Zango Pop-up's
    Can you help!

For the last week my home PC seems to be infected with adware/spyware of some sort. I think it may be Zango!.

I have new icons on my desktop (which come back when deleted) and pop-up's taking me to internet sites that I can't stop. Performance is also v.slow.

Have tried to remove via control panel "add/remove programs". Have run Lavasoft Adware removal and Spybot S&D - but it's still happening.

Have run a search on the word "zango" and deleted everything I can (but there are some application files left that I can't remove).

What else can i do?

Are there any free removal tools?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ABW Ambassador
    Had a bout myself of some other kind of adware/trojans.

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=91010

There are some good tips in that thread that can be used for other adware also. I just run everything I have and sometimes a few times over. Most of the time it works. Also tips in that thread about using Hijack This and posting what it finds in their forums and they can walk it thru step by step.

Thanks Trust.

Will take a look.

Internet Cowboy
    Go to MetricsDirect.com and call their customer service and complain to them. They are the ones who infected your computer. Call your local police and file a complaint if you did not knowingly download it. Also write your state and federal Attorney General and call your local TV news stations and see if they will do a story on it.
    If you have a friend who is an attorney, see if you can get them to file a suit against Zango for ruining your computer.

Drastic measures...yes. But people doing things like that are the only way we will get Zango out of business.

Or you can go to PC Tools site. Their Spyware DR. can get rid of spyware. They just won in court against Zango. See http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=89852

2 Busy -

Thanks. I will take a look when I get home. Also the "Geeks to go" forum seems to give some good info' per Trusts post.

Scooter -

I agree with your suggestion but I am in London and don’t recon on much support or interest. Also with two 17yo sons I can't be sure it wasn’t downloaded by accident. I ask but nobody ever downloads anything!!! Apart from all the downloads that is.

Thanks to everybody for the help.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread