Is there any change to Kolimbo link code?
    I recently checked my account at Kolimbo and found something strange. My stats for last month showed no activity: no impression and no sales. I further checked and compared the affiliate link codes in my websites and in Kolimbo, nothing wrong with them as everything looked no any changes. So what wrong with my stats? I promote two merchants there and every month but June and onward I made a few sales.

Is anyone out there experiencing the same? Please !
    IRS
    Don't ask why the ball doesn't come.

Tax Paying Member
    Me too.

Always got a small check each month up until a few months ago. Its like I got disconnected some place. Impressions, clicks and sales have all but dried up.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

I just logged into my Kolimbo account, and what I noticed is that the "last updated" date was several months old. Did you try clicking on the "Update Stats Now" link? (You can find it under "My Programs".)
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

It's important to remember that Kolimbo is not an affiliate network in the same sense as SaS or CJ. Kolimbo is a portal that collects stats from various affiliate programs that use Kowabunga's MyAP affiliate technology solution; I believe it also handles consolidated payments for a small sub-set of merchants.

Try searching here for "Kowabunga" and "MyAP" and you'll see that in June, Kowabunga abruptly announced a huge fee increase effective July 1 for its long-term merchants, many of whom have dropped their MyAP programs effective on June 30. Some other merchants are "in transition," planning to move to another network and close their Kowabunga/MyAP programs soon. (My understanding is that the fee increase changed the fundamental "model" by imposing a new fee based on something like 30% of fees paid to affiliates, and also imposed a "minimum monthly fee" of $500, up from $50.)

One merchant, Calendars.com acknowledged that its MyAP code had briefly stopped working last month, though they claim that they've fixed the problem and credited any missed commissions. (I had detected the disappearance of transactions within 48 hours and pulled all my Calendars.com campaigns already; but I have seen a few transactions trickle in since then.) I assume that the Calendars.com tracking problem occurred because they were implementing new tracking codes for Performics and CJ, in preparation for terminating their relationship with Kowabunga.

Talk to your merchants. Check your spam folders for emails from those merchants announcing changes. Look at the merchants' web sites. There are huge changes happening for many Kowabunga/MyAP/Kolimbo merchants.

Like MichaelColey, I just logged into my Kolimbo account and discovered that it has not been updated since March; selecting the "update stats now" link brought in the more current data. However, the Kolimbo blog hasn't been updated since March, despite huge changes, which reinforces my belief that the new owners of Kowabunga don't view Kolimbo (or affiliates, or its long-term clients) as important to the company.
    Last edited by markwelch; July 4th, 2007 at 11:02 AM.

Witzer, MichaelColy, and markwelch,
    thank you for your input.

A minute ago I almost pulled out all my links of Kolimbo merchants. Apparently I just saw that Kolimbo has a new feature right above the choose month box stats: View Transaction History :: View All My Programs :: Help :: Update Stats Now. When I clicked the Update Stats Now, I saw my stats for the current month. I checked my June stats and found that it showed more or less the same as my month average.

They make me confused! No email from Kolimbo about these changes.
    IRS
    Don't ask why the ball doesn't come.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread