Newbie Question: Datafeed Image Sizes
    I have searched and searched for the answer to this but can't pinpoint it, so maybe someone here can help.
    I have been trying to add some affiliate products to my website. I want my website to have a store-like feel. My problem is when I add the product html codes to my site, the images are way too large. How do you get small images in a row and then once the visitor clicks on it, they can then go to a larger image with the description and option of buying to product?
    Thanks!

ABW Ambassador
    Here is one way.

Download the product pictures you want to use. Resize them to the size you want them to be. Upload them to your server (or photobucket, etc), then when you add the pictures onto your page, use the ones you uploaded, with links to the merchant's website.

Hopefully that made sense?

(Although, I don't know if a merchant would care if you were taking their pictures, but this way you aren't using their bandwidth either)

you can limit the sizes of images in html by specifying width and height attributes to img tag
    Have a look at this tutorial - http://www.w3schools.com/html/tryit....tml_images_adj

I checked into that and the html codes I am getting have that but it is showing width at "1" and height as "1" but the image comes up to be about 8" x 9".......hmmm....any ideas?

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    To fix that issue we actually pull the graphic to our server, adjust to the size we need and just place the appropriate link behind the graphic. Does that make sense?

Ok, let me see if I have it right. You pull the photo into your own software and size it, then link it using the appropriate link? I will have to mess with this idea to see if I can figure it out.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by tmptnu2
    Ok, let me see if I have it right. You pull the photo into your own software and size it, then link it using the appropriate link? I will have to mess with this idea to see if I can figure it out.
    Yep. Pull the photo, resize it with software, upload it to your server, then link it with the appropriate links. Same thing I explained in my first post, I just said it slightly differently, LOL.

Thanks for the help, a bit more work, but it gets the job done

ABW Ambassador
    True, more work, but you have more control over the pictures too. Plus you don't need to worry about the merchant changing any of their picture links, since you have the pictures on your own server. And you're welcome. =)

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread