Affiliate Manager
    Newbie I am.....Please help
    Hello fellow ABW friends,

So far my experience here has been a good one. Everyone has been great. With being new to this I really don't know what questions to ask, and don't know who to go to ask them.

I would like to ask everyone if they could let me know 1 thing that they look for or ask for when applying to be an affiliate. I am just so overwhealmed with all of this. I am very interested in doing this because it looks like a fun way to make money. Having no experience and dial-up connection to research with it can be a little frustrating.

Well I look forward to seeing you responses and if anyone would like to take me under their wing and push in the right direction.

I want to start getting this off the ground because I see dollar signs just don't know what direction they are coming from. I am a Eager Beaver

HELP!!!!!!!

thank you The Affiliate Padawan

Hello The Affiliate Padawan, I would apply to programs that fit within your chosen niche ... and then blossom out from there.
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

Quote Originally Posted by DesignerWiz
    I would apply to programs that fit within your chosen niche ... and then blossom out from there.
    To say it a different way and to add to that...
    What are your hobbies? What are you passionate about? That's how you would choose your niche.. what you want to focus on. Because it's a loooong road from here to making gobs of cash. It takes dedication and perseverance... and if you love the topic for the topic's sake... it makes things A LOT easier and much more fun.

Then, when you decide what you like, you have to decide how you are going to "do it". Common ways in increasing difficulty are Blog, HTML Website, Community Forum / Bulletin board, and many more options if you are technically inclined.

Next step is to find affiliate programs that match your interest and promotion style. You can start with the networks such as ShareASale.com and CJ.com. Or you know, a little more work, but probably better payoff would be to look at each of the OPMs here http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=236 and look at the programs they manage. [Maybe you like cooking and you can promote gourmet food on your site. ;-) ]

There's lots of details to each of these steps.. the first thing you need to decide what whatdaya like?

Hope this helps get you pointed in the right direction.

~Bob

Affiliate Manager
    Bob,

Yes that does give me a better understanding on where to start. I am not that technically incline, but am trying to learn alot on that note as well. I am a full time student as well as a full time employee. I am doing this because it seems fun and you can do it from home.

Thank you for you input and look forward to hearing more of it.

The Affiliate Padawan

The Affiliate Padawan,

Most of the successful affiliates find a way to offer a service to their visitors and then monetize the traffic. People who have a use for your online property will come back time and again. The easiest way to build a good service oriented site is exactly as Rainmaker suggested, pour you talent, energy and expertise into a site about something that you already love to do.

Think of your site as a cable channel and show commercials on your cable channel that your viewers will be interested in buying.

Remember, everyone in Affiliate marketing had a first day the trick is to have a next day.

To your success!
    David Carter
    MagazinesQuick.com

Hi The Affiliate Padawan,

This is along the same lines as the other posts. My first test of an affiliate program is would I buy their products/services & if so then check to see what other affiliate programs also sell those product/services. I think if you find a program with both product you like and benefits you like then that the program to go with.

Good Luck
    Andy

Make sure the product is something you can support and promote. Also, make sure you keep your focus and don't let other things drift you away from your promotions. That has been the biggest problem for me and I am just starting to track down the errors in my ways of doing things. Focus is probably the most important thing because it dedicates you to the task and will show potential clients that you are indeed the expert at hand and would want to learn from you.

Best regards,

Butch Weber
    Need Money, Get your own ATM!

Hey Butch,
    First welcome to ABW.
    I did want to mention though, there are rules about adding manual sigs to your posts.
    Just wanted to let you know.
    Cheers
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

Yes thanks for letting me know. I found out later in another thread. I feel like such a newbie! I didn't see the rule but also didn't see any Sig in the editing of profiles so I manually added a sig. I will refrain!

Best regards,

Butch Weber

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread