Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Don't Miss This! Best Domains On Ebay!
    See the link below and place your bid!
    http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZjays_place_01QQhtZ-1
    Check them out right now! There are more being added every day this week

I have made the payments for 2 domains to you but not getting any response from you..kindly do the needful by giving me the 2 domain names i paid for...thanks

Quote Originally Posted by id2k
    I have made the payments for 2 domains to you but not getting any response from you..kindly do the needful by giving me the 2 domain names i paid for...thanks
    Slow down mate, I only just got your pm and checked my paypal, sending you a pm now with registar details

Thanks

Thanks
    Details sent, enjoy, thanks for your business

the adminstrative details and contact details cannot be changed it remains yours only...are your sure alls well with this deal and theres nothing fishy here????????

the adminstrative details and contact details cannot be changed it remains yours only...are your sure alls well with this deal and theres nothing fishy here????????
    Why can they not be changed? I have never had problems changing the details. Maybe they are having problems with their site? What could be fishy I have given you the login, username and password for the account, what more can I do???
    EDIT: I just logged in and can see you have indeed changed the contact details, but you have not changed the password, that is why I was able to login. What exactly is your problem? I am more than happy to help you but please don't think I am out to cause you problems, ok?

now even the password is not working..can you be plz stop playing this game...i request all abw members not to deal with this person unless and until you want to get cheated..

plz chk properly only the globat account details were changed and not the domain ownership details...i have more 3000 domain names and i know the diffrence between the domain ownership details and the domain sellers site account details...

now even the password is not working..can you be plz stop playing this game...i request all abw members not to deal with this person unless and until you want to get cheated..
    Mate I really don't know why you are doing this, do you have a problem with me?

Just so everyone knows this is how this transaction has proceeded to this point...

id2k asked me if he could buy 2 of my domains outside of ebay as he does not have an ebay account. I agreed to the sale and he told me he would pay me it a couple of hours. I asked him to please hurry with payment as I didn't want anyone to bid on them before I pull them from the auction.

He payed me about 10 minutes later, then about 10 minutes (or so) after payed he replyed her in this thread, pm'd me and sent me an email telling me to quote: "I have made the payments for 2 domains to you but not getting any response from you..kindly do the needful by giving me the 2 domain names i paid for...thanks"

So I quickly checked my paypal and then wrote him a pm with the login, usernames, and password for both domains at globat.com.

Now he is accusing me of cheating??? I simply don't understand, if the contact details are not updating that is a matter for you to sort out with globat.com and has nothing to do with me. I am sure others will tell you this also (anyone please feel free to chime in and back me up here).

What browser are you using for globat? I just logged in and changed the password myself, I am using firefox.

EDIT1: Do you notice you can't login??? I have changed the passwords for both accounts. If you like I can step you through the process, I understand that the globat control panel is not the best and might be a little confusing.

Let me know when you want the passwords so you can access the accouts again.

EDIT2: I can see your still online mate what is happening? Do you want me to update all the contact info for you? I am willing to do it if you like.
    Last edited by JasMate; July 5th, 2007 at 07:46 AM.

I am going to bed now, it is 10pm in aussie and I am sleepy. I will look out for your reply tomorrow.

Cheers,
    Jas.

I am using firefox only if you want then since you say i have changed the contact info then why dont you change the domain ownership info with my details as i am not able to do it..and send me the password which you have changed

MichaelColey as far as i know you are one of the oldest ABWer..can you help me sort this out..thanks in advance

Oldest? Nah, I'm only 38. I think Alan is older than me.

My recommendation would be to have some patience. JasMate hs been around here for quite a while, and he's not out to take advantage of anyone. Whatever the issue is, he'll get it resolved.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

JasMate hs been around here for quite a while, and he's not out to take advantage of anyone. Whatever the issue is, he'll get it resolved.
    I've bought a few domains from JasMate and everything was just as he said. I hate the Globat interface, but that was mostly because I was totally unfamiliar. I can't imagine that he's trying to cheat anyone - just be patient and let him help you.

ABW Ambassador
    How does that work exactly? There is more to it then just getting the login information and changing the info out? I've never done it* but when looking how to aren't there some extra things you need to do to actually transfer ownership? I've seen things like faxing something, getting both parties to sign something, waiting a day/few days kind of deal. I know with the login info you can change things like technical contact, administrative contact but that's different from domain ownership.

Actually did it once where I lost a domain to somebody and had to sign it over and it was more than just sending them login info. Wasn't exactly sure how it's normally done but I do have some domains I want to sell later this year, so just trying to understand how it all works.

I am using firefox only if you want then since you say i have changed the contact info then why dont you change the domain ownership info with my details as i am not able to do it..and send me the password which you have changed
    Yes ok I will do this for you. Sorry you have had this experience, I hope all goes well from here. Give me a few minutes to open my eyes, take a few sips of coffee and I should have the info to you in the next 30 minutes.

EDIT: Wow sorry for the delay, I was having issues myself getting it updated, I have found the cause and will now update all the contacts, give me another 10 minutes to get this sorted for you mate
    Last edited by JasMate; July 5th, 2007 at 02:58 PM.

If a person has their login details for their domain registar then it should be simple to change domain ownership (I am assuming Jas setup each domain with it's own account). I don't use Globat, but Godaddy if someone was given my login account and password they could change ownership of the domains on that account in a heartbeat.

Curious as to why the person also didn't just create an ebay account and bid accordingly?

ABW Ambassador
    "I don't use Globat, but Godaddy if someone was given my login account and password they could change ownership of the domains on that account in a heartbeat."

Really? I only have one domain there, elsewhere it's a bit more involved for actual domain ownership transfer. So there's no set rules on that, it can be different between the registrars as far as that?

Guess so:

http://help.godaddy.com/article.php?...4&topic_id=160

Not really. All you would have to do is change my account password. Then go change the account info, and then change the domain info for the contacts. Basically you turn my account into your account.

Now transferring a domain to another person is a different story. Apparently that didn't happen here. Jas gave this guy his account name and password for the actually Globat account for those domains (I assume from reading this as I don't see anything about transferring).

Transferring a domain to another account or registar is a whole different process, and does require more verifications. However if someone has access to your actual account they could pretty much do what they want if you don't catch it.

ABW Ambassador
    What if let's say in my godaddy account i have more than one domain, let's say 5 and I want to sell 1. How does that work?

I guess the same link I posted:

I guess it's the last part is what I don't know about:
    "The NEW REGISTRANT will be notified by email with instructions on how to complete the process and assume registration of the domain name."

Ok all is done
    I can see why you were so frustrated, it took me an hour to get it done lol.
    I was also unable to change the contact information so I went through a process of elimination to see why I could change some of the contact info but not other parts. The reason is that the "organisation" field needs to not be blank, so what I have done is put your first and last name as your "organisation". You can change this of course but just don't leave the field blank.

Also with globat there are 4 different contact types that need to be all filled out manually, that is why it took me so long. It was a learning experience for me and I am not too concered about the hour I just spent doing it lol.

Now as for the password I changed it back to the original one that I issued you. If you can't remember what it is go back through your pm's you will find it there. The password is easy to update and even though it may seem it has not updated it actually has. As long as you get the green writing that says "modification success" at the top of the screen all is good, log out and try the new password.

Sorry if I can accross rude or dismissive earlier, I have had people buy from me and then complain in an attempt to go back on the deal. I though you may have been one of these people.

Please reply here that everything is indeed now ok so everyone can see that you are now a happy camper

All the best,
    Jas.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    What if let's say in my godaddy account i have more than one domain, let's say 5 and I want to sell 1. How does that work?

I guess the same link I posted:

I guess it's the last part is what I don't know about:
    "The NEW REGISTRANT will be notified by email with instructions on how to complete the process and assume registration of the domain name."
    Trust that is correct. You would transfer the domain to their godaddy account or whatever registar they want. That is the primary method of doing it when selling a domain.

However the other way is just to turn over your account, which is apparently what Jas did in this case. Seeing his last post it shows that they guy didn't know you had to change the domain info on 4 different contacts (like most domains, though with a lot you can change one and it updates all of them if you like).

Safest way is just to use domain transfer.

I have had people buy from me and then complain in an attempt to go back on the deal. I though you may have been one of these people.
    I dont think i gave you any reason to think that i am trying to go back on the deal, if you or anybody who has read my post here can see that i have not in any of the post asked you for refund or to cancel the deal...i have only asked you to fix the issue and this shows that i genuienly wanted the deal to go ahead. Whatever made you think about me as one of those!!!

The info is updated and all looks well now..only thing the domains are expiring on 24th july and i will again have to pay for their renewal..anyways thats my fault not to check the domain expiry nothing to do with you. Thanks.

One last thing plz dont use this kind of domain seller who can spell trouble for your business (as in our case globat almost made a mess of the deal).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast