Sales way down today?
    Sales on CJ are 20% today of what I normally experience. Same amount of clicks across the board but sales and conversions down across all merchants.

Is anyone else seeing something similar?

Mine were crummy for the first part of the day but picked up nicely in the evening.

Internet Cowboy
    Consumers are in the twilight zone between vacations, holidays and preparing for the back to school season. If you are in the consumer goods business expect slacking sales from now until September, especially apparel. Concentrate on pushing summer sale items. While certain sectors are on fire (swimsuits, beachwear, school uniforms etc.) the apparel market as a whole is pretty slow in mid to late summer. My average sale in apparel falls drastically this time of year. One day last week my txn count was great, but overall revenue for the day stunk. I hate those days.
    This slowdown always serves as a reminder to me that I soon need to be ready for Q4.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    In all honesty, I would expect today and this upcoming week to be a slower period. With the 4th falling on Wednesday, some will be off before and up to the 4th and others will be taking the 4th thru the 8th off, so I'd anticipate a slow down from now until a week from Monday. Typical stuff around the national holidays...

I also agree with Scoot that summer is a slow down with certain goods. July and August in particular. Reminds us all that when times are good, put some acorns aside for a rainy day.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Yep, way down here too, and wondering if it's just a delay in reporting due to the huge CJ server issues earlier today. I just had the 2 best days I've seen since the holiday season, and today I had the same amount of clicks, but a really bad conversion rate (I do not believe it's due to the upcoming holiday, as the clicks are consistent) .

yesterday was absolutely no sales at all day.

Probably because of 4th of July holiday. I haven't sold anything today yet too.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    saturday was slow for me too, but it'll all come back - just a holiday thang.

2 sales... damn it is slow!!

Slow for me too...

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Good week
    We actually had one of our best days of the year late last week ... of course we are new so that does not mean much I suppose.

Used to own a chain of retail stores. August was our 2nd best month of the year. December the best and November a close 3rd.

Same problems with Verizon. Thus concluding CJ is having some serious issues with servers on their end of things. Why an update mid-day?! 6-9? Come on that is prime surfing time. Something is smelling really fishy and we are the laymen taking the hit. Something needs to be done.

Internet Cowboy
    I am not seeing anything out of the ordinary, just the usual sluggish summertime sales.

I'm not seeing a drop in traffic with my PPC campaigns, I'm seeing a drop in conversion rate. That's what is weird to me, but I can take a hit for a few days after one of my best weeks ever.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    I am not seeing anything out of the ordinary, just the usual sluggish summertime sales.
    samehere.

my sales have been slow since the 6th.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread