Hello everyone its time for the showdown I need all the feedback I can get from affilaites on what their Favortie network is and why. We are going to make a decision to go with linkshare or CJ. The problem with CJ seems to be the communication between the Merchant and Affiliate. Or would you just keep it in house? Please give me all the feedback good or bad that you can.

John Solamito
    Affiliate Program Manager
    www.datecam.com
    www.datedollars.com - Affiliate program for Datecam
    johns@datecam.com
    C 206-920-5646

I don't like either.
    I use shareasale.

Gabe
    www.1lovecards.com

If you are just starting out, probably CJ. Affiliates like those consolidated checks. They will be more willing to give you a fair try if they feel they will be paid for all sales with no minimum.

My best performing merchant, year in, year out, is one that I would have never even tried except that I needed something at the time. I used them as filler when much to my surprise, they started making money for me. If it weren't for the consolidated checks, I probably would not have even put their simple little money making banner up. I would have waited for something I felt more sure of.

When people see you are a proven money maker, then you might re-consider. At that point, go to an in-house program and open a forum here.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

In my own personal opinion, the only thing CJ has left going for themselves from an affiliate's standpoint is that they offer consolidated checks and have never once been late with a payment to me in 4 years.

At one time, again in my opinion, CJ was the leader in this genre. Over the last couple of years, this year in particular, I think they've just dropped the ball too many times when it comes to affiliate concerns and, as a result, have lost quite a bit of affiliate support. (I base this comment from the numerous comments/concerns that I routinely see posted on this and other affiliate forums, especially with regard to publishers (parasites?) such as ebates.)

Linkshare has also had its share of ups and down over the years, but this past year they seem to be making a solid effort at improving things there from an affiliate's point of view. I've personally enjoyed using their system again this past year and see Linkshare as having regained their place as the leader in this genre.

As a merchant, you have to also consider the cost factor involved. As far as I know, it is much more expensive to get started initially with Linkshare.

As an affiliate of several networks, I personally prefer Linkshare over any of them. Once Linkshare offers consolidated payments, then its just no contest as far as I am concerned.

I agree with the previous post.

CJ's consolidated payments put it at the top, but that's the ONLY reason, in my opinion.

If the other networks offered consolidated payments, I think they would see a lot more support from publishers. (Hint, hint...)

A lot of the changes at CJ recently are unfriendly to publishers, and their support of affiliates that have the ability to take commissions from ethical publishers place them in a position where they are being scrutinized for their honesty.

They really aren't a trusted third party any longer.

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I like shareasale.com, much less expensive, they took a great stance against parasites without delaying for months, and I found them VERY easy to work with when I started up my affiliate program.

"No day is so bad, it can't be fixed with a nap." - Carrie Snow

Linkshare

Let Fear Be Far from All

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> CJ's consolidated payments put it at the top <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Ditto

CJ sucks big time, they don't care about affiliate interests, their links are blocked by 10's of millions of internet users, they don't take any action against parasite companies. I've had payments delayed several times.

Seeing that you are a merchant, CJ are perfect for you!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JJJay:
    CJ sucks big time, they don't care about affiliate interests, their links are blocked by 10's of millions of internet users, they don't take any action against parasite companies. I've had payments delayed several times.

Seeing that you are a merchant, CJ are perfect for you!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahah

the irony here is that cj is sooo merchant friendly that pretty soon, they may not have a very good affiliate base left. then where will all the merchants go.

brian, did you hear me??

get ready!

If your a small merchant, go with ShareASale.
    They are pretty cheap. have consolidated checks for the affilates. The Merchant Pages suck though. Poor Reporting Features and Affiliate Management is labor intensive.

If your are medium size merchant or new in affiliate marketing, go with CJ.
    They have consolidated checks for affiliates. A huge publisher base and a lot of automation features to reduce the manual labor involved.
    The Reporting is also great.

If you are a big Merchant, go with BeFree.

When you are doing an affiliate program for a while and it works out great, build your own affiliate program and take the good affiliates with you.

Carsten

Shop-Links.net Partner
    http://www.shop-links.net

If you can't move things, try harder!

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread