Action Jackson - King of the World
    KookooBear Kids datafeed

Hi Jackson,

Thanks for your comments.

We are working hard to get a new, more streamlined datafeed system in place. This will allow affiliates to use smaller, more organized "mini product feeds" which will contain selections of 20-50 products from a particular category. Unfortunately, this involves manually coding categories for 5000 SKUs, which is a big process. Thus we've had some delays with updating our feed.

We know that having up-to-date feeds is very important for affiliates, so you can be assured that we're working as fast as possible to get our new feed launched.

Thanks for your patience!

Quote Originally Posted by KooKoo Bear Kids
    We are working hard to get a new, more streamlined datafeed system in place. This will allow affiliates to use smaller, more organized "mini product feeds" which will contain selections of 20-50 products from a particular category.
    Just my $.02 but this is a "less than eloquent" solution. I don't know who thought of doing it this way but I'd be willing to bet it wasn't a datafeed affiliate.

You would be much better off just fixing the categories.

Quote Originally Posted by Mack
    Just my $.02 but this is a "less than eloquent" solution. I don't know who thought of doing it this way but I'd be willing to bet it wasn't a datafeed affiliate.

You would be much better off just fixing the categories.
    I second that!
    It seems like so many merchants datafeeds are category-challenged.

While I am not currently one of your affiliates my main site has heavy datafeed integration and the sort of "solution" you mention below would do nothing but gaurantee I would seek to partner with someone else in the vertical. I can't imagine any publisher with experience integrating datafeeds would think this is a better solution than a consolidated file with clean categories.

Quote Originally Posted by KooKoo Bear Kids
    Hi Jackson,

This will allow affiliates to use smaller, more organized "mini product feeds" which will contain selections of 20-50 products from a particular category.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi guys,

Thanks for the feedback.

We chose to pursue the "minifeed" strategy because we wanted to help affiliates to offer the best converting selection of products possible. As many of you know, we have over 5000 SKUs, so it can be a little difficult to sort out which ones to feature. With the new strategy, in any given category there will be more than enough items to offer a good selection, while at the same time not overwhelming the potential customer.

We try to be as open to suggestion as possible, however, so if you could explain a little more as to why having a full feed of 5000 products would be better, we'll be happy to hear you out.

Thanks again for your continued interest in our program.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread