Bought Me a Pair of Waders Yesterday
    Chose to post this in the Sports Forum (after all, it's sports fishing that we do)...

I finally decided to do it... Went out and bought a pair Simms waders and boots. Can't wait to return back to Russia and Finland to try them... Can't do it here in the U.S. as I have no rods on me.

Geno

Ride It Like You Stole It CowgirlUp's Avatar
    Can't say I've ever tried waders (but then again, I don't fly flish) Are they thin or thick? First time you try them out let us know if they are comfy.

I couldn't live without my boots though! It doesn't matter if I'm fishing or working at the farm, I gotta have my muck boots. My neighbors make fun of me cuz I'll even wear my mucks with boxer shorts
    Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Gandhi

They (the Simms ones I bought) are quite fine (fairly thin). Very comfy, and you can use them to spin too (not only fly fish)...

Geno

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Simms makes a great wader Geno. You will be very happy with them. I have some Simms, some Orvis and some Hodgman, and like the Hodgman and Simms a lot, but the Orvis waders are terrible. They often leak right out of the box, and invariably seams on them leak. I've talked to them many times over the years about it, as have thousands of other guides, but they have not improved, so I steer clear of Orvis waders. Enjoy your Simms, they are a good quality wader.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Thanks, Alan. I was choosing between Orvis and Simms, but the salesman at Bass Pro (and the price on the Simms ones, which I hoped reflected quality) was too convincing...

Geno

Ride It Like You Stole It CowgirlUp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov
    They (the Simms ones I bought) are quite fine (fairly thin). Very comfy, and you can use them to spin too (not only fly fish)...

Duh! I don't know why I never thought of waders to use on the river! Then I could get out ahead of the bends that block some of the channels I want to get to. Thanks Geno! Now, gotta figure out how to sneak to Cabela's while hubby is at work
    Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by rgrsgrl
    Then I could get out ahead of the bends that block some of the channels I want to get to. Thanks Geno!
    Sure thing, Amy.

Alan, I have thoroughly enjoyed speaking with you tonight. Thank you for your time. ...Now I'm thinking of coming to visit Colorado some time. If you would care to show me fishing places, I'm sure we'd have a blast...

Geno

Are they hip or chest waders? Either way, test them out in safe water like a lake or swimming pool. Wade in a see what happens when the waders fill with water. I found out the hard way in a swift current on the Cache la Poudre River. While crossing the river with my hip waders one foot dropped into a hole and the boots filled instantly. It's almost impossible to control anything as you drift down stream. Luckily I grabbed a rock before entering a section of white water. Ever since then I just walk in and get my pants and shoes wet.
    ~Ernie

Quote Originally Posted by erninator
    Are they hip or chest waders?
    This was exactly the question Alan asked me when we met yesterday. They are chest waders.

Quote Originally Posted by erninator
    While crossing the river with my hip waders one foot dropped into a hole and the boots filled instantly. It's almost impossible to control anything as you drift down stream. Luckily I grabbed a rock before entering a section of white water.
    Whew... Will test mine in a lake first then.

What do you normally fish, erninator?

Geno

Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov
    This was exactly the question Alan asked me when we met yesterday. They are chest waders.

Whew... Will test mine in a lake first then.

What do you normally fish, erninator?

Geno
    I usually fly fish, sometime lures, somtimes everything except the kitchen sink.
    ~Ernie

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread