Thread: Affiliate Bonus Site Down for Upgrade

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Exclamation Affiliate Bonus Site Down for Upgrade
    Hi All

A nasty little bug crept into the site for some reason which I couldn't track down so I have decided to do a complete upgrade of the Blog System I am using... totally painless they say .... anyway the APB site will be down for a few hours... hopefully not much longer that that.... stay tuned for blow by blow disaster updates

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Well that went horribly wrong, the MySQL error is still there and won't let me upgrade now...... time to call tech support !!
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Yessss.... fixed.... probably not the best approach...but I deleted the troubling table... created it again (empty) and then ran the install script...got a missing field error, added the field, ran the install script...got a missing field error, added the field, ran the install script...got a missing field error, added the field, ran the install script...got a missing field error, added the field, about 15 times.... but I could see I was progressing as the error kept changing.... and finally no more errors, and in the process I learnt some SQL commands too

Phew.......

Huh.... oh great, I get it all fixed and then suddenly...BAM... nailed by my own host!!!

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.
    [Secure NsHosts] Server at www.affiliateprogrambonus.com Port 80

Working again...hopefully up full time now

Quote Originally Posted by Chris - AMWSO
    Yessss.... fixed.... probably not the best approach...but I deleted the troubling table... created it again (empty) and then ran the install script...got a missing field error, added the field, ran the install script...got a missing field error, added the field, ran the install script...got a missing field error, added the field, ran the install script...got a missing field error, added the field, about 15 times.... but I could see I was progressing as the error kept changing.... and finally no more errors, and in the process I learnt some SQL commands too

Phew.......
    I hear your pain in fixing your blog!

Affiliate Manager
    Thumbs up
    I understood almost every single little bit of all of that and I have experienced many of those things all at one time or another. Nothing like having them all jump out at you at once! It's like a great dance at the beginning but then when you are ready for the song to change it kicks up the pace instead, LOL.

Cheers Chris, and thanks for the updates on all of this.

I can do my share of hacking together lines of code, but never played with a data base before, let along delete a whole table....that was all rather new and exciting....well it was once it was live...

Affiliate Manager
    Ha ha! And I'm more comfortable around the databases than the actual coding. Go figure! I have in past jobs ACCIDENTALLY removed live tables full of important data and let me tell you my favorite thing I've learned from that.... THANK YOU BACKUPS!!! YOU REALLY DO WORK! ha ha ha ha

10. Newsletter Signup