Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    If you have multiple websites how many of you use more than one webhost.
    I have found a few good hosts for multiple domain hosting, but too chicken to put all domains on one host in case something goes wrong.
    My own server is not an option , would have no idea what to do with it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground

I keep a copy of all of my websites on my hard drive. If the host goes down looses it all I can have it back fairly soon. If I have to change hosts I have a way of doing so right away.

Let Fear Be Far from All

I have two, my site with the biggest PR and hits is on one host, and all the others are sitting in a reseller account.

________
    Please leave my port 137 alone.

I use 3 different hosts but have the majority (70%) of my sites on the same host. I'm looking for another good multidomain host. Any ideas?

All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then Success is sure.
    - M. Twain

ABW Ambassador
    4 different hosts used here.

ABW Ambassador
    Oh man.. things all over... tend to "loose" track

--
    The Newer Nicer Joseph [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

One dedicated server, 20+ domains. Backup is critical, I actually use a version control system that is available via the web so I can access the pages from anywhere. Also having a registrar that you can quickly change nameservers (reliably) is a benefit, in case your host company does go down (or under).

Greg

I've been running everything through a single hoster for the past couple years, but now that I plan to move from ASP to PHP, I'm obviously rethinking the options as well.
    I already use enom for registration, since I really like their DNS control panel - lets me control everything about the DNS records and changes seem to propogae fast. I've never used the DNS services of the host, simply too slow and restrictive.
    My goal is to settle on 2 hosters - 1 very reliable high-capacity solution with a dedicated IP, that in a pinch I can point the other domains to and use different includes in the index.php file for the different domains.
    The second host could be a half-rung down the scale, but would be a semi-dedicated server or virtual reseller account - ie. A big block of storage and capacity (but not dedicated) with the ability to set up separate IP's (for a small fee usually) for however many virtual accounts I needed. I would get separate log files for each IP account, but the total volume would be combined across all the IP's.
    The selection for suppliers of the high-reliability server is pretty straight-forward. I'll probably just set up a linux account with Interland where my current ASP account is. They have not had any down time for over 6 months for me.

But the shared solution is a bit harder to find. I would appreciate any feedback on two vendors I have located:
    http://www.mattcas.com/multiplehosting.shtml
    and
    http://www.anhosting.com/hosting/reseller.htm

L4

L4

Personal motto - In every situation, leave someone or something better than you found it.

Look4,
    The only host that I can recommend that I use for multiple domains is httpme.com, never a problem and great support.
    However I don't want to have all my eggs in one basket so to speak.
    I went thru webhostingtalk.com and they have a pretty good review of the top reseller hosts there, or you can request a quote for hosting.
    There are a few snakey resellers there but for the most part some good deals and reliable hosts.

WOW, Can You Believe it? Both the servers where i have hosted my sites are under DOS Attack [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] No Wonder i see a fall in sales today.

Having multiple server A/c is a must i believe.

ABW Ambassador
    I am up to 5 hosts including my two dedicated servers that serve content

If you need a dedicated, check out rackshack.net
    $99-$119 /mo dedicated server (various linux os's), 400GB bandwidth - full root and control. You can load whatever you want. Multiple IP's are cheap too.

Homenethelp,
    I had looked at them already but I am so technologically challenged unless it has Cpanel/WHM I would probably crash the darn thing on a daily basis. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    JustDoIt -

Thank you! You saved my @ss this week. (I told an @-hole webhost to F off, and he did!)

All around the mulberry bush the monkey chased the weasel

Deelz,
    I don't know what I did but you are welcome??

ABW Ambassador
    JustDoIt - PM sent.

Sometimes we benefit just as much from something that somebody says as from something that somebody does.

All around the mulberry bush the monkey chased the weasel

Now I got it.. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread