Geico Commercials
    I am sick and tired of these damm caveman commercials. I will never use Geico ever. I don't care if they give me free insurance, and to think that they are developing a tv show around this garbage.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nyfalcon
    I am sick and tired of these damm caveman commercials. I will never use Geico ever. I don't care if they give me free insurance, and to think that they are developing a tv show around this garbage.
    I'd rather see a sitcom featuring the Gecko...
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Then you'll love this.

http://www.cavemanscrib.com/

Pure marketing Genius. It reminds of me of "Coca Cola" clothes back in the 80's.
    David Carter
    MagazinesQuick.com

It is not genius if I tell my large family and neighbors and they stop using this insurance company.

There is a reason why Hootie & the Blowfish's second album didn't sell well. Its called overkill. Every other commecial on fox sports ny is this geicko caveman stuff.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

I don't watch much television but when I do I notice one thing. There is never, NEVER, any commercial break without a car commercial in it. Start looking for it, you'll see.

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    Personally, I love the caveman ads. They are currently the best ads on TV. However, even I will agree that making an actual TV series around it is a truly horrendous idea.
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

I don't know if I am on the same page with you, but the other day, I was thinking something similar about those ugly caveman commercials.

Unless they put some nice looking ½ naked cave-woman commercials too, I just want to see my favorite green lizard back.

On the last caveman commercial I saw, the stupid caveman rather answer his cell phone, than get help from the ugly old looking therapist hack, he's visiting.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    That's sure to be a horrendous TV show. But what's new about that? TV sucks...

As for the ads, despite avoiding TV they put out so many of those ads that even I've seen 'em too much.

But their ads aren't the reason I don't use Geico and don't intend to. My current insurance agent is only a block away, which means I can zip up there on the due date and know my payment will be credited. With Geico, who knows where they are? I never see a Geico office around here. So that'd mean mailing the check in. Almost all my other payments are done online, so chances are that I'd forget all about 'em until the last second, and by then it's too late to do a mail-in.

Convenience FTW!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

They must spend a ton on adv.
    caveman campaign
    lizard campaign
    'professional announcer' campaign
    sometimes just a regular commercial campaign

I am so glad I rarely watch TV.

But I have seen that freak a time or too. Poor Vinny. Cut back on the TV my friend, TIVO through it, or write Geico in protest. If all else fails, write your congressman. I hear from a reliable source that you are quite talented with letters...

They should bring back captain Caveman.
    Jamie
    Affiliate Manager
    Share Results Affiliate Network
    Join the Share Results Affiliate Network today! [URL=http://www.shareresults.com/ai_affiliatesignup1.php]http://www.shareresults.com/ai_affiliatesignup1.php [/URL]
    e. jamie@shareresults.com
    t. 514-849-8595
    www.shareresults.com

I wish people would love everybody else the way they love me. It would be a better world. - Muhammad Ali

While I don't like anything that re-re-re-...peats - either Warren Buffet really likes his cavemen or the ads work.

Charles

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    But their ads aren't the reason I don't use Geico and don't intend to. My current insurance agent is only a block away, which means I can zip up there on the due date and know my payment will be credited. With Geico, who knows where they are? I never see a Geico office around here. So that'd mean mailing the check in. Almost all my other payments are done online, so chances are that I'd forget all about 'em until the last second, and by then it's too late to do a mail-in.

Convenience FTW!
    I'm surprised you assume you can't pay GEICO premiums online. I have no policies with them, and wouldn't change any of my policies to GEICO for reasons that have nothing to do with their commercials or their office locations (which do seem to be everywhere, including about six blocks from my house) but their website does have a link for online payments.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

It turns out that Cavemen is just a proxy for the minority pov, in fact they're meant to be the new "minority".

Nothing decisive in mind here, it may simply be a social/cultural line as to who the ads connects to.

Joel Stein, of the LA Times, wrote a great op-ed on this. The ad writer (Joe Lawson), along with the directors, pitched the script to ABC. Geico gets a percentage, in return for relinquishing creative control.

"Lawson's great artistic crime is that he took a concept for a medium that sells things and shifted it to a medium whose purpose is to get people to watch the medium that sells things."

Tuan
    [url="http://www.wholesaler.com"]Wholesaler.com[/url]

If you hate them, you'll hate them even more when theirTV Show starts
    http://www.reuters.com/article/enter...ype=RSS&rpc=22

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HardwareGeek
    If you hate them, you'll hate them even more when theirTV Show starts.
    If you like them now, you'll be sick of them by the fifth episode.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador
    Just poor market research. I think a cavewomen series would get better ratings. Haven't read much about this series, are there going to be cavewomen too? Or just cavemen with modern women?

Ah:

"The network even picked up a comedy called "Cavemen," adapted from the Geico commercials as an offbeat commentary on ethnic prejudice from the perspective of three prehistoric guys trying to make their way in the modern world."

Think Clan Of The Cave Bear, Quest For Fire, need cavewomen = ratings

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Mack
    Then you'll love this.

http://www.cavemanscrib.com/
    somebody sent that to me like 3months back. Like it at first but I think it gets old very fast.

Geico, they have good rates.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread