Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    WalterDrake tracked at Linkshare
    I have had serious suspicions of tracking issues in the past with WDrake (and their sister company, theHomeMarketplace) especially at Performics, but also at CJ. Now that WDrake has left both programs and HM has left Performics and is soon to leave CJ, for LS, and I have been replacing their old links with new LS links, I decided to make a purchase at WDrake.

With LS, you never know when a sale will appear, as each merchant seems to have a totally different reporting timetable.

I was thus astounded with the results.

I completed my purchase just after 6:00 pm PDT yesterday evening, and the sale came up in the LS Product Success Report three hours later, just after 9:00 pm PDT, though it was reported as a sale occuring on June 30 at 1:02 am EDT.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador
    What is the exact date and time displayed on the Individual Item Report which will appear in Greenwich Mean Time? It should be July 1 based on the time of your purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    What is the exact date and time displayed on the Individual Item Report which will appear in Greenwich Mean Time? It should be July 1 based on the time of your purchase.
    My purchase was now two days ago, on June 29 at 6:02 pm PDT, the LS report for the purchase appeared at 9:02 pm PDT on June 29, and had a reported time and date of 1:02 am on June 30.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

ABW Ambassador
    That's exactly how it should be. The 1:02 a.m. is GMT, not EDT. PDT is GMT -7.

When I replied before, I didn't realize you posted yesterday morning. I thought you post this morning.

I've always been confused as to the time zone LS reports in. As with this purchase, the time reported was four hours later than the PDT time that it came up, but GMT is seven hours later than PDT (thus Pacific time is GMT-7).

ABW Ambassador
    You said you purchased at 6:02 p.m. PDT which equates to 1:02 a.m. GMT the following day which is the exact time that appears on your report. The time it actually showed up on your report (you said 9:02 p.m. PDT) is irrelevant because some merchants report hourly, some daily, some when the product ships, etc. This isn't unique to Linkshare.

Update
    My test orde was made on 6/30. Right after, I got an email confirmation of the order.

A couple of times last week, I put my order number into "Order Status" on the WDrake site, and the response was "No Orders are found".

This afternoon, I received an email dated 7/7 that my order had shipped (a week later) and that it would be received in 5-7 days. I went back to wdrake.com "Order Status", and got the same message: "No Orders are found".

hmmm.

We'll see in 5-7 days.

Meanwhile I'll be checking my credit card account to see if the charge is there.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread