out of it on ABW. I don't like cows, that's why I eat them.

Moo is correct, look at the sentiment, not the content.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

(post accidentally went through before i was done)

Sorry, but in my opinion if you don't want to attend a Christian-oriented event, then don't. There will be plenty of time to meet with a more general audience. This is a day in and day out thing, however. If it was a Muslim, Buddhist or likewise based event, I can't imagine it being questioned (just like in day to day life in the U.S.). But Christianity is the one thing that can be, and is always, questioned in the U.S without much arguement.

If you feel you have the same values as, but do not consider yourself as, a Christian, then that's perfectly good. I applaud it. Can Christians simply not get together for fellowship, breakfast and whatever else may come to light without being in question?

Sorry Haiko, sorry AffiliateWarrior for ruining your thread, and sorry to anyone else who takes offense to my opinion. If I knew I'd be awake at 9 (I'll be coming off a 10+ hour drive on Friday so I'm not sure) then I'd attend myself. This is just an every day thing in the U.S. when it frankly shouldn't be.

I hope all goes well at this get-together, and I will remove myself from the conversation as I've said my piece.

Shesh I should just let this die out, for a simple reason. I' can't make it to the summit east this year. So whether or not it takes place reallyu doesn't matter to me. But this being said.

I said it two times before and so I'll say it a third time. A meeting put together by merchants who specifically sell christian articles is a very good thing. There is lots of money to be made serving this niche market and those who have the skills and desire (well the desire) to build sites to exploit (and I mean exploiut in a good way) this market should attend this meeting. Whether or not they are christians or not. Does anyone disagree with this statement.

But in the context of the affiliate summit whose purpose is to establish relationships with as many people as possible so as to find ways to earn more money in the future, why would one want to, as the first thing one does, is to go to a group that is exclusionary on the issue of religion? The people you should want to meet at the summit are those who because you know them can earn you the most money.

I'll use myself as an example since as stated above I'll miss this summit. But lets say, I see that a bunch of the people who are attending are some friends or people I just want to meet or I want to sell bibles and scripture tshirts and wanted to go. Would you turn me away? Say no Cult of the Dead Cow allowed??? If you wouldn't, then all is fine. A bunch of affiliates meeting to discuss a niche is good. But if you would exclude me, what does that say about you?

I suspect except for the articles that the merchants want to sell, there will be very little talking about jesus or christianity at all. So what we have here, is a group of people who want to exclude other people on the basis of religion. If this is not the case, then all you have to do, is say, we are meeting to discuss the niche of the christian market, all welcomed.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    re: mobileboy
    If it was a Muslim, Buddhist or likewise based event, I can't imagine it being questioned (just like in day to day life in the U.S.). But Christianity is the one thing that can be, and is always, questioned in the U.S without much arguement.
    This is the same crap that the KKK says when it justifies a meeting of only white people. Is that really your sentiment? But interestingly enough there are no such meetings at the summit this year or as far as I know any year so why bring it up?

-----------------------------------------
    One last thing, being it in FL and all and since my nick is back to what it was years ago, I would have a citrus lovers brunch although I do hear that FL does have the second most cows in the nation so maybe it would be a duo cow/citrus lovers brunch.
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

I don't think Wade is trying to exclude anyone. I might be overstepping my bounds here, but I believe everyone is welcome to sign up for the brunch (at least until they reach capacity), whether they're a Christian or not. I think the purpose of the brunch, though, is more for Christian fellowship than promoting Christian merchants (although that will be part of it, too).
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

ABW Ambassador
    ChristianAffiliateMarketers.com

The Community for Christian Affiliate Marketers

The Christian Affiliate Marketers Association (CAMA) invites you to kick off Affiliate Summit East with a morning of food, friends and fellowship.
    That about sums it up.

...conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ; so that whether I come and see you or remain absent, I may hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel; Philippians 1:27 (NASB)
    It is what it is, and it isn't what it isn't. And this is what it is:

The newly formed Christian Affiiate Marketing Association is presenting the Christian Fellowship Breakfast.
    Couldn't be plainer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by webworker; July 1st, 2007 at 01:47 AM.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    I don't think Wade is trying to exclude anyone. I might be overstepping my bounds here, but I believe everyone is welcome to sign up for the brunch (at least until they reach capacity), whether they're a Christian or not. I think the purpose of the brunch, though, is more for Christian fellowship than promoting Christian merchants (although that will be part of it, too).
    Exactly ....
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

I don't think anyone is doubting the impetus nor the thrust, just the it's initial presentation, nothing else.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Andy, Lox, and Expo,

Thanks for jumping in here. We're not looking to exlude anyone here. The opposite is true - anyone is welcome. We're not looking to preach at anyone either.

Yes, we'll make information available on some of the programs and networks available to affiliates who are interested in marketing products and services to the Christian market. It's an affiliate marketing conference we're all attending after all.

Yes, we know that anyone can exploit the Christian market (or any other niche market)and this is something I am passionate about - exposing Merchants with non-Christian offers and business practices who target this niche.

All of the people I am working with in terms of planning the event and sponsoring it are folks that I have faith are doing it for the right reason.

I invite anyone who wants to find out more to sign up and join us at the event.

Oranges - to answer a question you raised in a post above.

If as an affiliate you just want to promote Bibles, Christian t-shirts to make money, I don't know of any merchant in the space that would have an issue with that - with some limitations.

As a rep from a Christian niche network and a manager of a Christian cothign company - if the content on the sites you applied with were inappropriate or not keeping with our branding, we'd probably turn you down, but I don't know of any merchants with a litmus test that requires a faith statement and certificate of Baptism or anything.

ABW Ambassador
    Please forgive me if I'm out of line, and feel free to remove this post if it's deemed to be inappropriate; but I feel that this needs to be said, and I just can't find any peace or get anything done until it is said. As Christians we're "mandated" to be instant in season and out of season, and to always be prepared to defend the gospel, in truth and in meekness.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.(Romans 1:16 KJV)
    So if it's a gospel fellowhip, what's the gospel?

you don't have to be a Christian to do it
    No you don't, but what and who is a Christian and what does a Christian believe, anyway? A Christian is someone who has personally accepted Jesus as their personal Lord and Saviour, and believes that He died for their sins, was buried and rose again the third day, and that according to the scriptures, by believing on Him there's a promise of Eternal Life. That's salvation.

It has nothing to do with being family friendly and nothing to do with religion - it's a matter of personal faith and relationship - and nobody is twisting anyone's arm, or requiring anything or pushing anything on anyone. It's cordial enough and is obviously "whosoever will, let them come." No strings attached.

...meeting of marketers to discuss this topic is a good idea and shouldn't be restricted to just christians, but anyone who thinks they can sell these products. Alkthough I suspect that those who are christians probably could do it best :-)
    First, the meeting isn't being resricted to just Christians - obviously, it's plain in the first post that everyone is invited and welcome. Secondly, sure anyone can market the products, no doubt some very successfully; but it's Christians who can be anointed to market the products - there's a difference between the two. But that's irrelevant at this point except to say that it's probably a lot easier to have a page selling books on intercessory prayer if the author can reference and explain "I have set thee a watchman on the wall" from Jeremiah and give a few instances from the book of Acts - like the jailhouse caper. Not necessary, but more than likely helpful for pre-sell when targeting a particular niche audience.

Incidentally, Women Aglow International has been around for ages, and likewise Full Gospel Businessmen International - and there are people in all types of businesses in all walks of life that belong to them and enjoy them. But they're organizations with members who choose to belong, they are not organizations set up to market to people in the niche. Same with Christian Booksellers Association - that wouldn't necessarily include Target just because they happen to sell bibles.

"do business as Christians and be a shining light in the affiliate marketing industry" is a big mistake.
    It isn't a mistake, it's derived directly from the scripture that's mentioned in the logo graphic of the organization's website - that was fully quoted a few posts back. It's no mistake for the average Christian, since Christianity is a Bible-based belief system primarily based on a scriptural worldview and value system. It's not for everyone, it's all strictly a personal choice.

I hope I have been part of this community long enough to say what I want to say in all sincerity without having a problem.
    Yes you have been, and probably others might be thinking the same thing, and yes you also certainly deserve to have your concerns responded to as fully as possible.

BTW, the word for fellowshipping is koinonia, which roughly translated meets getting together and shmoozing.

Again, I apologize If I've been out of line, and stand corrected if need be; but sometimes misunderstandings about words that are commonly thrown around just need to be defined.

Webworker, I think you did a heck of a job in that post.

Thanks for chiming in. Are you joining us at Summit?

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateWarrior
    Are you joining us at Summit?
    Unfortunately no, and that means I don't get to tell you why Baptists are going up in the Rapture first.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast