How many sites do you have?
    I was reading another post and it got me wondering. How many websites do other ABW'ers run? Are they all specifically aimed at generating revenue?

I've currently got 8 sites that are fully developed and generating revenue, or at least trying to . A couple others are in process, still working on design and content.

I've got another that is just for me to 'let it out'. I don't think it will ever be a revenue based site as it's content is all over the place.

So, I guess I've currently got 11 sites in total.

I've got dozens of domain names that I'm planning to build out, but still struggle with just what to do with them and how to monetize the site once I do it.

http and a telephoto
    lol, I'll never tell.... I have too many... And then there is the whole sites vs number of domains issue... too many of those undeveloped also.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I have about 20 domains, 2 developed making no money looking to jumpstart those in a big way. (I have been posting here like a madman) One new, looking to delevop that to be my ticket out of my 9-5. The others were purchased because I though the domain names would be good to develpo. I also manage a few sites for other people.

I'd be willing to partner with fellow ABWers on a few of my domains. PM me if interest in the domain names.

Thanks,
    Doug

At any given time, I have many dozens of domains, some with active sites that generate traffic, others just incubators and experiments, some are little more than parked, and I think a few are actually just parked.

I draw revenue from about a dozen domains, although 90% comes from two of them (one of which is currently listed for sale on eBay).

I also have a couple of "personal" domains, which are just for fun, with no revenue links at all, and there are some sections on my main site ("my name" dot com) which are really non-commercial also.

ABW Ambassador
    I know RAE can be controversial BUT this post just seems to fit here:
    http://www.sugarrae.com/blog/how-to-...ate-evolution/

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Rae is one of the most brilliant minds I have ever had the pleasure to discuss things with. I could find plenty of things to argue about with her, but mainly because I'd want the chance to interact with her again and again. And in most cases, she'd hog tie my brain using just the tip of her left pinky toe. She's a pioneer who continues to reinvent herself and to stay miles ahead of most everyone else.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Oh no not more about content and quote the "value of a site"

ABW Ambassador
    >>Oh no not more about content and quote the "value of a site"

Beating the "F" out of banners..........duh

http and a telephoto
    lol, yes, more about how unique content is the way of the future. I like her
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

http://www.cellrants.com
    http://www.hardwaregeeks.com (.net .org)
    http://www.geekadverts.com (runs my adserver)
    http://www.hwgserver.com (server for hardwaregeek.com)
    http://www.michaeljreyes.us (my weird and wacky blog)

ABW Ambassador
    I have cut down to two sites. I looked at my cash flow and just couldn't justify non productive sites. It was also hard for me to properly maintain them. My revenues have increased a great deal and my costs have decreased significantly.

It's hard not to have more. Everyday I want to add sites. But I won't let myself until these are maxed out and I can figure out how to maintain anything I build.

How many sites do you have?
    Too Many

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    lol, I'll never tell.... I have too many... And then there is the whole sites vs number of domains issue... too many of those undeveloped also.
    DITTO
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

This month I have 5 less than I had a couple months ago. (It's a good reason )

Currently I have 432 ideas, 80 of them feasible , 32 of them I bought domains for after midnight, 8 I bought domains for while having a brain cramp, 5 of them actual good ideas, 2 of them really worthwhile, 2 sites in test, and zero time to work on any of them. Some things never change.

I like to have a few sites in the 'embryonic phase', domains with a little original content. (supposedly G gives old domains and sites a bit of a boost?)

Just in case my one or 2 moneymakers tank or whatever.

Thanks everyone. W,e got a little off track there but looks like it's back. I was wondering if the majority of ABW'ers have one or two large sites or if they have lots of niche/small sites.

Everything I read says to spread the risk, don't put your eggs in one basket, diversify. But I don't see how you could do that to any large degree while still creating quality sites that you maintain daily or even weekly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mack
    ... 32 of them I bought domains for after midnight, ..
    Yep, those late night domain name searches get me every time too!

About this time a year ago I started buying up every domain I could think of. Now they're one by one coming up for renewal and since I haven't had time to make progress on most of them I figured I'd let them expire.

lol, well my hosting provider had a different plan - it's called auto-renewal. This sucks... now I have to go in and cancel each domain manually, and two just got renewed yesterday because I didn't realize they were due. Doh!

I have 7 sites that I actively manage, but 3 in particular that are making money and I plan to focus on more. I also wrote 2 shareware programs 10 years ago (speaking of diversification) that continue to bring in half of my sales each month.

I have about six that are generating some revenue and a few procrastination sites. You know, "I'll do something with this one day" type thing

8 Domains, 6 of those with live sites up, only a couple with worthwhile traffic/revenue (so I am fixing to cut the fat, though I have such a small amount compared to some of you SUPER affiliates here, LOL!)

Right now I have one site that I've been working on and trying to perfect, although it's indexed and actually making me a little money. I hope to finish it this month and then start working on another site.

Quote Originally Posted by knight01
    ...I was wondering if the majority of ABW'ers have one or two large sites or if they have lots of niche/small sites.

Everything I read says to spread the risk, don't put your eggs in one basket, diversify. But I don't see how you could do that to any large degree while still creating quality sites that you maintain daily or even weekly....
    I can't anser for other ABW members, but MY answer to your question is, "Yes."

Yes I have a couple of large sites that provide the majority of income. They are on the same theme but have different suppiers (the eggs in one basket thing).

Yes, I also have several small, more niche-oriented sites (again, the eggs/basket thing) with differing topics and different suppliers.

Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    Thanks for directing me to this recent thread from the one I just posted. I guess the search feature should become my friend!

When you say sites vs. domains...is it generally one site per domain, and then you have extra domains lying around? Just curious what you meant by this.

Thanks!

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread