ABW Ambassador
    record when a link has been clicked on my site?

What I would like to do is to compare the clickthrough rates that I say I have, against the clicks that the merchant says I have [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

There is already a topic on it and Haiko Had provided a link, I dunno where but maybe in the programming corner?

Sorry, Couldn't be of much help [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Get almost any hit tracking software on your site and rewrite your URL's like this:

/cgi-bin/linktrack/track.cgi?http://qksrv.com/blahblah?blah=yada

Since your URL is getting pretty fearsome, you will want to use mouse-over JavaScript to hide the actual link and just say 'XYZ Merchant'.

Peter Kirby
    Domain Name Registration Directory

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi

There are a number of things to be aware of here, namely that not every click arrives at the destination, there can be any number of reasons for this such as

Connectivity
    User Aborts
    URL Intercepts
    etc

So anything with an error of 10-15% is likely to be correct

Cheers

Chris

Chris Sanderson
    Mondera.com Partner Management
    90 Return Days : 100% Parasite Free : Fast Support : Commission on ALL Sales.

Visit the Mondera Partner Support Zone : Click Here

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks,

You solved my problem Chris, as the discrepancy is 12% although I may install the tracking anyway [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Time to search for the other thread now.

When I wanted to know this and was in doubt I just simply made the banner refer to a framed page on the site and on that page I would frame the affiliate url. Always worked for me....Heck, I'll make you an example....OK it's done. I put it up right here. As you see when you click on the banner to this honest, productive and quality merchant, it takes you to the framed page located here. To be on the safe side, you might want to check with the merchant before doing this as technically I assume they could can you for altering the affiliate url (but in reality only a skank would do you for that anyway).

You can check your website stats as to the number of times the second link above was viewed... Apart from those few who bookmark that second url and then actually return there.

To be on the safe side, you may want to also test it prior to deployment to see if it shows up in the affiliate interface stats.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Don Steitz:
    When I wanted to know this and was in doubt I just simply made the banner refer to a framed page on the site and on that page I would frame the affiliate url. Always worked for me....Heck, I'll make you an example....OK it's done. I put it up http://www.xianllc.com/example_of_framed_aff_link.htm. As you see when you click on the banner to this honest, productive and quality merchant, it takes you to the framed page http://xianllc.com/this_url_is_framed.htm. To be on the safe side, you might want to check with the merchant before doing this as technically I assume they could can you for altering the affiliate url (but in reality only a skank would do you for that anyway).

You can check your website stats as to the number of times the second link above was viewed... Apart from those few who bookmark that second url and then actually return there.

To be on the safe side, you may want to also test it prior to deployment to see if it shows up in the affiliate interface stats.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OMG!! Is ecommerce exchange one of your merchants? Say it isnt so!!!

I have some very bad info on them. I think you should know about it.

You can also do a direct redirect by uploading a "page" on your server that looks like this

&lt; html&gt;
    &lt; head&gt;
    &lt; meta http-equiv="REFRESH"
    content="0; URL=youraffiliateURL"&gt;
    &lt; meta http-equiv="Content-Type"
    content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"&gt;
    &lt; title&gt;Thank You!&lt; /title&gt;
    &lt; /head&gt;
    &lt; body&gt;
    Thanks!
    &lt; /body&gt;
    &lt; /html&gt;

i opened the tags in case it would mess up coding on this page! make sure and close them back up, but this is the exact code!

name the link whatever you want, say it is for xyz merchant, then the url youd call up could be

http://mydomain.com/xyz.html

very short, fast and simple!

"OMG!! Is ecommerce exchange one of your merchants? Say it isnt so!!!

I have some very bad info on them. I think you should know about it. "

I know already. Learned they were crackheads as far as I am concerned about two years ago. I used to help set folks up with merchant accounts and they skanked me on 4 deals that I know of for certain. I was also skanked by some proxy for "Cardservice International". The problem is that these outfits are manned by sods who work for commissions. Let there be nothing but doubt as it is an obvious certainty these goons will hijack your leads. I sent a mess of traffic to these outfits via dedicated top engine placements for terms like "Merchant Accounts" and "Internet Merchant Account". I did great thru Cardservice International back in the day when the customer's info was also forwarded to myself automatically when the lead sheet was filled out. Some sleazy rats were quick to plug that hole. After they stopped auto forwarding the info for leads, it all went to pot and I pretty much bailed on "Merchant Accounts".

"E- Commerce Take" was a jilt from the get-go. I was trying them out prior to NextCard working out some sort of deal with them for exchanging affiliates (or vice versa), so as a favor to Robin Walsh (NextCard AFF Manager), I did some work on giving free leads to "E- Commerce Take" .The first 4 deals I sent them were for some folks I knew whom I helped set up some online businesses for. This 4 folks were stand-up people with immaculate credit. They were hooked up in no time! They never paid me for those and have ignored my emails. I was civil with them for my first 1/2 dozen attempts to get some answers. After that I said, "FI" and just sent nasty letters to them (also ignored). It really matters not to me, as I can prove that they skanked me so I look at it as a bought and paid for license to slam their crackhead operation....

I just looked on one account and it appears up until some time last year I still had "E-Commerce Take" up. It says on one account I had 524 clicks on this one highly targeted "merchant accounts" destination and I was rewarded with a excellent EPC of $1.99. Two words B S . Strangly, on another site that was visited once in a blue moon I did get 165 clicks and an EPC of $151.68. Not that this means anything, as I know that page was my lamest of "merchant account" portals. If that cheesy landing page I made while drunk had an EPC of $151.68 with a mere 165 clicks (never even got more than 10 clickthrus to any of the other "merchant account providers" on that site)why is the other so lame? Could it be because it was actually doing something? I made decent off the other providers I had listed on the first example's site except for the two quality firms I have already mentioned that were there. I guess I won the "token payment" lottery on the second one.

If you want to move merchant accounts, it would be best to set yourself up as a Rep. and put your own application and/or contact form up on the net and push it. They won't be able to skank you because you can check back with the customer to get the low down on their progress. Also the commissions are much nicer.

It's such an insult for these "people" to think I or anyone else in general is stupid enough to not really know better....Well I hope some of them have kids to take care or something meaningful so in the least I can find comfort in my donations for their support.

You said,
    "You can also do a direct redirect by uploading a "page" on your server..."

I also thought of telling him about that one, but I'd be careful with those puppies. Some of the ole' Search Injuns' don't take too kindly to redirects. Sometimes even justifiable ones as they (the engines) don't know the difference. I think I read somewhere that Altavista cans all pages with less than a 20 second redirect. In Google for the moment they appear to work, but I think you might be a little safer with using frames in the long run.....I have a setup somewhere where I framed a redirect that opens in a new window on load. It did not trip Altavista.

Also I find it best to have links in frames to always open in a new window. If not it may jack that padlock from appearing in the corner, that makes the fraud aware surfer all warm and gooey inside. Also it stops those pesky messages from popping up in some browsers that say stuff to the effect of:
    "This site may not be safe to buy from or provide info to."

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread